10-12-2016 09:27 AM
1,439 ... 4647484950 ...
tools
    I got the Note 5 from BB. They offered a $250 gift card, immediately, to go with it. While I like the Note 5 and it will be useful around the office and such I do notice the battery life leaves me wanting a little.
    How hard is it to switch over to buying through Best Buy in order to take advantage of promotions/better prices? I'm on Verizon (have always just gone through their store) ; can I just return the N7 and then walk into Best Buy? Can they process a return? Does any of this change if I'm on the device payment plan?
    10-11-2016 04:13 PM
    I wish my carrier still had the Note 5 available but Sprint sadly does not.
    10-11-2016 04:17 PM
    I just received a text from Verizon: "Free VZW Message: Samsung has announced that the Galaxy Note7 will no longer be sold for safety reasons. We strongly recommend that you power down and exchange your Note7 for another device of your choice. You can exchange your Samsung Galaxy Note7 at go.vzw.com/note7faq. Exchanging your Note7 online instead of visiting a Verizon store will be your most efficient way to get a new device."
    10-11-2016 04:21 PM
    I heard about the 2nd recall, seems like that's the end for Note7. Crap! I really thought the phone was going to be the best of 2016.
    10-11-2016 04:22 PM
    How hard is it to switch over to buying through Best Buy in order to take advantage of promotions/better prices? I'm on Verizon (have always just gone through their store) ; can I just return the N7 and then walk into Best Buy? Can they process a return? Does any of this change if I'm on the device payment plan?
    I also would like know this info. I'm on Sprint doing the payment plan. Can I just return the phone to Sprint and get a refund for the past two months? And just go to Best Buy and add the number to the new phone from Best Buy? I want to get the S7 Edge Pink
    10-11-2016 04:23 PM
    The non expandable memory scares me. I'm not sure if 64 will be enough with all my music etc, plus I'm sure it had a lot less features then the n7? What can you tell me about it?
    10-11-2016 04:37 PM
    How about this...Samsung release a software update to the Note 5 and Note 4 which is similar to the software on the Note 7. I'll happily to go back to my Note 4 until the Note 8 comes out.
    10-11-2016 05:01 PM
    For now I'm back using my S6 Edge+ which I'm okay with ...... for now

I pre-ordered a Silver V20 today after I was finally able to play with a real one on display at my ATT store !!

Can't wait ....... life moves on !!!
    Joeykool and kabeeo like this.
    10-11-2016 05:04 PM
    I might use this to leave Verizon for a cheaper service. My Note 4 was just fine, but I sold it after I got the replacement note 7. So now I'm stuck. But all 3 lines are eligible for Upgrade.
    10-11-2016 05:34 PM
    iPhone 7 Plus and I am glad I made the switch. It's a great device.
    10-11-2016 05:39 PM
    Is the note 5 a worthy replacement? Quickly looking it looks pretty close...

My only fear is only 64 gigs of internal with no additional external mem.

Thoughts?
    wirelessgal likes this.
    10-11-2016 06:00 PM
    Good points . My guess is they might, but just need time to see if they plan on doing that soon. They did it before, so will again.

I will never buy another Samsung if a sealed battery. The bridge is burned in that regard and confident I am not alone there. This is coming from a Note 7 fanboy.

Folks do know there have been 7E fires too? Just not as common in the news. My guess is the battery issue has yet to mature in its totality.
    There's been S4 and S5 fires too. My friend works at a store that dealt with several of them. And it wasn't third party chargers, they brought them in with the phone (and in a couple of cases they were melted to the phone).

This is the Rogers guy, if I recall correctly.

http://bgr.com/2013/12/09/galaxy-s4-...ideo-takedown/

It's enough that I won't buy another Samsung. I've seen one too many for my tastes.
    10-11-2016 06:07 PM
    Those things combined, do not offset the price we paid for this device. Maybe double those all together and you'll be a little closer, but not every one was able to take advantage of all of the offers all together.
    Yes it does. Here's a breakdown from a previous thread. If you didn't work the system when you had the chance during this whole ordeal, then it's on you.

Any triple dippers out there? Just wondering if there are any promos that we loyal Note 7 owners have missed.

This is all I am aware of:

Old Note7
    --- $250/$175 - SD Card/GearFit 2 Promo
    --- $ 20 - Samsung Pay Promo
    --- $ 5 - Dunkin Donuts Promo
    --- $ 5 - Samsung Pay New User Promo
    --- $ 5 - Samsung Pay Referral Promo

S7 or S7 Edge Loaner
    --- $250/$100 - SD Card/Gear VR Promo
    --- $ 10 - Samsung Pay Promo

New Note 7g (ie Note 7 green icon)
    --- $25 Accessories Credit from Samsung
    --- $250/$100 - SD Card/Gear VR Promo
    --- $ 10 - Samsung Pay Promo

Plus you can register all three devices at Samsung Plus to count towards Silver or Gold status.

That is up to $860 worth of goodies from a single $850 purchase. ie up to 101% return on investment

Are we missing anything? Did you triple dip?
    10-11-2016 06:10 PM
    There's been S4 and S5 fires too. My friend works at a store that dealt with several of them. And it wasn't third party chargers, they brought them in with the phone (and in a couple of cases they were melted to the phone).

This is the Rogers guy, if I recall correctly.

Galaxy S4 Fire: Samsung tells customer to shut up about Galaxy S4 fire | BGR

It's enough that I won't buy another Samsung. I've seen one too many for my tastes.
    And like Iphones has not had any fires.
    The technology with Lithium batteries has bit a lot of companies in the butt.

But lithium batteries are good, and very lightweight. And carry a lot of power and longer life.
    If they could just get a handle on them.
    10-11-2016 06:10 PM
    I had one and it was a good phone, problem is the Note 7 was better so going from the 7 down to the 5 I think you'll notice it. You can always try it out and just keep track of your return period to see if it works for you. I went with the S7 Edge because of the expandable memory and later tech since it was just released in March. I'll be keeping my eye on the S8 variations when they come out. I've been setting up the S7 Edge for the last 2 hours and it does feel like a downgrade but I think most phones will compared to the Note 7 (I'm speaking specifically to android phones). I didn't feel like waiting for the Pixel or V20, just wanted to be done with the mess.
    lizette1222 likes this.
    10-11-2016 06:11 PM
    Thank you, I really want it all to be done with too. I was just not a fan of the curved glass or glass back. I really want the v20. I'm going to stick it out till the v20 comes out I think. The note 5 is tempting though
    10-11-2016 06:18 PM
    I'm going back to a 64gb Note 5. Had the Note 5 between the Note 7s and only drawback was less battery life.
    10-11-2016 06:33 PM
    Note 5 for me just got one off eBay for $388 64 gigabyte not too bad... Will pass it down to my husband when the LG v20 comes out. Then when the Note 8 comes out, my husband can have the LG v20 because I really am going to miss the note line...
    10-11-2016 06:37 PM
    I'm going back to my Note5.

Note5 Pro's:
    -It's still a Note with the S-Pen
    -Same res screen (albeit previous gen)
    -Amazing camera
    -Exynos seemed a little smoother than my Note7 w/Snapdragon
    -Samsung Pay like the Note7
    -Glass screen protectors work far better on the flat screen!
    -Charges with a far more universal mini-usb

Note5 Con's:
    -Battery life isn't nearly as good
    -Camera isn't as good in low-light
    -Not as narrow as the Note7 despite same size screen...
    -Not waterproof!
    -No Edge-screen shortcuts

All in all...I'm really gonna miss the Note7. It was by far the best phone i've owned.
    Come on Sammy...don't give up on the Note line! Make the 8 even more gr8!
    lv2bsilly and Fobbers like this.
    10-11-2016 06:44 PM
    I'm gonna look for & buy a used S7 or Edge, if I can't get my S4 working, (unfortunately my Note 4 died). Something to hold me until the Note 8 comes out, then we'll do this again.
    10-11-2016 06:48 PM
    I chose the iphone7 plus black matte 256gb. Verizon shipping overnight supposed to be here tomorrow
    10-11-2016 06:56 PM
    I chose the iphone7 plus black matte 256gb. Verizon shipping overnight supposed to be here tomorrow
    Same for me. Not really thrilled. I love this N7 but I've had it. I didn't have a single issue with my 6s+ and DID with my Note 5. But I was thrilled with this phone. Finally a Note with a great battery and amazing aesthetics.

Nightmare.

New iPhone arriving Thursday AM.
    Jewels81 likes this.
    10-11-2016 07:13 PM
    I'm back using my s5. I'm gonna wait and see what they offer on the note 8.
    10-11-2016 07:27 PM
    Had the Note 5, 4 and 1 before. The 5 was a great phone wished I would have kept it now if I knew this would have happened. But its gone now and I'm moving on to the LG V20 reluctantly in a couple of weeks when it releases. Wouldn't be happy with a Google Pixel or Iphone 7 for sure.
    10-11-2016 07:33 PM
    If the note 5 had expandable storage... I'd get that instead of v20
    10-11-2016 07:37 PM
1,439 ... 4647484950 ...