10-12-2016 09:27 AM
1,439 ... 5253545556 ...
tools

And i bet LG V20 IPS panel produces more color accuracy, like the iPhone 7 is the new king of displaymate.com
    Early reviews showed the V20 as being far off from color accuracy. I believe this was an earlier review unit, though.
    If I'm not mistaken, the color accuracy of the Note7 was spot on.
    10-12-2016 06:44 AM
    I "rage quit" Samsung long ago. Long story short: Galaxy Tab 2. They'd "improved" the Android clipboard with their own, inducing a clipboard malfunction, crashiness and a gaping security hole. They knew about it. It was even covered by several industry on-line news outlets. Failed to fix it. That told me all I needed to know about Samsung design capability and customer service.

I swore I'd never own another Samsung "smart" device.
    10-12-2016 06:44 AM
    We have a business account for a small business. I am one of the people in charge of the account. I had no issue what so ever exchanging my phone over the phone. Didn't feel like going to the store this time. I ordered the iPhone 7 plus 256gb which is now on backorder. As soon as they get one in they are sending it out and I send the Note back. All this was done with no problem so I'm sure you'd have no problem ordering the Pixel.
    10-12-2016 06:45 AM
    We all loved the Note 7 because it is the most comfortable 5.7" screen phone ever made; narrow with minimal bezels. It's become obvious via the CPSC and Samsung's own admission that in the quest to make the phone as small as possible, the compact/high density battery design had unintentional catastrophic issues.

I would like to offer a possible design solution to Samsung.

REMOVE THE HEADPHONE JACK in order to allow for a LARGER/SAFER battery to fit. I know everyone here has chuckled about Apple's decision to remove it on the iPhone 7, but honestly, I'm willing to compromise on this in order for Samsung to release a better/safer phone with the same design aesthetics and features that we all loved.

If you agree, let your words be heard. Maybe they'll listen and move on it quickly.
    aximtreo and honeybrownfan like this.
    10-12-2016 06:51 AM
    Verizon agreed..they were already sending out collection boxes to return.. Told me all clear to buy s7 edge from best buy..free tv!!
    10-12-2016 06:57 AM
    Based on anandtech display test Note7 is good, but fary away from iPhone 7 in almost every test:
    http:// Display - The iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus Review: Iterating on a Flagship

IPS is still just a better technology if utilized correct. Other than the deep dead black pixels and thus the energy efficiency (which is one of the main reasons phone makers go for OLED), IPS is better.
    10-12-2016 06:58 AM
    It's a catastrophic instance like this that make you realize the true gains of removing the mic jack from the iPhone really was... space. Also shows you the genius of their design and the advantage of their total control of hardware and software in optimizing performance and power usage so that they don't have to play the big battery trend stuffing 3500+mah batteries to get long life using a 2900 mah battery I think in the 7 Plus?

The rumor has it though... the S8 will ditch the jack. I'm sure all manufacturers will start following the trend. They can blame it on Apple while it will give them the space they need to stuff more into these phones.
    10-12-2016 07:01 AM
    Why? Just make the phone 1/4" bigger, and be done with it. I wouldn't even mind if the damn thing was twice as thick, if it meant 50% more battery...
    amyf27 and aximtreo like this.
    10-12-2016 07:06 AM
    We all loved the Note 7 because it is the most comfortable 5.7" screen phone ever made; narrow with minimal bezels. It's become obvious via the CPSC and Samsung's own admission that in the quest to make the phone as small as possible, the compact/high density battery design had unintentional catastrophic issues.

I would like to offer a possible design solution to Samsung.

REMOVE THE HEADPHONE JACK in order to allow for a LARGER/SAFER battery to fit. I know everyone here has chuckled about Apple's decision to remove it on the iPhone 7, but honestly, I'm willing to compromise on this in order for Samsung to release a better/safer phone with the same design aesthetics and features that we all loved.

If you agree, let your words be heard. Maybe they'll listen and move on it quickly.
    Do not agree about the head phone jack but i do like your avatar, one of my fav movies.
    10-12-2016 07:07 AM
    You are not the only one, going to keep mine until the last possible minute, and even then i will most likely keep it a little bit beyond that.
    Agreed. I am also waiting to hear from the investigation. Supposedly we have until December 31st to decide on exchanging. I want to see if something comparable comes out between now and then. Otherwise I will choose between the Note 5 or S7E. Both are as close as you can get to a Note 7, but Note 7 is better.
    10-12-2016 07:09 AM
    It's become obvious via the CPSC and Samsung's own admission that in the quest to make the phone as small as possible, the compact/high density battery design had unintentional catastrophic issues
    It has? How is this obvious? Is there one article where Samsung says this was the cause?
    10-12-2016 07:09 AM
    Agreed. I am also waiting to hear from the investigation. Supposedly we have until December 31st to decide on exchanging. I want to see if something comparable comes out between now and then. Otherwise I will choose between the Note 5 or S7E. Both are as close as you can get to a Note 7, but Note 7 is better.
    Will the wireless chargers work with the note 5
    10-12-2016 07:10 AM
    Will the wireless chargers work with the note 5
    Yes
    10-12-2016 07:14 AM
    I did the same I gave back the S7 Edge and got the Note 5 however I have a 32 gigabyte but I'm fine with that because I use the cloud for a whole bunch of stuff
    I got a feeling I'll be doing the same thing. I'm definitely gonna hold off on buying a ton of accessories for the S7 Edge
    amyf27 likes this.
    10-12-2016 07:16 AM
    Early reviews showed the V20 as being far off from color accuracy. I believe this was an earlier review unit, though.
    If I'm not mistaken, the color accuracy of the Note7 was spot on.
    Yes. All the reviews out there are four preview units. The reputable reviewers started that and that there should be some changes made to the final version. Not sure what those changes will be though.
    10-12-2016 07:17 AM
    IMO, they should offer the Note 5 free or close to free for prior N7 owners only.
    They are. You get the Note 5 and they refund you the difference in cost.
    10-12-2016 07:17 AM
    I had the S5 in the past quite a while ago it wasn't a bad device by any means. My concern for you is it is significantly smaller screenwise
    10-12-2016 07:19 AM
    So the note 5 comes in a 64gb version, i did not know that. and it looks like Best Buy is offering $250 off.

Samsung Galaxy Note5 4G LTE with 64GB Memory Cell Phone Black SMN920VZKE - Best Buy
    Serkle K likes this.
    10-12-2016 07:20 AM
    They are. You get the Note 5 and they refund you the difference in cost.
    With Verizon?
    10-12-2016 07:21 AM
    I feel like I know some of you guys and gals after discussing the phone from pre-announcement through launch... Didn't think we'd have to scatter this fast.
    10-12-2016 07:23 AM
    I beg to differ. I had the s7 edge, and now chose the Note 5. Yes it's "older" but it is anew excellent phone and can keep up with all the stuff I was doing on the Note 7. Got mine new just the other day and it received a software update. Running well.
    How's the battery after the update. Mine is horrible and so ate a lot of others if you read the note 5 forum
    10-12-2016 07:25 AM
    The S7 edge is selling fast now. IMO it's the closest. I only had the option to get silver cause the gold and black would ship later.
    On Verizon website, silver is out of stock, the other 2 are shipping Friday, hopefully
    10-12-2016 07:26 AM
    How's the battery after the update. Mine is horrible and so ate a lot of others if you read the note 5 forum
    Mine seems okay
    10-12-2016 07:27 AM
    Sometimes i think are people like you really sane? What's the OVERLY BIG desire to keep this smartphone? People like you think Note 7 is a Holy Grail that you just have to keep their hands on. Grow up of this juvenile attitude. It is potentially dangerous product, return it like Samsung has said, and wait for the next flagship product from them and/or buy something else meanwhile.

Gosh whata jokers.

I bet there's coming other such topics popping up her asking the same thing, as if maybe there's a chance the support continues and nothing happens, and Samsung does a complete 180 LOL.

And i bet LG V20 IPS panel produces more color accuracy, like the iPhone 7 is the new king of displaymate.com
    LG displays have always been poor in terms of accuracy and efficiency. Not sure why you expect a 180 on that.
    10-12-2016 07:28 AM
    Mine seems okay
    I had to charge mine 3 times yesterday. I wiped the cache, some say that fixed it, will see. I ordered the s7 edge, figure can try that for a week and send it back if I can't stand it. It's a $35 gamble

Edit...Nothing is out of the ordinary when looking at the battery usage
    10-12-2016 07:30 AM
1,439 ... 5253545556 ...