10-12-2016 09:27 AM
1,439 ... 5051525354 ...
tools
    Wow, really? I can confirm that my account does now say "Upgrade eligible" and that my Note 7 is worth $0.00. Are they really automatically sending us a return shipment kit?
    I forgot an important part of that.
    When/if you order a new device, only then will they ship the box..
    Sorry about that...
    10-12-2016 05:16 AM
    Did they refund the activation fee? We purchased 2 note 7, got 2 watches and 2 tablets for free. Also have to pay the $10.00 a month on each.
    Have you not made a trip to your local store? Probably the best way to get those answers as it seems every manager is different pn what they will and won't do.
    10-12-2016 05:23 AM
    10-12-2016 05:25 AM
    Have you not made a trip to your local store? Probably the best way to get those answers as it seems every manager is different pn what they will and won't do.
    No I haven't. Plan on going to the V20, but that doesn't come out until the 28th. Just switched to AT&T and we don't have a back up phone to use. So we're kinda stuck until then.
    Please don't suggest buying a cheap phone to use in the interim, I shouldn't have to pay out more money for a phone I'm only going to use for about 2 weeks.
    10-12-2016 05:34 AM
    I'd like to agree with you, but it very well seems to be over. But sure, feel free to wait a little while if you really want to.
    10-12-2016 05:37 AM
    I'm not returning mine until and unless they brick it or restrict its performance. This is clearly the best smartphone ever made and I can't bring myself to return it when nothing else comes close.
    Carlo Villa, lanenubia and dkbb like this.
    10-12-2016 05:37 AM
    People want to kill the Note over a battery issue? LOL! Talk about the media going too far!
    Thisistip likes this.
    10-12-2016 05:39 AM
    They might rebrand it, they might not. Remains to be seen. But regardless, they wont be getting rid of the actual phone so it doesn't matter if the branding changes.
    10-12-2016 05:41 AM
    Samsung will lose about 17 billion dollars over this fiasco. They aren't going to be offering anything for a while. I'm moving on sadly to a new LG until Sammy redeems themselves next year.
    I saw an estimate of 4 billion. Where are you getting 17 billion from?
    10-12-2016 05:41 AM
    I'm not returning mine until and unless they brick it or restrict its performance. This is clearly the best smartphone ever made and I can't bring myself to return it when nothing else comes close.
    That has already begun. An update was pushed to the Note 7, which makes it inoperable with the Gear VR headset.
    Jona005 likes this.
    10-12-2016 05:46 AM
    Whether there's a name change or not there will be a phone with a stylus. The market is just too big to ignore and Samsung's strategy of releasing flagships twice a year was working flawlessly for them and would still be were it not for this truly baffling fail on the part of the QC team. Now whatever it is called will probably release later than August next year because they will test the hell out of them but the aren't abandoning the larger productivity devices. It would be stupid to do so. If Toyota can rebound from people being terrified that their cars would accelerate them to their deaths, Samsung can recover from this. As long as the S8 is in the ballpark of the S8 in terms of quality and safety they'll be fine.
    10-12-2016 05:47 AM
    Definitely a conspiracy. Samsung is getting too big and great for some U.S. haters. Samsung actually manufactures military equipment for South Korea.
    10-12-2016 05:47 AM
    The phone is dead and will be made defunct by the end of year. OTA software to kill the battery etc will then follow.

Deal with it and get a new phone.
    Carlo Villa and robber like this.
    10-12-2016 05:48 AM
    That has already begun. An update was pushed to the Note 7, which makes it inoperable with the Gear VR headset.
    Oh, and while you are waiting, everybody else is snatching up the only real comparable phone out there (S7 Edge). Yes, it's a downgrade, but the only real viable option, and nothing is on the horizon. And, no...the V20 is not comparable.
    delco714 and dkbb like this.
    10-12-2016 05:49 AM
    Take off your tin foils hat, no conspiracy
    mikef91 and Jona005 like this.
    10-12-2016 05:50 AM
    This could be you soon with that attitude
    Attached Thumbnails Old Information about the Note 7 Recall-7985.jpg  
    bassjo, Jona005, bpe4 and 2 others like this.
    10-12-2016 05:51 AM
    It's all Donald Trump's fault.
    honda-Dave likes this.
    10-12-2016 05:53 AM
    There likely HAVE been additional instances, but we're not being spoon fed those stories by the media, because they're on to something else now.
    Jona005 likes this.
    10-12-2016 05:55 AM
    Yeah the fat lady is already singing. Best bet is to find something else and wait for the next version. Thats what I just did.
    Carlo Villa likes this.
    10-12-2016 05:55 AM
    This is not the end of the Note. Samsung's best sellers has always been their S-series and Note lineup. And changing the name is a bad idea because people will think Samsung is hiding something by doing that, especially the media. They should still call it the Note 8. Regardless of the name, everyone will still remember what happened to the Note 7.
    10-12-2016 05:57 AM
    Whether there's a name change or not there will be a phone with a stylus. The market is just too big to ignore and Samsung's strategy of releasing flagships twice a year was working flawlessly for them and would still be were it not for this truly baffling fail on the part of the QC team. Now whatever it is called will probably release later than August next year because they will test the hell out of them but the aren't abandoning the larger productivity devices. It would be stupid to do so. If Toyota can rebound from people being terrified that their cars would accelerate them to their deaths, Samsung can recover from this. As long as the S8 is in the ballpark of the S8 in terms of quality and safety they'll be fine.
    Agreed, they won't abandon it but they will have to re-brand it. If it were still called the Note come next year, the battery stories from this year would be rehashed from the sensationalistic media and cast a negative shadow over the launch.
    10-12-2016 05:57 AM
    I think it's a bit subjective. The local news here in western NY ran a story a day ago about a woman who had a comparable N7 meltdown occur. They showed pictures of the phone while interviewing her as well.
    10-12-2016 05:58 AM
    Oh, and while you are waiting, everybody else is snatching up the only real comparable phone out there (S7 Edge). Yes, it's a downgrade, but the only real viable option, and nothing is on the horizon. And, no...the V20 is not comparable.
    I beg to differ. I had the s7 edge, and now chose the Note 5. Yes it's "older" but it is anew excellent phone and can keep up with all the stuff I was doing on the Note 7. Got mine new just the other day and it received a software update. Running well.
    10-12-2016 05:59 AM
    I doubt it. If they release it again the same time as this year they will be fine, the general public forgets fast. Sure sales might not be as high but give it a year or two and theyll be back on track.
    10-12-2016 06:00 AM
    I'm still waiting to get more details. I went through hell and back to get the first one replaced. Until there is an official 2nd recall I think I might wait.
    10-12-2016 06:04 AM
1,439 ... 5051525354 ...