10-12-2016 09:27 AM
1,439 ... 4546474849 ...
tools
    Forgive me, I didn't read through 19 pages...

So what do people now think, or what is the general consensus - the Galaxy Note 8 will be pushed forward for an earlier release?
    Maybe the "pushed forward Galaxy S8" will now become the Note 8?
    Will the "Note" name be buried into a grave and something else used instead?

Kinda' sucks a bit for me, but I'm nowhere near as badly affected as others - I didn't even manage to get a Note 7. I've been using a 2gb RAM LG G3 for the past 26 months and in late-August, I was intending to order the Note 7. Actually, it had gotten into September with me calling the company every-other-day to see when they were getting their stock and then, lo and behold, the phone was 'taken off the shelves' on the 2nd or 3rd, here in the UK.
    The re-release was initially expected for the end of September/ early October, but then got pushed back to the 28th of Oct.
    Now, it seems I won't even be able to get it then.

Now if my LG G3 wasn't as painfully slow as it has been since the second week of owning it, I wouldn't complain too much, but right now people like me aren't in an ideal situation... do we get an (aging) S7 Edge when the S8 is probably five months away and 'keep on waiting' or hope that Samsung will rectify the situation by releasing some other Note model in the meantime?

And as a reminder, whilst it may still be a good phone, the Note 4 was the last version available to the UK market, making 'things suck' even more, as it's not the Note 5 other people could get their hands on.
    I could really do with a stylus with a phone as I make quite a lot of notes and really there isn't a phone other than the Note series which fits that bill.
    It wouldn't surprise me if a new "Note" branded phone is never released.
    wirelessgal likes this.
    10-11-2016 01:35 PM
    Forgive me, I didn't read through 19 pages...

So what do people now think, or what is the general consensus - the Galaxy Note 8 will be pushed forward for an earlier release?
    Maybe the "pushed forward Galaxy S8" will now become the Note 8?
    Will the "Note" name be buried into a grave and something else used instead?

Kinda' sucks a bit for me, but I'm nowhere near as badly affected as others - I didn't even manage to get a Note 7. I've been using a 2gb RAM LG G3 for the past 26 months and in late-August, I was intending to order the Note 7. Actually, it had gotten into September with me calling the company every-other-day to see when they were getting their stock and then, lo and behold, the phone was 'taken off the shelves' on the 2nd or 3rd, here in the UK.
    The re-release was initially expected for the end of September/ early October, but then got pushed back to the 28th of Oct.
    Now, it seems I won't even be able to get it then.

Now if my LG G3 wasn't as painfully slow as it has been since the second week of owning it, I wouldn't complain too much, but right now people like me aren't in an ideal situation... do we get an (aging) S7 Edge when the S8 is probably five months away and 'keep on waiting' or hope that Samsung will rectify the situation by releasing some other Note model in the meantime?

And as a reminder, whilst it may still be a good phone, the Note 4 was the last version available to the UK market, making 'things suck' even more, as it's not the Note 5 other people could get their hands on.
    I could really do with a stylus with a phone as I make quite a lot of notes and really there isn't a phone other than the Note series which fits that bill.
    I think we will not see another Note for a few years, in its place they will come out with a S8 that has a S Pen
    jackash0912 likes this.
    10-11-2016 01:38 PM
    It wouldn't surprise me if we new "Note" branded phone is never released.
    Fully agree. I think the name is done and that whatever large device replaces this lineup will have some noticeable differences from the Notes we know.
    10-11-2016 01:38 PM
    I read somewhere that the note brand is tarnished so they may no longer do a note named phone. I mean if it's still got a stylus but a new catchy name then that would be a good thing too. I got s7 edge pink gold yesterday I'm done with this fiasco. This phone is not the same as note 7 in build either so I think it's ok.
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    10-11-2016 01:44 PM
    Samsung owes us something here. If we are forced to switch phones, does it reset our contracts so that we'd have to wait at least 12 months in order to upgrade to the next S8 or Note 8?
    Samsung should allow all Note 7 owners to have hassle free/early upgrades to the next Samsung phone whenever we want after this fiasco. I don't want to have to settle for some inferior phone (and yes iPhone 7 (no fast charge, no SD, gigantic bezels, bad battery life), V20 (no wireless charging, bigger phone, smaller battery), S7 Edge (only 32gb internal, smaller phone) and Google Pixel (no SD, gigantic bezels) are all inferior IMO and I don't want to get stuck for 12 months until I can upgrade again (as per the new phone lease program, and I won't even consider paying the outlandish retail price so I can avoid the lease crap right now).
    Note 7 was the perfect phone and this whole thing sucks if we're forced to return it - nothing really compares right now.
    treedabl, devauls and French like this.
    10-11-2016 01:58 PM
    They can call the next "Note" pretty much whatever. As long as it has a 5.7" or larger screen and a S-Pen, it's fine with me. Regardless of what they call it, it would still be a Note with a new name.

I think every new phone Samsung releases in the near future is going to be scrutinized. Not just the new Note or note replacement.
    jackash0912 likes this.
    10-11-2016 01:59 PM
    Yesterday I got a Moto Z Force, today I added a Intuos Creative Style 2 pen. It uses bluetooth - it works decently with it. I will have to charge it though. I am going to play with my daughter's S7 Edge and the pen and see how it does. I may exchange the Moto for the S7 Edge if I like how they play together! Then it will be somewhat like a Note 7....
    10-11-2016 02:00 PM
    Me too. That's why I'm in talks with them to give me a tab with the pen if I stay loyal to Samsung. Cheaper than the tv
    Damn i had a tab a with spen but gave it to my brother after upgrading to note7. You just reminded me of that. Now im really pissed lol. Damn samsung
    French likes this.
    10-11-2016 02:02 PM
    Our Note 7 owners club was shot down!!
    10-11-2016 02:02 PM
    As someone who works with PR, first rule is you stay quiet until you have the facts. Tech blogs do not qualify as facts.
    I know that that's standard practice in many PR shops. And it's a truly dumb idea. And, in fact, many companies do NOT just hunker down and not say anything. Sure, they are VERY careful in what they do say, but they DO speak out. Because the court of public opinion matters too - sometime more than the court of law.
    10-11-2016 02:06 PM
    Keepin mine till they turn it off. If it does come to that then i'd go back to my note 4, indefinately.
    10-11-2016 02:14 PM
    I'm going back to my GS7e. I want to continue to use Samsung Pay and the GS7e is the closest I can get.
    French likes this.
    10-11-2016 02:18 PM
    Well, I per-ordered a 128 GB Pixel XL from Verizon (I know, I'll suffer, etc...) with a delivery date of 10/20, so I'll still have at least a week before I stop using my Note7. Back when I bought my Note 4 two years ago (on "Black Friday"), I was waiting for the Nexus 6 to come out, but I couldn't wait any longer, as my last phone (Note 2) was damaged & I had to replace it. Don't regret it, but this time, even though I'm still waiting for a Google phone, the wait won't be as long as the last time.
    DroidBoi22 likes this.
    10-11-2016 02:20 PM
    Will be getting the Note 5....really like the s pen features.
    French likes this.
    10-11-2016 02:29 PM
    I'm back to S7 Edge so I could still use my fast wireless chargers around the house and at work. Plus I still have my old S7Edge spigen cases lying around. What sucks for me was I did the T-Mobile jump and even paid early to upgrade to the Note 7. I paid extra for it because I really wanted the new Note 7, this was one of the few items that I had to get it without thinking much of the price (impulse buy). Now, I'm really sad and disappointed as I'm back to where I was 6 months ago

I would have considered Pixel XL but the premium price I think does not justify for how much the phone offers. Other than pure Android experience I think it's overpriced. If it was maybe around $500 I wouldn't have a hard time convincing myself giving it a try. At $750 plus (about same price as Note 7) all you get is an iPhone look alike with Android OS running it. Even with all the hype that camera is better still is not enough.
    10-11-2016 02:40 PM
    I've turned off my Note 7 and will retire it by exchanging for a Pixel 128GB. I am currently using a Moto G4 on Verizon until my Pixel arrives...I can only get 3G but it is OK as I don't want to use an iPhone.
    10-11-2016 02:48 PM
    That would be nice. Make sure you keep your IMEI number just in case or a copy of the purchase receipt to prove ownership. I think this is something that won't happen but I sure hope so.
    I know if I log into my verizon account, there are digital copies of all of my receipts.
    10-11-2016 03:19 PM
    Great I guess I will go back to the edge! Oh well it is what it is
    10-11-2016 03:23 PM
    Verizon is pushing the iPhone 7. When they tried to insist that I switch to one my husband said, "She would NEVER do that!" And that is why my husband is a keeper. 😂
    Haha... My wife told the Verizon rep the SAME EXACT THING ! SHE'S AWESOME
    Joeykool and treedabl like this.
    10-11-2016 03:23 PM
    Samsung owes us something here. If we are forced to switch phones, does it reset our contracts so that we'd have to wait at least 12 months in order to upgrade to the next S8 or Note 8?
    Samsung should allow all Note 7 owners to have hassle free/early upgrades to the next Samsung phone whenever we want after this fiasco. I don't want to have to settle for some inferior phone (and yes iPhone 7 (no fast charge, no SD, gigantic bezels, bad battery life), V20 (no wireless charging, bigger phone, smaller battery), S7 Edge (only 32gb internal, smaller phone) and Google Pixel (no SD, gigantic bezels) are all inferior IMO and I don't want to get stuck for 12 months until I can upgrade again (as per the new phone lease program, and I won't even consider paying the outlandish retail price so I can avoid the lease crap right now).
    Note 7 was the perfect phone and this whole thing sucks if we're forced to return it - nothing really compares right now.
    That's really up to the carriers regarding the contract dates, Samsung doesn't have a say in that. Unfortunately the carriers are being inconvenience by this a well, no one "wins" with this fiasco... unless you cashed in on a few of the promotions but that's more like a consolation prize at this point. I decided to go with the S7 Edge as I have a few samsung products and they all work together nicely (this Note 7 is the first issue I've ever had with Samsung) but I do feel it's a compromise.
    jmk32 and French like this.
    10-11-2016 03:34 PM
    I may have been crazy but I ordered the note 5 from Verizon this morning. Gold with all accessories . A gift box. . I'm keeping my N7 as I bought it outright and no one can stop me from using it. I love it. Its very sad. I know it's probably not what most would do but I want the size, and most of all the spen. in case the 7 is deactivated I don't want to be without a note. I hope I'll be content enough until the 8. I'll keep using my N7 but need something I can travel with. Switching to a different phone I don't have the energy to do after the past 2 months of this mess. At least with the 5 I'll have mySpen and know the phone.
    I want to order the note 5 from Verizon also but the price is still 299 for the 2 year contract and the 64gb version is actually 399.98 ! Same price as when it first came out.

Note 7 was newer phone with 64gb built in and it was only $299 with 2 year contract from Verizon !!

Do you mind me asking how much you paid for the Note 5?? Or did you do device payment?
    I may just buy one outright from swappa... You can get a MINT note 5 - 64gb for $400... That way i can save my upgrade discount and get the new note whatever when it comes out...

Verizon Summary:
    Note 5 - 64gb is actually MORE EXPENSIVE than my Beautiful new Note 7...

What do I do?? Pull out my perfectly working note 3 from there sock drawer??
    10-11-2016 03:37 PM
    IPhone 7 Plus
    10-11-2016 03:51 PM
    I'm all confused people.
    Called at&t Custer service whucgbus 611 this morning .They saud off I gave the replacement note 7. There us is no recall on it.
    They even put me on hold & called Samsung.
    Samsung said they wanted the 1st note replaced.
    Not the 2nd
    I can keep using my replacement note 7.
    So if there is no recall.
    How are you gonna get another phone ?
    10-11-2016 03:53 PM
    I got the Note 5 from BB. They offered a $250 gift card, immediately, to go with it. While I like the Note 5 and it will be useful around the office and such I do notice the battery life leaves me wanting a little.
    10-11-2016 03:53 PM
    I got the Note 5 today with turning in my Note7. It's a very decent phone. Glad Verizon had it. Two other customers were there trading too. Customers are listening, taking this serious.
    That's what I traded up from and sent it back in to AT&T. Wish I would have kept it a little longer now.
    10-11-2016 04:07 PM
1,439 ... 4546474849 ...