10-12-2016 09:27 AM
1,439 ... 4950515253 ...
tools
    I just listed for sale my gear s2 classic 3g, note 12.2 3g, and tab s2.

I always said if I can't have a note, I'd use an iPhone. So there you go.

If they had decided to support the phone with updates and make turning it in voluntary, I'd have stayed.

Extreme? Yeah. But the note 5 is handicapped with no extra storage, and I really got used to the idea of a waterproof device. I use Bluetooth headphones anyway.

I lose my beloved pen, and wireless charging. I gain seamless integration and reliability. I will miss the note 7.
    10-12-2016 02:50 AM
    I think is a design flaw or a production defect. However, we won't know what is really wrong until Samsung makes a official announcement about it.
    10-12-2016 02:56 AM
    And this is why carrier-specific phones need to go. Verizon and their CDMA BS...
    Very true.
    10-12-2016 03:02 AM
    I'm the opposite and had a Rage to quit Apple in the mobile device department anyway. iPhone 7 is still a dinosaur phone and they release phones every year without any major updates. I'm disappointed in sort of being "forced to get a smaller phone". I sold my Apple watch and purchased the Gear S2 Classic 3G just for the Note 7.

Samsung is an awesome device and im trying to have the attitude that things happen and at least they are handling it as they should business wise.

I have had Apple Watch and still have a MacBook Pro, MacBook air, iPad Mini 3 and the iPad Pro 9.7. I had the iPhone 6S Plus and would have stayed with it had I not fallen in love with the Note 7.

I know its your choice, but don't do it. Samsung to Apple is taking a step back to me. Don't get me wrong I'm pissed. As a gadget girl I simply love the N7, but the iPhone 7/7 Plus can't hold a candle to any Samsung device.

Good luck in your choice.
    10-12-2016 03:14 AM
    I don't think they will. Things happen. You have customers who love the phone so much they are willing to keep the phone knowing of the risks.

I just this think that they next Note will be made with care. IMO.
    10-12-2016 03:19 AM
    Won't be buying another Samsung device in the near future.

It takes a special kind of incompetence to issue a global recall, supposedly fix the issue and not adequately test that the issue has indeed been solved. Heck just the stakes alone should've made a second screw up almost impossible, but it seems they have some very careless test engineers.
    amyf27, Jona005 and keepnitreel like this.
    10-12-2016 03:19 AM
    My friend has an iPhone and loved my Gear S2 so bad she went out to buy one and come to find out it won't pair. She went with the Moto 360, which working with Android and iOS devices.
    10-12-2016 03:26 AM
    I might shoot for the V20. Not much of an LG fan but I'll give them a shot.
    10-12-2016 03:26 AM
    I'm the opposite and had a Rage to quit Apple in the mobile device department anyway. iPhone 7 is still a dinosaur phone and they release phones every year without any major updates. I'm disappointed in sort of being "forced to get a smaller phone". I sold my Apple watch and purchased the Gear S2 Classic 3G just for the Note 7.

Samsung is an awesome device and im trying to have the attitude that things happen and at least they are handling it as they should business wise.

I have had Apple Watch and still have a MacBook Pro, MacBook air, iPad Mini 3 and the iPad Pro 9.7. I had the iPhone 6S Plus and would have stayed with it had I not fallen in love with the Note 7.

I know its your choice, but don't do it. Samsung to Apple is taking a step back to me. Don't get me wrong I'm pissed. As a gadget girl I simply love the N7, but the iPhone 7/7 Plus can't hold a candle to any Samsung device.

Good luck in your choice.
    That's a pretty good response. I am almost with you. I deeply considered buying a note 5 used.

Here is the thing you will learn with Samsung. Their new devices always come with new cool features that could easily be updated to Old devices. But they never do it. I've had Samsung devices since the Note 2. As a matter of fact, I've had probably more Samsung devices then anyone who isn't a professional review. And I can tell you first-hand, that the continuity between their tablets and phones, and the software updates, pale in comparison to Apples.

But you are right. Why couldn't Apple just get rid of the bezels and add wireless charging?

In terms of hardware, Samsung isn't just ahead of Apple, it's ahead of everyone. I can't even find another Android phone that is close.
    suitebliss and amyf27 like this.
    10-12-2016 03:33 AM
    While my S7E hasn't caught on fire, it has been the hottest(temperature) phone that I have ever owned. Has me a bit worried about the longevity of the battery and other internals.
    10-12-2016 03:35 AM
    And if I'm not happy with the S7 Edge, I'll just return it for the Note 5. I'll settle for the 64gb and just keep everything in the cloud until the next Note comes out.

I've had every iPhone and also had all the notes with the exception of the 5. I love the customization.

You what what grinds my gears about iPhone fans, they always claim that that Android is just too much, but that's an option. You can keep it simple and use it with iPhone functionality.

(Sorry, I had surgery so im recliner bound and bored, LOL)
    10-12-2016 03:45 AM
    IMO, they should offer the Note 5 free or close to free for prior N7 owners only.
    10-12-2016 03:58 AM
    I bought the 64GB version of the Note 5 last year and it's been a great phone! Solid, stable, great display, fast processor, and does not get hot at all! The coolest temp running smartphone to date for me.

Samsung did a great design in the Note 7, I'll give it to Sammy... but not only did it flame up... it ran very warm to hot for a lot of folks.

Sammy either promised too much for the phone and battery to handle and deliver or their QC simply failed.

I'm simply defending the Note 5 as It's a phone that delivers MUCH w/o being over burdened by a failed design. 😏 The phone simply delivers what it's supposed to do!
    jvak55, debdroid1a and amyf27 like this.
    10-12-2016 04:06 AM
    Had to laugh at this

10-12-2016 04:07 AM
    Note 5 is already a year old Technology. Considering the V-20 or S7 since I will have a 2 year contract. The V-20 has not been released yet on Verizon. Was told by Verizon I can't get my Upgrade back. This whole thing sucks!

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=5FcAKbDjeqk
    10-12-2016 04:10 AM
    That's sickening that they made a mod like that for the game....
    10-12-2016 04:14 AM
    So I know I'm not the only one still using my Note 7, so the question is, why all of a sudden there are no more stories of the phone catching on fire/exploding? Just wondering.........
    10-12-2016 04:23 AM
    Man it's gotta be the big Pixel now! Samsung just threw in the towel. Staggering to think how much credibility and cash this will cost them this year. Just a terrible result here.
    10-12-2016 04:33 AM
    It seems that everyone is falling all over themselves to jump off the Note 7 ship. Speculation is rampant: production on the phone has been ceased permanently, there will be an OTA update in 30 days that will brick all remaining Note 7s, "Game Over Man!" etc. etc. etc. And yet there is no official confirmation of any of that. All Samsung has actually said is :

1. Stop selling and exchanging Note 7s while the investigation is still taking place.
    2. For your safety, power your Note 7 off while we figure out what's going on.
    3. Customers can return their phones for a refund or exchange if they want.

As far as I know, as of this writing, there is no official second recall from the CPSC. There is no confirmation from Samsung that production has ceased permanently. There is no official confirmation from any carriers that they will never again be selling the Note 7. Now, those things may yet come to pass, but until that fat lady sings I'm not making any changes to my phone situation, and I'm most certainly not going to panic.

Am I the only one?
    sandra_17, dkbb, aCubs_fan and 1 others like this.
    10-12-2016 04:34 AM
    I was able to return my Gear S2 today to AT&T and have the line cancelled. I got it back in August and did not have any issues returning the watch because the store manager said that any accessories purchased with the Note 7 were returnable. Hope that helps
    Did they refund the activation fee? We purchased 2 note 7, got 2 watches and 2 tablets for free. Also have to pay the $10.00 a month on each.
    10-12-2016 04:43 AM
    Verizon has already reset everyone's account back to upgrade status and will send a box kit to N7 owners residents to ship back the N7...
    All this was automatically done by Verizon without having to contact them. So it's over.
    As much as I'd love to keep my N7, it's not going to happen....
    The device has been discontinued, there will be no support for this device

Edit: I forgot an important part of that.
    When/if you order a new device, only then will they ship the box..
    Sorry about that...
    Jona005 and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-12-2016 04:55 AM
    It is a conspiracy i tell you...
    10-12-2016 05:04 AM
    I don't think it's the end of the Note line, but it'll be interesting to see what Samsung does though. If they can definitively find and fix the issue that is causing the batteries to catch fire, they may be able to release it again. This will be months down the road, but if they can somehow get it certified that it will no longer pose a safety threat, then they may be able to recoup some of the losses. In a situation like that, they would have to sell the Note 7 at a decently reduced price (probably no more than $600), due to the issues and also the fact that the phone will be much older by then.

In any case, I don't think everyone will forget this next year, because if Samsung releases a Note 8, the news will make sure people don't forget. I think in any case, they'll have to sell the Note 8 at a cheaper price to try and win people back. Only time will tell what Samsung does.
    10-12-2016 05:04 AM
    Verizon has already reset everyone's account back to upgrade status and will send a box kit to N7 owners residents to ship back the N7...
    All this was automatically done by Verizon without having to contact them. So it's over.
    As much as I'd love to keep my N7, it's not going to happen....
    The device has been discontinued, there will be no support for this device
    Wow, really? I can confirm that my account does now say "Upgrade eligible" and that my Note 7 is worth $0.00. Are they really automatically sending us a return shipment kit?
    10-12-2016 05:12 AM
    Thata what I was thinking no more fires wow
    10-12-2016 05:13 AM
1,439 ... 4950515253 ...