10-12-2016 09:27 AM
1,439 ... 2930313233 ...
tools
    Where can you get the Axon 7? I am on TMobile will it work with it?
    Amazon.com
    athenatp and libra89 like this.
    10-10-2016 10:44 PM
    Now Samsung crippled the oculous software so the VR is unusable with the N7. I agree with the decision but VR gets added to the useless POS list.

I cant wait until i can get settled in with a permanent phone. The doorman at BB now greets me by my first name.
    Joeykool and Serkle K like this.
    10-10-2016 10:46 PM
    Was thinking of getting another MXPE, but will likely just take my sim and put in my Note 4 (have sim adapter). Samsung lost a Note 7 fanboy with me. The Edge has the same storage as the Note 4 and does not have the edge distorting games, video and web pages. The Note 7 curve is less than half as pronounced. The Note 4 has no edge, so no distortion.

Plus it's paid for
    10-10-2016 10:47 PM
    Now Samsung crippled the oculous software so the VR is unusable with the N7. I agree with the decision but VR gets added to the useless POS list.

I cant wait until i can get settled in with a permanent phone. The doorman at BB now greets me by my first name.
    That's good. BB likes regular customers lol. I'm glad I didn't choose for the VR now I went for the memory card. I can at least still use it for other devices or sell it.
    10-10-2016 10:48 PM
    I too toyed with this thought as well but my note 7 works no problem. Dont plan on returning it.
    10-10-2016 11:10 PM
    No s7 edge's are available near me through corporate verizon stores. So i am going to geta refund and then buy a note 7 at best buy.
    Best buy still selling the note7 even tho Samsung asked them not to?
    10-10-2016 11:12 PM
    It's possible the S7edge will explode too, and there has been,like a couple of cases where it Has, as well as an Active. I'm not taking any chances. I just put in my Note 7 SIM card into my Note 5. I'll wait to see what the LG V 20 brings, but I'm really not a fan of rear fingerprint scanners, but it seems that's the whole new trend now. Pixel, doesn't have a microsd card slot. I'm going to miss the s-pen, water resistance, bigger battery.
    There have been iPhone 7s and iPhone 6s's that have exploded too. Short of an uncommonly high number of occurrences, you shouldn't be worried. S7 Edge included.
    10-10-2016 11:13 PM
    Genuinely sad to this happening as this had been the best phone I have ever used till date. I honestly can't see any similar experience in any other device in the market which raises a question:

What would be your replacement should the replacements are confirmed to be unsafe?

I highly doubt a second global recall would happen although I would so keep the phone and wait for another replacement should Samsung decide to do so.

Some people are suggesting the S7 edge but after using the Note 7, the feel of the S7 edge in the hand seems odd. Never been an iPhone fan but it looks like I am going to have to grab Apple's 'toy' after all... Until a dual lens Note 8?

Would love to hear your thoughts.
    10-10-2016 11:13 PM
    I too toyed with this thought as well but my note 7 works no problem. Dont plan on returning it.
    Hopefully yours isn't one to catch fire and burn down the house,car or kill someone cause I'm guessing your insurance isn't going to back you.
    10-10-2016 11:17 PM
    Going back to the Note 4. Replaceable battery and paid for. Was thinking of the MXPE again, but decided not to, since the 808 chokes with 1440p. V20 is IMO too inferior to the Note 7 to warrant same price as Note 7.

Going old school for now.
    Jad Morffier, cinnamin and zoomis like this.
    10-10-2016 11:18 PM
    Would go S7E if it had 64GB. Likely going V20 or Pixel XL. Still toying with HTC 10, but not sure I can go with that small of a screen.
    indysteve9 likes this.
    10-10-2016 11:18 PM
    I don't have a clue what I would switch to if im forced to give back note7. Hate to have to wait a year for the note8. I'm so aggravated right now. All the cases etc I've bout for this phone and I was excited when got replacement Friday and now this crap. Hope Samsung tells us soon if they going to officially discontinue the note 7 or not. I'll be hella mad if i switch phone and they fixed it somehow and i can't get it cause im stuck with another phone.
    10-10-2016 11:20 PM
    S7 Edge. The loaner one I used was God awful silver/gold. I had a crappy case too and I always pulled up edge display not intentionally. Rarely did it without meaning too. Grace UX destroys touch wiz i loved using it and missed it when using the s7 edge. Lack of HDR video support, stylus, and retina scanner are the true N7 exclusives.

There will be more cases/screen protectors for the s7 edge since it's been longer. Unless every single s7 edge blows up Samsung will support it and it's already confirmed for nougat and grace ux. So aside from screen size, retina scanner, HDR video, and s pen the s7 edge isn't as different and will be better when it gets grace ux.

For those who got to keep all the fast chargers or invested in wireless charging pucks those will still work. Only true nitpick I have with it is 32 GB onboard storage and the edge display is implemented better on note 7

Truthfully the pixel xl is 5.5 which is around the s7 edge size. Although S7 would have less headache with screen protectors and glass ones too
    10-10-2016 11:23 PM
    I don't have a clue what I would switch to if im forced to give back note7. Hate to have to wait a year for the note8. I'm so aggravated right now. All the cases etc I've bout for this phone and I was excited when got replacement Friday and now this crap. Hope Samsung tells us soon if they going to officially discontinue the note 7 or not. I'll be hella mad if i switch phone and they fixed it somehow and i can't get it cause im stuck with another phone.
    That's what I'm battling with. They are saying that we should power them down and exchange them, but they didn't officially say it was a recall. I'd hate to take mine back this week and then they figure out what's wrong soon after. Although I love this phone It's not worth returning and them having to rebuy it again. If I give it up I'm pretty much done.
    Jewels81 likes this.
    10-10-2016 11:27 PM
    They gave me an S7 Edge to use when I handed my original Note7 in. I didn't like it at all. I've got the replacement Note7 now and it runs like a dream. I've still got my Note 4 so I think I would go back to that if need be.

As I've posted elsewhere if you have a rooted Note 4 or are thinking about rooting your Note 4 you can install the full Note7 rom on it. I'm running the Norma V5 Note7 port on my N910G at the moment and it's very good. Worth a look if you want the best of both worlds.
    10-10-2016 11:28 PM
    A Note 8 of course.
    Delirious D likes this.
    10-10-2016 11:32 PM
    I'm loving my new iTurd even more now.
    Where did you get your iTurd from? I'm on VZW and I ordered a mePhone 7 Plus for my daughter and they were all back-ordered. Her new mePhone 7 Plus ships 11/30/16.

Super pissed that Samsung can't get their QC together. Love the Note 7 nothing compares. I got the Note 7 on an upgrade @ $299.99 & locked in my UDP for 2 yrs. Now it looks like all that is gone. I'm considering it but I'm not sure I can go mePhone 7 Plus or any device around because nothing else compares.. Gonna "fire up" my Note 4 but going from the Note 7 to anything else will be painful.
    10-10-2016 11:33 PM
    I just returned mine tonight for an s7 edge.not to thrilled. But I did get a FREE TV out of it.apparently it was a promotion for Verizon customers. But the Samsung rep let me have it for sticking with Samsung.
    Attached Thumbnails Old Information about the Note 7 Recall-8527.jpg  
    10-10-2016 11:34 PM
    As much as I do not want to get rid of this phone.... It's took much of a risk to keep for many reasons beyond the battery.

Bought the phone at best buy. I decided I want the v20. I have no back up phone because we switched to at&t 11 days ago. Best buy does not even have the v20 listed. Could I take my phone to an AT&T store, other the v20 and get a loaner? I can't be without a phone and I want the v20. Was kicking around the s7 edge but no way... I want that v20. What to do?
    The only thing left to do is buy a hefty container of Vaseline and bend over. I know it's just a phone, but this whole ordeal sure sucks.
    10-10-2016 11:36 PM
    HTC 10.

HTC was running a promo last week for $550.
    10-10-2016 11:38 PM
    Oh Bat Guano. It's too early to tell. The Samsung Lawyers have spoken. We'll see.
    10-10-2016 11:40 PM
    I'm tired of this mess. Love, absolutely love the note 7.. but just can't get over this fiasco. Found an iPhone 256gb in gold close to me, handled it, hated it...

Switched over to the s7e..and got my free TV too..

The only thing left to do is buy a hefty container of Vaseline and bend over. I know it's just a phone, but this whole ordeal sure sucks.
    Lol! Yep.... True!
    So after all that happened with Samsung lots of guys are switching to yet another Samsung phone that reportedly overheats at an alarming rate and is also reported to spontaneously burn / blow up. Just spend 5 minutes googling it.

I just don't get it, honestly.
    10-10-2016 11:41 PM
    HTC 10.

HTC was running a promo last week for $550.
    Have you had a HTC phone before? Are they pretty good? Only phones I've had are Samsung and Motorola.
    10-10-2016 11:45 PM
1,439 ... 2930313233 ...