10-12-2016 09:27 AM
1,439 ... 4748495051 ...
tools
    I just ordered a case for an S7edge, it's an OK phone and has the sd card and great camera, it'll do.
    10-11-2016 07:47 PM
    Same for me. Not really thrilled. I love this N7 but I've had it. I didn't have a single issue with my 6s+ and DID with my Note 5. But I was thrilled with this phone. Finally a Note with a great battery and amazing aesthetics.

Nightmare.

New iPhone arriving Thursday AM.
    I definitely feel you on that. I have a note5 and it's been great but when I started using the note7 it made the note5 battery not look so good lol and I just haven't had the interest in playing with note5. I saw the iphone7 plus in store display today and they pretty nice and trust me that a compliment coming from me for sure lol. I've never been a fan of Apple but I said why not give it a shot at least once.
    10-11-2016 07:56 PM
    It's a sellers market. I doubt you'll see many, if any, carrier promotions. I would think Samsung would step up big time, though. They have no new release out there at the moment and all of their current Note7 customers are free agents now. A lot came from the S7 and Note 5 and want something better. With a little promotion, more people would be willing to go back until the next big thing comes out.
    10-11-2016 07:56 PM
    I would think that all phone manufacturers would be offering decent promotions in light of all this to grab the sales of millions of phones that are being made this month with the return of the Note 7. But so far, nothing that I can find. Plus I'm with T-Mobile and they have nothing. The Samsung promotion for the free VR or sd card ended 2 days ago. So I'm going to hold it till the end. I ordered the free VR with my Note 7 but it still hasn't listed a shipping date and I doubt I'll get it now
    When you get it you won't be able to use your vr with your note
    10-11-2016 07:57 PM
    Do I get a Google pixel xl...Or s7 edge?
    Pixel xl all the way, I see no reason in the world to get a s7e over a pixel. Unless, you for some reason have to have the Samsung features.
    10-11-2016 08:08 PM
    All I know is that Samsung isn't getting these headphones back. Or the micro USB to USB-C adaptor. I'd keep the spen but it's useless with a s7 edge. I think it's useless with it. If not, I'm keeping that too. And I'm keeping the USB charging cable.

I'm like Steve Martin in the Jerk here.
    Hell yeah. I only returned the phone and the box this time.
    10-11-2016 08:18 PM
    Samsung will lose about 17 billion dollars over this fiasco. They aren't going to be offering anything for a while. I'm moving on sadly to a new LG until Sammy redeems themselves next year.
    jordans0nly likes this.
    10-11-2016 08:23 PM
    Hell yeah. I only returned the phone and the box this time.
    Box?! What box? I threw away my box and all its contents on day one... and OOPS it seems I've misplaced my s-pen too... oh well.... I wasn't planning on returning it, so it's 100% on them. And my apologies for the scratches on the phone.

PS. Before you get all judgmental, I'm just joking. I'd be returning my Note 7 in all its glory in immaculate condition with a heavy heart (still keeping the box and all the contents. I'll give it a proper burial in my backyard...
    jamesrick80 and pduffer like this.
    10-11-2016 08:25 PM
    Box?! What box? I threw away my box and all its contents on day one... and OOPS it seems I've misplaced my s-pen too... oh well.... I wasn't planning on returning it, so it's 100% on them. And my apologies for the scratches on the phone.

PS. Before you get all judgmental, I'm just joking. I'd be returning my Note 7 in all its glory in immaculate condition with a heavy heart (still keeping the box and all the contents. I'll give it a proper burial in my backyard...
    Keep your fast USB c charger..its needed for other devices and very useful
    keepnitreel likes this.
    10-11-2016 08:39 PM
    I have the Note 5 & had the Note 7. I returned the Note 7 before all this happened. Day to day use there wasn't big difference in speed. Also the Note 5 felt more comfortable to hold, probably because of the flat screen. I couldn't justify spending that much money for minor upgrades, IMO.
    I have the S7 Edge as my daily driver. Maybe if I didn't S7 Edge I would've kept the Note 7.
    Anyways, I still love my Note 5 and highly recommend it if you need a phone with a S.Pen.
    Joeykool likes this.
    10-11-2016 08:46 PM
    While I was at BB today, the Samsung guy got the text from Samsung notifying him of the actual Samsung notification to all N7 owners to power down and return their phones for a refund or get the S7/S7E. I was right in the middle of the Samsung Smart Switch thing at the store as I decided to do the return/exchange. Just like last time, I found out the information ON MY OWN and not with the help of Samsung emailing me to do so. Because of reading online which then led me to the hyperlink to Samsung's site only THEN did I last night see the instructions to power down and take the phone back for the exchange or refund-the one with the language using "remedy" or something like that. I decided to go with the S7E and at this point I'm settling in with it already. It's acceptance. Can't change that the Note 7 is gone. I hope they bring back some iteration in the future. I miss the S-Pen already but just will have to live without it. I really liked the Note 7 and yes, while very disappointed, I'm happy with the S7E in the meantime and rolling with acceptance as that's what there is to do. I'll be curious to see what phones former N7 users continue to go with such as the Pixel. I had contemplated the Pixel but said on another thread that I have some investment already in Samsung accessories so just sticking with Samsung was more logical for me.
    10-11-2016 08:59 PM
    phone was getting rave reviews all over , and a sad end it seems.... i hope samsung will be much more careful about their QA from now onwards...not only them every manufacturer shld!!!
    10-11-2016 09:03 PM
    So. The ended my two "Edge" agreements, refunded me the monthly payments and reset my upgrade date back to August 1st. But what about the sales tax they charged me for the phones? How do we get that back?
    10-11-2016 09:10 PM
    After much deliberation, I'm downgrading to a "cheap" S7 Edge that hopefully will be offset by the refund I get from the Note 7 return.
    I liked Samsung Pay, the stock Samsung Browser (because of Adblock), microSD card slot, being able to block all ads with the Disconnect Pro I downloaded, and the promise of eventually getting Grace UX over paying more for a different experience. In the case of the Pixel, no MicroSD (and for what you pay for the entry level 32GB model you could have a Nexus 6P at 128GB if that doesn't bother you).

I have high doubts that the 2017 Note equivalent will be as pleasing or "must have" as this Note was for me. Too many rumors point to Samsung doing "weird" stuff with the phones again. We'll see, until then I'll go with my pre-Note choice in the Edge. I'm not going "all out" with this, and likely when the Moto X Pure gets moved to Nougat, it will be my daily driver next year.
    dejanh likes this.
    10-11-2016 09:13 PM
    I ended up ordering a new GS7 (Not edge). Not happy about it. I love my Note 7 and I really wish I had paid off my Note 4 and kept it. Verizon rep was able to take off the Upgrade fee but I still had to pay taxes on it...again. Grrrr.
    10-11-2016 09:18 PM
    If the note 5 had expandable storage... I'd get that instead of v20
    As would I. I could strangle those who made excuses for no microSD last year... that would make this whole Note 7 fiasco moot. It's also why this Note 7 fiasco hurts so much.

Alas, because the Note 5s sold here max at 64GB and the combo of my currently used MicroSD + App storage on the Note 7 come close to exceeding it I'm going with an Edge. Not really going to like it but whatever.
    Joeykool likes this.
    10-11-2016 09:19 PM
    I am not giving up.
    I'm getting a phone to get me by. Not getting myself in a contract or payments.
    Gonna keep all the money I had to pay the contract off.
    So when a new note comes out I can get it.
    Rumors are just that.
    Nobody knows anything. But rumors start.
    Sometimes they make people make bad decisions and mess out on things .

Samsung is not gonna set Idle.
    They have lost about 14 Billion dollars and lost a lot of stock.

I know Iphone is trying to sue them over patent infringements.

Hole the Supreme court defines that. Which they should of done a long time ago.
    No need in Iphones having all the phones and making the prices that they want.
    No competition. That is what Apple wants.
    dejanh likes this.
    10-11-2016 09:21 PM
    OMG....I actually posted basically the same thread again. I'm sorry everyone.... All this drama had my mind foggy. Apologies
    10-11-2016 09:22 PM
    I've been critical from the Fans of Note7. Why to let the Mobile phone Companies
    like: Samsung drain their pockets and get richer by luring Ppls with features
    as S-Pen and longer battery life, pay $850+ just to satisfy their egos that..

They own a phone better than iPhone or Nexus--When the sales Statics shows the
    contrary. Why downgrade to Note5..is a smart choice: Remain toBe seen.?
    10-11-2016 09:38 PM
    Not a good situation at the moment as there simply are no comparable alternatives....and in 2 weeks I start flying weekly so I am going to have to make some sort of move.....

Honestly, this was / is a great phone without the gimmick curved screen the precludes a viable screen protector. Other than that this phone has everything I wanted.

IF we are forced to switch, I haven't a clue what to so. The 7 Edge has worse edges the S7 has too small of a screen, the V20 coming out isn't waterproof and has a lesser quality screen and the iPhone 7 plus just isn't user friendly if you take a lot of pictures and constantly need to sort them into individual files, plug into your computer and easily transfer things, etc.

I am starting to think that the only realistic alternative that is remotely close is to go backwards and find a new or lightly used Note 5. Worse battery life, no waterproofing, no additional storage.

Don't really want to go with an S7 and get stuck living with it. My eyes and work need the bigger screen.....
    I traded yesterday. It's been pulled so the Note7 is a no go no more. I got the Note 5 and not looking back for awhile. I am glad to still be in Note and k owing I had e no concerns
    10-11-2016 09:51 PM
    In that case there is ebay, i seen all majors there but activities and interest is noticable lately, I got my from my carrier.
    10-11-2016 09:54 PM
    When you get it you won't be able to use your vr with your note
    I believe all I have to do is call Samsung and give them my new imei number and mac address and it'll work
    10-11-2016 09:55 PM
    Pixel xl all the way, I see no reason in the world to get a s7e over a pixel. Unless, you for some reason have to have the Samsung features.

Water resistance is the main reason why a Pixel XL won't do it for me.
    10-11-2016 09:55 PM
    In that case there is ebay, i seen all majors there but activities and interest is noticable lately, I got my from my carrier.
    Mine from Verizon.
    10-11-2016 09:58 PM
    I believe all I have to do is call Samsung and give them my new imei number and mac address and it'll work
    Lmao no that won't work...the update comes from oculus. Which makes it so you can't even get into the oculus store. It just shows a message saying note 7s aren't supported anymore, for safety reasons.
    10-11-2016 10:40 PM
1,439 ... 4748495051 ...