10-12-2016 09:27 AM
1,439 ... 2829303132 ...
tools
    So you would be satisfied with a cheap low range J series phone because that would be the best they can do as a free phone....
    It is up to Samsung to determine what they must do regarding customer retention. The following quote probably expresses the point I am trying to make better than I did.

I am sorry but they need to do better by their customers and they can to me.....eg: even though I don't like the S7 edge, offer it at half price for customers that will take it if they return their replacement Note 7 and $100 off/credit towards the next Note or S series that will come out. Yes, they need to do better. End of story.
    10-10-2016 09:23 PM
    Try and find a Note 5. Completely discontinued and unavailable for Sprint unless you buy a used device elsewhere.
    You can get the 32gb version direct from Samsung. I got a refurbished one from T-Mobile but I had the option of getting a new one. I took the refurbished so I it will be paid off when the Note 8 comes out and I'll give the 5 to my son.
    10-10-2016 09:27 PM
    This is by far the worst timing as far as replacement options go. I can't remember a time where there was only one good option on the market. We currently have that one good option. I'm at a complete loss on what to get next. I guess I wait for the underwhelming v20.
    We have no official instructions. Did anyone receive any emails or texts? This is ridiculous. Last time there was an exchange but even then I went to BB myself and asked getting tired of waiting around. So I'm not doing anything yet. Agreed we are all left hanging. I'm not powering down. This is my primary number and I need it for work right now too.
    Laura Crusader likes this.
    When people say "Samsung has lost me forever", or "I'll never trust Samsung again" to effect how is it not a threat? After being able to triple-dip on the Gear Fit2, 256GB SD card, and Gear VR promotions through this entire ordeal, what more do you want? The value of the promotions pretty much offsets the price of a new Note. I guess some people will never be satisfied unless they want a personal apology or a free upgrade lol. Of course they want a free upgrade plus the chance to get a refund their current Note 7s too.

I understand the need to vent but such drama is unnecessary
    Samsung hasn't lost me forever I will surely be back next year.....people should know that Samsung will do whatever it takes to be flawless next year so it will be quite interesting to see no other phone maker be able to match it.....
    10-10-2016 09:30 PM
    I love my N7.. But, it's time to let it go. I purchased directly from Samsung.ca, so, I have to wait for the refund. I'll pick up the S7 Edge tomorrow (From what I've read, it still an excellent phone, with a slight smaller screen. 5.5, which is still great).

And yes, the # of incidents that have happened are small, and not verified.. but, they keep mounting up. And if Samsung has decided to tell us to "Power down." their must be some claim to the issues. Nope, it's a phone, it sucks.. But, I am tired of going through this. I just want a good phone that works. And, we all know samsung isn't going to roll out a 'second' exchange. The Note 7 reputations is shot. No one will trust this phone.
    amyf27 and TwitchyPuppy like this.
    10-10-2016 09:36 PM
    That's just it, Samsung is being vague yet again. What's the issue, are they going to try to fix it and replace our phones, or are they just dropping the note 7 all together???

And not required, but maybe a good discount on the s7/7 edge to help keep the n7 customers with Samsung.

Information Samsung.. Some of us are die hard fans of yours, but your pushing them away to the pixel, v20, or iPhone 7 plus. At least attempt to keep your customers.
    jackash0912 and athenatp like this.
    10-10-2016 09:49 PM
    I'm sure the people threatening to leave Samsung forever around here because of the way they've been "treated" would be the first to trade in their new phones for a S8 when it comes out.

After all it's about having the latest and greatest around here...
    I'd switch to the Note 8, but not the S8. I'm not a fan of the S series. I'm a fan of the Note series
    10-10-2016 10:00 PM
    As much as I do not want to get rid of this phone.... It's took much of a risk to keep for many reasons beyond the battery.

Bought the phone at best buy. I decided I want the v20. I have no back up phone because we switched to at&t 11 days ago. Best buy does not even have the v20 listed. Could I take my phone to an AT&T store, other the v20 and get a loaner? I can't be without a phone and I want the v20. Was kicking around the s7 edge but no way... I want that v20. What to do?
    10-10-2016 10:05 PM
    That's just it, Samsung is being vague yet again. What's the issue, are they going to try to fix it and replace our phones, or are they just dropping the note 7 all together???
    Exchange for another device or full refund..... No mention of fix or replacing with another N7...... Sounds like their done with this phone for good
    Another phone I highly recommend is the Axon 7. My brother was affected by the Note 7 recall and had to buy a new phone. He tried the One Plus 3 but had Bluetooth issues with his car, many are.
    So far he's really liking the Axon 7.
    Where can you get the Axon 7? I am on TMobile will it work with it?
    [mod edit] 90 cases!!!! out of 2.5 million... that's what....0.0036% !!!!! That's not even a rounding error!
    so if 90 cars blew up in a certain model that sold millions, would that be an acceptable number? I know nobody died from this but it could of easily happened.
    10-10-2016 10:08 PM
    We have no official instructions. Did anyone receive any emails or texts? This is ridiculous. Last time there was an exchange but even then I went to BB myself and asked getting tired of waiting around. So I'm not doing anything yet. Agreed we are all left hanging. I'm not powering down. This is my primary number and I need it for work right now too.
    Nope I checked for an official email. Nothing yet, nothing in the news so far....honestly sometimes I spend months not logging into AC, I wouldn't have known a thing if it was one of those months. But maybe there will be emails and stuff tomorrow.
    10-10-2016 10:09 PM
    When people say "Samsung has lost me forever", or "I'll never trust Samsung again" to effect how is it not a threat? After being able to triple-dip on the Gear Fit2, 256GB SD card, and Gear VR promotions through this entire ordeal, what more do you want? The value of the promotions pretty much offsets the price of a new Note. I guess some people will never be satisfied unless they want a personal apology or a free upgrade lol. Of course they want a free upgrade plus the chance to get a refund their current Note 7s too.

I understand the need to vent but such drama is unnecessary
    I understand the drama thing....but now people are just upset. And you really have to let them be. I might be mad now and say all these things but a shiny new phone that I like in the future might offset my anger....lol. So yup let us vent some....most of us will get over it. But for now, Samsung needs to do better and they will truly have to earn my loyalty again. That is not too much to ask after most of us sticking around after the first recall and jumping through hoops to get replacements.
    golfergirl13 likes this.
    10-10-2016 10:18 PM
    Good to hear, I think I am going with the S7 Edge tomorrow. Then saying good bye to my N7. I never used the S-Pen, or the iris scanner. I'll miss the bigger screen but I am sure it'll be fine..
    10-10-2016 10:20 PM
    No s7 edge's are available near me through corporate verizon stores. So i am going to geta refund and then buy a note 7 at best buy.
    10-10-2016 10:23 PM
    S7 edge is sold out in both stores near me and they don't know if they are getting them tomorrow.

I have no spare phone (except for my LG G5 brick). Want to see if i can return it to best buy, but i doubt it will work. I really don't want the Z force, V10 or HTC 10. ANd last iphone 7+ was sold 10 min before i got there.

What do i do?
    Yea, on Sept 14th during the first recall I returned my Note 7 for an Edge and I had to drive 30 miles to a store that only had two black ones left and had them hold it for me. I also notice at Best Buy S7 edge cases in demand too.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    10-10-2016 10:26 PM
    So I want a v20 as a replacement phone. Bought phone at best buy but don't have a temp phone to use till I get a v20. Can I take it to an AT&T store and return the note7, get a loaner and order a v20? Just switched to AT&T 11 days ago via best buy.
    10-10-2016 10:29 PM
    Yea, on Sept 14th during the first recall I returned my Note 7 for an Edge and I had to drive 30 miles to a store that only had two black ones left and had them hold it for me. I also notice at Best Buy S7 edge cases in demand too.
    Apparently it is available at my best buy. But will call tomorrow in advance just in case.
    10-10-2016 10:31 PM
    So I want a v20 as a replacement phone. Bought phone at best buy but don't have a temp phone to use till I get a v20. Can I take it to an AT&T store and return the note7, get a loaner and order a v20? Just switched to AT&T 11 days ago via best buy.
    I didn't see any mention of a loaner this time around.
    10-10-2016 10:33 PM
    As of this morning, I am finding myself in the position of considering returning my N7. I love the phone features, design and build, but there are so many issues surfacing, rational ones actually, like future software updates, carrier support, future value and many others, that have me thinking. With all four major carriers offering immediate return/refund and/or exchange policies, it points to the importance of the "perceptions" surrounding this phone.

But, I can't pull the trigger now. The options are so unacceptable for me: an iPhone or an older/less capable Samsung phone just doesn't cut it. There's zero chance I would want to live in the stifling (for me) Apple ecosystem and their phones that are years behind the times (again, IMO). The S7 variants are fine phones, but the N7 is clearly out front on the features design and build fronts. I don't want to go backwards.

So, here I am considering the Pixel, that I recently criticized on this forum for looking like an iPhone clone, and the V20, which quite frankly looks amazing. But both of these phones are weeks off, so I guess I have to sit tight for now.

Are any of you considering these two phones?
    10-10-2016 10:36 PM
    I wouldn't have a backup phone since we just switched to att from Verizon
    10-10-2016 10:36 PM
    Really? Telling us to go power down the phone, go get another one and we will give you $25??? I am sorry that is not good.
    Now I have go get another phone, I had one that was almost paid off so it's like restarting payments for the same phone. That I would've almost been done with. I have jump from TMobile. I don't want the S7 Edge, never wanted the stupid thing. LG V20 doesn't look that great, plus I had an LG awhile back, that phone was a nightmare. The google Pixel XL, is it even going to work on TMobile? Yes, I understand that they didn't willingly put a bad phone out, but to me they aren't even trying to do any type of resolution to this, other than return the phone.
    I dunno, I'll look for something over the weekend. I am actually tired of the Mobile world all together.
    I understand your frustration. However, at least in my case I paid off my Note 5 so I still have it available though I did promise it to my fiance. So I'm going to have to tell her the bad news. I just don't see any other phones out there for me to swap to. I use the stylus religiously so I have no options but to stay in the Note brand. I'm going to wait till the end of the month and see. If I hear nothing, whelp back to Note 5 for me and somehow get ATT to cancel my Next Plan for this Note 7. But yah I'm pretty much tired with the mobile world in general.

I'm just frustrated that Samsung's response was very vague on the future of the Note 7. If the phones are going to be scrapped just say so because if by some chance it will resurface again down the road in 2 or 3 months it would be unfortunate for someone who already changed to another phone and now have to wait until they can upgrade again or pay off half of this new phone they didn't even want to begin with to be able to upgrade.

I need some aspirin lol
    10-10-2016 10:42 PM
    I decided on the v20 but what do I do? I got my n7 at best buy and they don't have v20's listed on their site! Plus I don't have a backup phone until I get something? Don't really want a s7edge
    I am in the same boat. We might have to buy a cheap phone to get us by for a few weeks. Also consider running phones to BB and dealing with an ATT store for your next purchase . The last 2 months dealing with BB has been a horrible experience. I had to search 7 BB stores before I found an empooyee that knew his head from his a$$. Our local ATT store is on Point.
    10-10-2016 10:42 PM
    I didn't see any mention of a loaner this time around.
    That's why I think the n7 is being discontinued
    10-10-2016 10:43 PM
1,439 ... 2829303132 ...