10-12-2016 09:27 AM
1,439 ... 4243444546 ...
tools
    The only other branding I could see them doing is just calling it the N8. They are not starting all over. That's like Chipotle renaming it's restaurants after the e coli issues.
    Chipotle sales still haven't recovered, so I don't know if that's the example they want to follow.

Samsung will have to decide if the cachet the Note name has with users is greater than the lingering negative image people have from all these news stories about the Note exploding. My guess is that they'll rebrand it. Most people who like the Note will still buy it with another name, as long as the features of the Note line continue, and they can avoid some of the stink of this debacle by not calling it the Note 8
    10-11-2016 10:21 AM
    Which reminds me, Verizon tried to tell me last time that I needed to return the charger. Never did because I didn't have it with me. They are not getting anything back this time.
    That's funny because T-mobile actually told me to keep it. They gave gave me back the charger on the replacement and said you can never have enough of these.
    10-11-2016 10:25 AM
    First world problems.....
    10-11-2016 10:31 AM
    Operating system, hardware, design, always-on display, wireless charging, headphone jack, I could go on...
    Don't forget no simple drag and drop for music and files. Customization is not near as intense. Also android has some apps you could never get on apple because of the strict policy. I was considering an iPhone but after watching reviews I just can't do it. Not bashing... Just personal opinion.
    jamesrick80 likes this.
    10-11-2016 10:35 AM
    Samsung has indicated no confidence in the safety of the replacements and they have halted production. That means game over, sadly.
    I hate that you're right.
    10-11-2016 10:35 AM
    I also sold my S7 Edge (for a lot less than I paid for it) when I got the Note 7. So if I buy a new S7 Edge with the refund, I am out a lot of money, and back to the same phone I had.
    Same with selling for a lot less than I paid for it.
    10-11-2016 10:40 AM
    I really never thought I would actually say this but I might try iphone7 plus out til Samsung comes out with note8.
    I was going to look at that, but it seems it's not available until November.
    10-11-2016 10:40 AM
    I guess the Google Pixel is next for me...

What a ride. First was the BlackBerry Passport not being as popular as I felt it should have been. Now it's the Note 7 burning up.

I just want an excellent phone lool.
    10-11-2016 10:42 AM
    My local Sam's club is letting me return the phone for a full refund even though I'm past the 14 day return. I'm going to suck it up and go back to my Droid Turbo until Black Friday or next spring for the S8.
    Overall I'm bummed to be giving up such an amazing phone, but with over $200 in promotion gift cards plus a free Smart watch and all my money back for the phone - I'm not complaining too much.
    10-11-2016 10:45 AM
    Agreed! It's like going to your ex's parents house for dinner with your new girlfriend.

HA!
    10-11-2016 10:48 AM
    Samsung will make it impossible to keep the N7. I was planning to keep mine despite the recall but found out this morning that Oculus bricked the ability to use the N7 with the Gear VR. That's game over in my mind. I will hang onto my N7 lovingly until the LG V20 comes out. I plan to pick it up in Pink and hopefully will love it as much as I love my N7 (doubtful). I am so saddened by all this. I love Samsung and they were such a strong competitor to Apple. My N7 was the best phone I owned
    10-11-2016 10:51 AM
    I just can't get onboard with the iPhone. Good product no doubt but the SAR values are at the upper end of the legal limit and as much time as both my wife and myself spend on our phones (I try to use speaker or headphones) it's simply not a phone I'm willing to consider.
    I won't touch the iPhone because of the headphone jack elimination. I need to be able to charge and listen to music at the same time.
    10-11-2016 10:53 AM
    I would think that all phone manufacturers would be offering decent promotions in light of all this to grab the sales of millions of phones that are being made this month with the return of the Note 7. But so far, nothing that I can find. Plus I'm with T-Mobile and they have nothing. The Samsung promotion for the free VR or sd card ended 2 days ago. So I'm going to hold it till the end. I ordered the free VR with my Note 7 but it still hasn't listed a shipping date and I doubt I'll get it now
    10-11-2016 11:02 AM
    I held onto my Note 4 until last week, I should have kept it but I already shipped it back for my AT&T Next return. If I decide to get a new phone on my own or through the words of Samsung and AT&T, I'll probably go for the Oneplus 3. It's the only phone that I can see myself going for, despite lacking a few small things that others offer. The IPhone 7+ doesn't look bad at all now that they moved the antenna bands and have the flat black color. But I just can't see myself going back to iOS. I've debated going to the Apple store and trying out iOS 10 on a phone to see if I could manage dealing with a stock, boring OS but I just can't bring myself to it
    10-11-2016 11:04 AM
    I want to like the Pixel but I've been spoiled by my Note 7. Ironically I used to be very Anti-Samsung.. I had HTC, LG, Moto, but once they started to clean up TouchWiz I gave them another chance and I'm so glad I did. Had a S5, S6, S7, Note 5 and Note 7. Two things keeping me away from the Pixel are no wireless charging and no expandable memory, which at least from the wireless charging standpoint is also the same w/ the LG. I have a feeling I'll go back to an S7 Edge, I know its not the same as the Note and I'll miss some of the extra features but it'll give me the closest experience to the N7 as any available options.

(iPhone isn't an option.. I already have one that I carry and for work purposes need an iOS and Android device)
    Bbarbie and French like this.
    10-11-2016 11:08 AM
    How well did the Note 7 sell? Was it enough to significantly impact the market - and if so aren't those purchasers just going to buy something else with the same carrier? That's the path of least resistance.

This sort of thing doesn't make carriers money - it's massive overhead for personnel and frustration in accounting.

The "promotion" is making the switch as painless as possible.
    10-11-2016 11:08 AM
    Likely a carbon gray HTC 10

Attachment 241977
    I really wish T-Mo still sold it. Been saving for a new laptop so I can definitely afford the 10, but really wanted to stay on JoD. Plus that'll put a big dent in my laptop fund.
    10-11-2016 11:10 AM
    I use the note BECAUSE of the s pen. Not fair that they're killing it.
    I actually contacted Samsung and I'm asking for a MAJOR discount to get a Samsung tablet with the pen so I can still have a device with the feature and I'll get the S7 edge.
    They put it in my file for when they contact customers regarding discounts.
    The tab A with s pen is only 299 and considering they've already given note customers 128gb sd and the gear fit, they should keep with the generosity and just give us that tablet if we remain loyal to Samsung.
    10-11-2016 11:10 AM
    I really wish T-Mo still sold it. Been saving for a new laptop so I can definitely afford the 10, but really wanted to stay on JoD. Plus that'll put a big dent in my laptop fund.
    Can't get one unlocked? HTC still sells one. But I don't think JoD works for it.

I played with one earlier and I really liked it.
    10-11-2016 11:13 AM
    I think Samsung supposedly sold 2.5 million Note 7 world wide originally. Then came the first recall. They shipped 500,000 new Note 7's to America for exchange and sales. Everyone one of those phones, imo, represent new sales since Samsung now wants all the phones back. I can see Carriers not rushing to offer anything or even hard pressed to get sales, someone with T-Mobile, like myself, will stay with them no matter what phone I choose to replace the Note 7 with. But other phone manufacturers I'd think would jump at the chance to grab the business of millions of customers forced to buy either new or used phones. If Apple wasn't selling more iPhone 7's than they could make, wouldn't they maybe offer a free iTunes card or something with each new iPhone? Or a Google play credit with a new Pixel? (Which would still be useless to me as only Verizon will carry the Pixel line).
    Halloweenoreo likes this.
    10-11-2016 11:16 AM
    As of this morning, I am finding myself in the position of considering returning my N7. I love the phone features, design and build, but there are so many issues surfacing, rational ones actually, like future software updates, carrier support, future value and many others, that have me thinking. With all four major carriers offering immediate return/refund and/or exchange policies, it points to the importance of the "perceptions" surrounding this phone.

But, I can't pull the trigger now. The options are so unacceptable for me: an iPhone or an older/less capable Samsung phone just doesn't cut it. There's zero chance I would want to live in the stifling (for me) Apple ecosystem and their phones that are years behind the times (again, IMO). The S7 variants are fine phones, but the N7 is clearly out front on the features design and build fronts. I don't want to go backwards.

So, here I am considering the Pixel, that I recently criticized on this forum for looking like an iPhone clone, and the V20, which quite frankly looks amazing. But both of these phones are weeks off, so I guess I have to sit tight for now.

Are any of you considering these two phones?
    I'm in the same situation with the exact same thoughts. It's made worse by the fact that my Note runs great. It's the first time I've had a phone I'm satisfied with, and not looking toward the next version. I guess it'll be the V20.
    Jona005 likes this.
    10-11-2016 11:22 AM
    I don't know how many of you remember my "sad" story posted here, but within a day of my 2 year contract ending, my Note 4 got some condensation inside the case from going from a hot sunny location to a cold air conditioning room. Despite immediately removing the battery and storing in rice for 2 days, the display was permanently messed up and half of it was purple and white noise.

So I ordered a Note 7. But when the first recall was announced, I took it back to the AT&T store and ordered an iPhone 7 +. To feed my Android addiction, I replaced my old iPad with a Note Tab E (which at the time AT&T was offering for free, unrelated to the Note recall).

Well, the iPhone 7+ is still handicapped by Apple's "helicoptering parent" OS. But I'm am surprised how good the Plus is. One can't customize the user interface like in Android, but I don't miss the Note phones at all. I don't think anyone else will either.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    10-11-2016 11:23 AM
    Can't get one unlocked? HTC still sells one. But I don't think JoD works for it.

I played with one earlier and I really liked it.
    Yeah, I'd go unlocked directly from HTC if I got one, but $700 is a tough pill to swallow all at once. Still debating between the 10 and a iPhone 7 Plus because I could get the Plus with JoD. My battery is fried on my laptop. It only works when plugged in so I really need to replace it soon. Monthly payments on my phone are the best option for me atm.
    10-11-2016 11:25 AM
    Seriously. For one it's not discontinued but we could go on
    Please do go on. It shouldn't take long.

The S7 Edge annoyed me when I had it for the ten days waiting for my replacement Note 7. The Always on Display has fewer customization options, which made it annoying, the edge screen panels were different in all the ways that I had liked them on the Note 7, it has no S pen capability which is HUGE for me, the screen is smaller, the shape of the edges is annoying, it doesn't have the beautiful blue coral color. The S7 edge is not superior in any way except that it doesn't try to kill you with fire.

Granted, that's a big one.
    Bbarbie and TwitchyPuppy like this.
    10-11-2016 11:26 AM
    Why would anyone can you a troll?
    Thanks for the site. Very helpful.
    10-11-2016 11:27 AM
1,439 ... 4243444546 ...