10-12-2016 09:27 AM
1,439 ... 1213141516 ...
    Returned mine to T-Mobile. It was great for the short time I had it. Maybe the next one will have better luck. In the meantime, I went back to familiar ground.
    10-10-2016 10:10 AM
    Got an appt at 1130 to swap... guess I will go back to an S7e... maybe an Active?

Oddly, this N7 never gets warm even and my loaner S7e got hot every time I charged it wirelessly. I am more concerned about the support and future backlash than the actual phone.
    acentralist likes this.
    10-10-2016 10:16 AM
    The Deluxe Special Edition has the Snapdragon 821 with 6GB RAM. Only thing I don't like about it is the price tag of $799. For $499, I can get the regular Deluxe with the Snapdragon 820, also has 6GB RAM. I don't see paying a $300 premium for a. Snapdragon 821.
    The Pixel has 6gb ram?
    10-10-2016 10:33 AM
    But how does the s7 edge compare to the v20? I would think the v20 is better?
    10-10-2016 10:35 AM
    If people have enjoyed their Samsung phones due to the vast array of features provided, this discussion is moot.

Google/Nexus phones are barren of features. Some tiny things will certainly annoy the heck out of you. No separate volumes for Ring and Notifications. No ability to stop vibrating on notifications... the list goes on and on.

LG UX comes close in providing as many features as Samsung does with Touchwiz/Grace. Between the Pixel and V20, you'll most certainly get closer to the Note7/Note5 experience with the V20 (minus the stylus).
    Are we sure vzw is even carrying the v20? Nothing from them yet.
    10-10-2016 10:36 AM
    Funny I see all this media talk, but on forums no one is giving up their Note 7. I've had 4 Note 7's pass through my house (I've had originally black, returned for silver, and now a replacement silver, and my wife had one) and none have had issues.
    That's just the thing: They are great phones right up until the time that they might develop a problem, and then it's too late. You/I/We won't know until it happens to you/me/us. Knowing that the likelihood is higher that the Note 7 can develop combustible scenarios is reason enough for me to look for a replacement. My family is more important to me than holding on to the best phone I've ever owned.

Of course, that's just my $.02. To each his own.
    10-10-2016 10:47 AM
    Personally, I feel that the V20 would be the better phone, as you are getting more for your money. Although I am not a Samsung user, I think that the Note series is the best phone you can buy hands down. The Pixel's cost cannot be justified if you are looking at features to price, and I believe that's where you need to look
    Have they solved the bootloop problem at LG? The 'can't stay connected to wi-fi' problem my G3 had constantly when other phones in the household had no problem? The call quality--everyone telling me I sounded miles away and underwater--problem? My G3 had cracks around the microphone, a common problem with that model, for no reason anyone could come up with, and crappy battery life. Bottom line, I don't trust them. But that's obviously just my opinion.
    T48 likes this.
    10-10-2016 10:53 AM
    How about Mate 9? The specs are almost as identical as Note 7.
    10-10-2016 11:04 AM
    I'm actually in quite a dilemma over which phone to pick as a new daily driver.

I'm still looking at the Axon 7, but the HTC 10 and Zenfone 3 Deluxe have piqued my interest a bit.
    10-10-2016 11:10 AM
    I've been spoiled with the size of the Note and its real estate. I enjoy watching my numerous shows on the Note and rarely even watch my actual TV now haaaa !!!

The V20 for now is the best candidate for ME as a replacement with its size and hardware. It looks great in Silver where it reminds me when I had my M7s and M8s.
    I loved the M7!!
    10-10-2016 11:13 AM

Not as the daily driver, anyway. And the cost of either really wouldn't justify it.
    If you don't need microSD slots, get a Note 5.
    If you do, get a Note 4.
    Both should be available on Swappa.
    10-10-2016 11:14 AM
    Are we sure vzw is even carrying the v20? Nothing from them yet.
    The Verizon press release says they are but vague about details.

The LG V20: coming to Verizon on LTE Advanced | About Verizon
    recDNA likes this.
    10-10-2016 11:18 AM
    Curious to why no one ever mentions the Moto Z Force as an option. It may be because it's a Verizon exclusive. It has a shatterproof display, SD card, big 3,500mah battery,Type C fast charge. What am I missing? For those of us on Verizon, it looks to be as good a replacement as any. The reviews look pretty good as well.
    10-10-2016 11:21 AM
    As of this morning, I am finding myself in the position of considering returning my N7. I love the phone features, design and build, but there are so many issues surfacing, rational ones actually, like future software updates, carrier support, future value and many others, that have me thinking. With all four major carriers offering immediate return/refund and/or exchange policies, it points to the importance of the "perceptions" surrounding this phone.

But, I can't pull the trigger now. The options are so unacceptable for me: an iPhone or an older/less capable Samsung phone just doesn't cut it. There's zero chance I would want to live in the stifling (for me) Apple ecosystem and their phones that are years behind the times (again, IMO). The S7 variants are fine phones, but the N7 is clearly out front on the features design and build fronts. I don't want to go backwards.

So, here I am considering the Pixel, that I recently criticized on this forum for looking like an iPhone clone, and the V20, which quite frankly looks amazing. But both of these phones are weeks off, so I guess I have to sit tight for now.

Are any of you considering these two phones?
    Yes, think I am going to get BOTH of them N7 + LGV20 + matching smartwatches.
    Jona005 likes this.
    10-10-2016 11:21 AM
    Same software, same cameras. Only difference could be that some models use a samsung sensor, others a Sony. Exactly the same with the 7/Edge.
    10-10-2016 11:26 AM
    My plan is to keep my N7 for the moment. I want to see what the CPSC has to say, as well as the FAA and other agencies. I'm also waiting for some official communication. If I have to move on from th N7, I think I will buy a lesser phone, or move back to a N4, and either get a new S8, or wait until the N8 comes out. The Pixel is too much of an OLD iPhone clone, and I still have quality concerns with LG. I guess I'm in wait and see mode for the moment. The N7 situation is definitely unfortunate. I love the phone and features. But I need to be able to take, and use my phone wherever I go. I think the N7 will be discontinued, and eventually recalled.
    10-10-2016 11:27 AM
    I could cry when I think about how much time wasted here and trying desperately to find recall info and figuring out a replacement phone instead of enjoying my n7
    panzerghost, Jona005 and Amele like this.
    10-10-2016 11:27 AM
    I can't help feeling Samsung doesn't know what the problem is. I love this phone, and will be sad at losing it, but the drama and uncertainty have gotten to me and I am returning it for a Pixel Xl. Don't trust LG, hated the s7edge, and in the end Note 5 had battery issues and only 64 gb. I can live with 128 gb for a couple of years, but I didn't think I could live with 64gb. Will miss everything about the Note 7, and never meant to return it, but it's too much. The other thing is--I mentioned this in another thread but I think it's interesting--this is the same timeline. The original Notes started melting down or catching fire or whatever about 2 weeks in, and this is about 2 weeks in from when a lot of the replacements were activated. I hope Samsung figures it out, but I can't see any new customers swarming to buy a supposedly, 3rd times a charm, refixed Note 7 which means the carriers have no stake in selling them, which means no updates or support. The guy I talked to at Verizon customer service today said trust him, they were all as sick of the drama and questions and publicity as we are.
    10-10-2016 11:37 AM
    i enjoyed my Note 7 and honestly i dont know what to do... there is no other phone i have interest in... now i hear that they may push the S8 out in Feb... i think they are rushing... which makes me concerned that the S8 will have some issues as well.
    Joeykool likes this.
    10-10-2016 11:40 AM
    Curious to why no one ever mentions the Moto Z Force as an option. It may be because it's a Verizon exclusive. It has a shatterproof display, SD card, big 3,500mah battery,Type C fast charge. What am I missing? For those of us on Verizon, it looks to be as good a replacement as any. The reviews look pretty good as well.
    The shattershield is one reason why I won't buy it...scratches too easily and I won't put a shield over it. Another big reason is Lenovo broke their promise to update my Droid Maxx and other models to Lollipop. Also the mods don't do anything for since in most cases they add bulk.
    haganjeff likes this.
    10-10-2016 11:56 AM
    This absolutely sucks. While I'm not too upset that I'll go with the V20, I'm unhappy that Sammy is obviously hiding something and isn't being forthright in their investigation and communication process. Not sure I'll go back to a Samsung phone - or any other electronic device.

Wifey and I are in the market for a washer, dryer and a dishwasher. No way I'll consider them in the short term. I was never a fanboy, but I did like the Galaxy line (from the S3, Note 3 and up). I had the V10 for the couple weeks before i got my replacement N7 an liked it (the battery was turrrble (Charles Barkley voice), but the rest of the phone was pretty good.

I was in store playing with the V20 just a few minutes ago. I put in the pre-order online and should receive in about 2 weeks. Using my Nexus 5X until then. So disappointed. 4 or 5 friggin phones in a matter of a month. I'm tired of setting these up each time.
    Joeykool likes this.
    10-10-2016 12:12 PM
    Imho the v20 hardware is more versatile but in the end the most important feature of the pixel is the software so that's that.
    10-10-2016 12:18 PM
    Go with the S7E if you don't mind the overly thin bezels. To me it feels like holding a phone backwards, with the screen turned towards my palm. Spec-wise the S7E is a better pick than the Note 5. Which one to get depends on your personal preference.
    jerrycau123 likes this.
    10-10-2016 12:21 PM
    This is probably the saddest thread I have read =( Man I'm so attached to my N7. I actually still have my original with recall warnings and all lol Mine hasn't even gotten warm yet and I just can't find anything else I want to switch with. Plus all these new reprots of replacments also catching fire and some not even charging half full I'm worried I'll get a worse phone once I trade. Never the less new report claim that Samsung has officially stopped production of the Note 7. So that just makes things more confusing. What if my phone really has a issue down the road? Plus resell value will be worth nothing if this thing really does go bad and I want to swap to something else. I do like the Pixel but as many said in these threads no micro USB is the deal breaker. Plus anyone who has the N7 should have taken advantage of the free 256gb micro card offer. Mine is sitting in my drawer until I figure out what route to take. I'm so confused but all this and really wish there was another phone in the market with same specs and extra storage. No matter how much I do side by sides I still can't compare. Either battery life is lower, there is not sd card slot, or slower processor.

PS I called Verizon last week and they told me they extended the exchange date to additional 45 days. So I guess I got about a month now to decide. Time is ticking though.
    10-10-2016 12:22 PM
    I was also flirting with idea of the Lg v10. But that Samsung Pay is so so convenient
    I used the V10 in between Note 7s and it was great. The battery was terrible, but the overall experience was good. Going with the V20 instead. Shipping out on or about 10/21.
    amyf27 and Nostromo79 like this.
    10-10-2016 12:26 PM
1,439 ... 1213141516 ...