10-12-2016 09:27 AM
1,439 ... 3738394041 ...
tools
    Just curious what feature attacts you to the v20. Seems to me like a lesser phone to the V20 outside of removable battery but at the expense of no waterproof.
    I'd rather have the n7 but...

Lesser phone to the? I think auto correct got you? Which phone did you mean?

I had a v10 and loved it so the v20 should be familier to me.
    10-11-2016 07:32 AM
    Apparently Samsung also own a major fire extinguisher company too - which would explain their stock jump.
    10-11-2016 07:33 AM
    So mad because I had something I truly was content with owning. Now I'm scouring the Internet for a cheap replacement.
    10-11-2016 07:33 AM
    Note Brand done? Hardly. It had a solid niche in the market. How many stylus phones are out there with the unique feature set that the Notes have? They will be extra extra extra careful with the Note 8 and it'll release earlier in the cycle in 2017. Guaranteed.
    Yeah, I don't see the Note brand done either.

As far as you folks hoping/waiting for the S8...... why? If you were a NOTE user who loves the Note features, why on earth are you looking forward to a 5.1" screen with no S-pen?
    People like the Note for different reasons. For me, the Spen is a bonus, but not why I bought it. People may just be used to Samsung's UI, love their displays (who doesn't), etc. There is no "one type" of Note user.
    21stNow likes this.
    10-11-2016 07:34 AM
    So I'm returning to my paid off Note 5. I'll do my Note 7 return this week. Its officially dead my beautiful Note 7.

I've never seen such a disaster before in mobile. I honestly loved this phone. It was the only one that had everything I needed.

I know for a fact I will have a Case Study for this Samsung debacle in school soon enough.
    10-11-2016 07:34 AM
    Hey all. Super bummed I can't stay with this beautiful device. But I have accepted its fate.

My problem is the only replacement I'm interested in is the iPhone 7+ and it's nowhere to be found. I have no phone to use as a backup until they come in stock. My plan is to keep using my n7 until the iPhone 7+ becomes readily available probably mid November.
    I could probably get it sooner if I order it online but i need to exchange my current phone because I don't want to leave all that money tied up. (bought mine in full through AT&T). Any suggestions?
    10-11-2016 07:35 AM
    Note Brand done? Hardly. It had a solid niche in the market. How many stylus phones are out there with the unique feature set that the Notes have? They will be extra extra extra careful with the Note 8 and it'll release earlier in the cycle in 2017. Guaranteed.

As far as you folks hoping/waiting for the S8...... why? If you were a NOTE user who loves the Note features, why on earth are you looking forward to a 5.1" screen with no S-pen?
    I think they'll release another phone with the expected Note features, but I doubt it will be under the Note brand. The name has a negative connotation to a lot of the public right now, so rebranding to give it a fresh start would make sense

Also, the S7 Edge has a 5.5" screen, and I expect there will be an S8 Edge too, so it's not a huge difference other than missing the S-Pen and having the curved screen
    From A Buick 8 likes this.
    10-11-2016 07:36 AM
    I just ordered a refurb S7Edge from ebay. I sold my Note 4 for $300 and I am spending $400 on the refurb to hold me over until the Note 8, or whatever Sammy decides to call it, is released. So in reality, it is only costing me $100 for however long I use the refurb and then I can sell it when I am done.

I am still sad. Barely slept last night over the stress. Hopefully we can all get some peace of mind after what we have endured over this phone.
    I've never been so stressed out over a phone myself. It's ridiculous. But I never imagined the phone being scrapped all together.
    skatergirl likes this.
    10-11-2016 07:36 AM
    Could have bought a new OnePlus3 for $400 over a refurb. I personally don't trust refurbs. Good luck and see you on the Note 8 forums.

I just ordered a refurb S7Edge from ebay. I sold my Note 4 for $300 and I am spending $400 on the refurb to hold me over until the Note 8, or whatever Sammy decides to call it, is released. So in reality, it is only costing me $100 for however long I use the refurb and then I can sell it when I am done.

I am still sad. Barely slept last night over the stress. Hopefully we can all get some peace of mind after what we have endured over this phone.
    skatergirl likes this.
    10-11-2016 07:37 AM
    Buy a cheap go phone and use it temporarily???
    Delirious D likes this.
    10-11-2016 07:38 AM

Samsung will likely release two versions of the S8, not just a 5.1" version.
    10-11-2016 07:39 AM
    I did the same but a couple of weeks ago. If you live near a Apple store you might be able to walk in and pick one up...just have to call them everyday and get lucky. I've also been thinking about picking up a used N5 to play with for a few weeks.
    libra89 likes this.
    10-11-2016 07:39 AM
    So do I just bring my note 7 in and tell them I want the iPhone 7+ then pick up a cheap phone in the meantime?
    10-11-2016 07:42 AM
    I guess I'll wait and see what the next Blackberry looks like or the Nokia phones that are due before Christmas. R.I.P. I'd say Samsung go f yourself, but they're already f'ed. Just lost 19 billion $ in worth since they released the cancellation confirmation.
    10-11-2016 07:42 AM

I'm looking forward to the Note 8 next year. Its definitely going to be a beast since they need a come back.
    10-11-2016 07:44 AM
    Posted by Airbrush...
    Originally Posted by billykac
    As of this morning, I am finding myself in the position of considering returning my N7. I love the phone features, design and build, but there are so many issues surfacing, rational ones actually, like future software updates, carrier support, future value and many others, that have me thinking. With all four major carriers offering immediate return/refund and/or exchange policies, it points to the importance of the "perceptions" surrounding this phone.

But, I can't pull the trigger now. The options are so unacceptable for me: an iPhone or an older/less capable Samsung phone just doesn't cut it. There's zero chance I would want to live in the stifling (for me) Apple ecosystem and their phones that are years behind the times (again, IMO). The S7 variants are fine phones, but the N7 is clearly out front on the features design and build fronts. I don't want to go backwards.

So, here I am considering the Pixel, that I recently criticized on this forum for looking like an iPhone clone, and the V20, which quite frankly looks amazing. But both of these phones are weeks off, so I guess I have to sit tight for now.

Are any of you considering these two phones?

I'll assume that you are agreeing with me about keeping this thread focused on my topics.

Apparently, a Forum Admin decided to make this a Sticky - which is fine - but then they changed the title and the purpose of the thread, without talking to me about it. I found that confusing, so I just changed the title back to what it originally was.

Regarding the original topic - I am still totally undecided!
    10-11-2016 07:44 AM
    Exactly, there will not be a NOTE next year. There will be a phone with an spen it will just not be called the NOTE.
    10-11-2016 07:45 AM
    How could it have being the best phone on the market with such dangerous and mechanical issues? U guys are unbelievable
    They're referring to using the phone. Not what ultimately happened to it.
    keepnitreel likes this.
    10-11-2016 07:46 AM
    They change it and lock the others so it was change with a purpose... otherwise other thread need to be unlock or remade...
    10-11-2016 07:52 AM
    Best in performance, appearance and features, but not best in safety can?
    Maybe appearance and "features" but I don't believe for a second that it was the best in performance. As a matter of fact, XDA posted an article saying how embarrassing the performance was. Now I know that's going g to **** people off, but it is what it is.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.xda-d...android-google
    10-11-2016 07:52 AM
    Hahaha

" It is NOT an S7 edge with a pen "
    100% agreed...!! i cant believe how some people come up with " exchange N7 for a S7 edge "
    The S7 Edge is superior
    10-11-2016 07:53 AM
    Well for those of us who actually use the S-Pen a lot killing the N7 screws up a lot of stored information I can only retrieve from the web. Not the fastest way to get my information. Now I cannot just pull out my phone and take notes. There is no alternative phone that is just as good. The Note 5 has no SD card and 32GB of memory is too little for me. The N4 was pretty good but I had to trade in both of mine for the N7's. Now I will have to use a normal phone because chances are the Note line may be dead forever. Blue Bell Ice Cream has a better chance of getting past their newest cookie dough recall than Samsung does and the ice cream has killed people.
    10-11-2016 07:53 AM
    How could it have being the best phone on the market with such dangerous and mechanical issues? U guys are unbelievable
    It was. At the time it was launched before this fiasco, a lot of us seemed to agree that the Note 7 was one of the best phone launched in 2016 and quite possibly one of the very best Samsung had made.

Then, this whole fiasco happened, to the point where a lot of us are withdrawing our recommendations.

There is no alternative phone that is just as good. The Note 5 has no SD card and 32GB of memory is too little for me.
    See if you can find a 64GB Note 5. 64GB is still quite plenty.
    10-11-2016 07:54 AM
    And the disaster isn't close to being over. I would Imagine we have 1 more big screwing before the end.

Wait until they cripple the phone to unusable. I hope they give us a short period and timeline before these phones get the switch cut off. Can you imagine the mess and rush at local carriers. I can see it now on kill day, hundreds of angry N7 owners in a huge line trying to get a functional phone because N7 no longer has a signal. It's gonna suck but since the N7 is officially dead, I believe that's Samsung next move and only choice.
    10-11-2016 07:55 AM
    To make amends, they could at least push out Nougat + the new Touchwiz to all S7 / S7E users worldwide ASAP.
    benjamminh and jackash0912 like this.
    10-11-2016 07:56 AM
1,439 ... 3738394041 ...