10-12-2016 09:27 AM
1,439 ... 3940414243 ...
tools
    Anyone have any intel on when this device will be ready for pre-order or release on Verizon? This will be my Note 7 replacement device. Thanks.
    10-11-2016 08:38 AM
    Samsung, the new Blackberry.
    10-11-2016 08:40 AM
    I would agree with you.

Still, what it does show is that in these days of instant mass media they can't slip up on quality control anymore. Especially not makers of mass media devices ... .
    It hasn't impacted Apple. Maybe because they never admit to anything being wrong their products.
    Carlo Villa likes this.
    10-11-2016 08:41 AM
    Yep, also the competition getting stronger and the chiense brands getting better and better, it's hard to justify spending money on high ends.

V20 won't have good battery life, LG refuse to learn, their LCD panel is power hungry at QHD, 4000mah would be the minimal size of battery that needed, a high end phone is nothing without high end battery life.
    That's the only thing that troubles me about the v20.....it has alot of features but I'm not the type of guy that carries extra batteries and it looks like they skimped on the battery life because you can quickly swap it out with a fresh one
    10-11-2016 08:43 AM
    Likes like I'll be holding on to my n4 for another year
    cinnamin likes this.
    10-11-2016 08:47 AM
    When people say "Samsung has lost me forever", or "I'll never trust Samsung again" to effect how is it not a threat? After being able to triple-dip on the Gear Fit2, 256GB SD card, and Gear VR promotions through this entire ordeal, what more do you want? The value of the promotions pretty much offsets the price of a new Note. I guess some people will never be satisfied unless they want a personal apology or a free upgrade lol. Of course they want a free upgrade plus the chance to get a refund their current Note 7s too.

I understand the need to vent but such drama is unnecessary
    The value of the promotions does not come even close to value of my time this fiasco has sucked up. Especially because they are not promotions I really wanted, or would have bought anyway. Personally, I wish instead of trying bribe people with promotions, they would put that money into better quality control, more timely software updates, and customer service. (but that is just me). I don't hold Samsung in high regard right now, but despite my better judgement, I'll probably go back the the S7 Edge. I'll take a look at the V20 and iphone 7 plus also, but suspect I'll end up getting the S7 Edge.
    Serkle K likes this.
    10-11-2016 08:49 AM
    This really blows. Not sure what I would do if I owned a Note 7. No idea which phone I would go with.
    10-11-2016 08:50 AM
    That's the only thing that troubles me about the v20.....it has alot of features but I'm not the type of guy that carries extra batteries and it looks like they skimped on the battery life because you can quickly swap it out with a fresh one
    Only thing turning me off to it also.

You will def need to get a second battery and keep it with you.
    10-11-2016 08:50 AM
    Anyone have any intel on when this device will be ready for pre-order or release on Verizon? This will be my Note 7 replacement device. Thanks.
    Nope. Sprint releases I think the 28th. I assume either will see Verizon a week early or a week late.
    10-11-2016 08:58 AM
    Seriously?
    Seriously. For one it's not discontinued but we could go on
    10-11-2016 09:01 AM
    I bought the Note 7 when it first came out because of the offer of a free 256Gb SD card. I returned the phone for a replacement and never recieved the $25 gift card or store credit. Now I have to purchase a used Note 4 to replace my Note 7 because I do not want an S7, if I wanted an S7 I would have purchased one when it came out.

Samsung, you have caused me much aggravation so you are not getting your 256GB SD card back! I'll return the 8Gb card with the phone and deny that it wasn't the 256Gb card. If you ask me to mail it to you I will mail an 8Gb card back to you. Or an empty envelope and claim you lost it. At this point I don't think screwing you back is uncalled for. You owe me. I'll take you to small claims court if it comes to that.
    10-11-2016 09:02 AM
    There are not asking for it back
    10-11-2016 09:03 AM
    Backing up my text messages now to transfer back to my Note 5. It wasn't the perfect phone but good enough until something else the next Note comes along.
    E Padilla likes this.
    10-11-2016 09:04 AM
    We have no official instructions. Did anyone receive any emails or texts? This is ridiculous. Last time there was an exchange but even then I went to BB myself and asked getting tired of waiting around. So I'm not doing anything yet. Agreed we are all left hanging. I'm not powering down. This is my primary number and I need it for work right now too.
    I didn't get anything. I had to find out off my Twitter feed about the 2nd recall. I ended up Dm'ing Verizon & they weren't much help. All they said was return it to get a new one.. I'm just like. I wasn't born yesterday. Its gonna end up being like the Droid Maxx. I was stuck on kit Kat & they didn't plan to update anymore. - I have no idea what I'm gonna do. I'll probably go back to my maxx until the note 8 drops. Hoping for that deal. I'm heading to Verizon today. I'll keep everyone posted.
    10-11-2016 09:05 AM
    Just in case, it's preemptive notice. It's not really clear what they are going to ask or do. Some people seem to think that they are getting a free phone.

Oh, and Verizon did mention wanting it back if I opted for a replacement phone last time.
    10-11-2016 09:08 AM
    How do you back up text messages?
    10-11-2016 09:09 AM

What would you do in my situation?
    Take a large tylenol and get a good grip on your ankles.
    clg82 and Carlo Villa like this.
    10-11-2016 09:10 AM
    Just in case, it's preemptive notice. It's not really clear what they are going to ask or do. Some people seem to think that they are getting a free phone.
    I can all most guarantee they will let you keep all of the promotional items.
    It seems a lot are going for the S7 Edge. Will you guys buy the S8 Edge and hold onto the S7 Edge until the Note 8 comes out later in the year?
    IF I go the S7E route (mainly due to camera and expandable storage), I will most likely go the S8 route as well. I am about 99% sure we won't see an "edge" branding on the S8. Just an S8 and S8+. So, with a Note7 inspired screen edge, I will probably get the S8+. Hopefully, it will have at least a 5.7" screen. I am hoping for a 6" screen for the next Note.
    Best buy still selling the note7 even tho Samsung asked them not to?
    keep saying notew 7, meant note 5 or s7 edge
    10-11-2016 09:11 AM
    It's amazing how many people have already switched to an iPhone and yet they're still here on this forum.
    Agreed! It's like going to your ex's parents house for dinner with your new girlfriend.
    treedabl likes this.
    10-11-2016 09:12 AM
    Unless you work for Samsung or Verizon I don't see your almost guarantee meaning anything. Because Verizon did ask for it back last time if I opted for a replacement.
    10-11-2016 09:12 AM
    If you hurry you can still buy a brand new Galaxy Note 4 from B&H Photo. If you buy a used Galaxy Note 4 you may encounter a high-quality knock off from China ,take a look at some of the videos out there on it.
    10-11-2016 09:13 AM
    Backing up my text messages now to transfer back to my Note 5. It wasn't the perfect phone but good enough until something else the next Note comes along.
    I'll be switching back to my Note 5 as well. Did you need to wipe your Note 5 first before using Smart Switch to pull the data from the Note 7?

Just want to know whats the best approach in getting this done. I don't want to lose my text messages and application data.
    10-11-2016 09:13 AM
    I'm not even giving back all the items that came in the box; headphones and charger are mine now.
    10-11-2016 09:15 AM
1,439 ... 3940414243 ...