10-12-2016 09:27 AM
1,439 ... 5455565758
tools
    I turned in my note 7 on Monday morning just before the announcement!..I knew this was going to happen, so many incidents!... I decided to go with the s7 edge, (the second best phone on the market)...I will not jump ship on Samsung (to each his own)...NO BORING IPHONE FOR ME!!!!! My insite regarding the Note 7..
    This is the Best phone that Samsung have ever made ( HANDS DOWN)!...
    I miss my note 7!
    shaleem likes this.
    10-12-2016 07:55 AM
    Same here. I skipped the note 5 for the same reason even though I have a Note 2. I had the note 7 then exchanged it for the s7 edge then got my note 7 replacement. Now Ive decided to go back to s7 edge because of its sd card, battery and similar size to my note 2. I'm getting the Note 8 when it's proven to be reliable.
    10-12-2016 07:56 AM
    It seems that everyone is falling all over themselves to jump off the Note 7 ship. Speculation is rampant: production on the phone has been ceased permanently, there will be an OTA update in 30 days that will brick all remaining Note 7s, "Game Over Man!" etc. etc. etc. And yet there is no official confirmation of any of that. All Samsung has actually said is :

1. Stop selling and exchanging Note 7s while the investigation is still taking place.
    2. For your safety, power your Note 7 off while we figure out what's going on.
    3. Customers can return their phones for a refund or exchange if they want.

As far as I know, as of this writing, there is no official second recall from the CPSC. There is no confirmation from Samsung that production has ceased permanently. There is no official confirmation from any carriers that they will never again be selling the Note 7. Now, those things may yet come to pass, but until that fat lady sings I'm not making any changes to my phone situation, and I'm most certainly not going to panic.

Am I the only one?
    I'm waiting too. But I also like to think of myself as calm and rational. I guess many people aren't.
    10-12-2016 07:58 AM
    Yes I smell a 64gb S7e coming for the same price as the current 32gb. GJ Samsung...gj...did I jump the gun?
    10-12-2016 08:04 AM
    The only real positive from this thread was the best buy gift card for a Note 5... I'll take my $250 on top of all the free items I got from the various note 7's I have had.

When all is done... I will have gotten 2 255gb memory cards (I will use them in my camera) and a gear VR, all for free as well as quite a few samsung pay kickbacks... i know its only $5 but those dunkin donuts gift cards are cool... plus now a $250 gift card to best buy.

In the end I will have the same phone (Note 5) that I had 6 weeks ago, and was happy with. I will wait a year and see what the Note 8 looks like. I can deal with it. The Note 5 was a heck of a phone. I definitely want it over a g7, or g7 edge... I use the s-pen multiple times a day.

I'll give Samsung a mulligan on this one, and see what the future holds. I would bet they will grow and learn from this and work double hard to make the next few phones above standard.
    10-12-2016 08:04 AM
    I ordered Pixel Xl with no problems for my wife's phone. Went to Apple (after turning in Note 7) and picked up 7+ for myself.
    RobertP1 likes this.
    10-12-2016 08:07 AM
    There's a lot of things that are weird in this.
    10-12-2016 08:07 AM
    Give me a break. They've been making phones for how long? They make one bad product (which is actually the best phone ever)and you wanna beat them down. I'll buy the next Note without hesitation. I understand this is the real world and mistakes happen. Obviously this is a very complex issue. Phones are tested thoroughly before release and these fires obviously never happened then. Samsung has acted responsibly with recalls. What more do people expect?
    10-12-2016 08:12 AM
    It really amazes me that people are able to get to this forum and post things, but they don't see the front page of the site that already answers some of their "issues."

I beg to differ. I had the s7 edge, and now chose the Note 5. Yes it's "older" but it is anew excellent phone and can keep up with all the stuff I was doing on the Note 7. Got mine new just the other day and it received a software update. Running well.
    Agreed. I am also waiting to hear from the investigation. Supposedly we have until December 31st to decide on exchanging. I want to see if something comparable comes out between now and then. Otherwise I will choose between the Note 5 or S7E. Both are as close as you can get to a Note 7, but Note 7 is better.
    My issues with going to the Note 5, is that it's still the same price as when it first launched, and that's just about the same as the Note7. And it offers less features. It's hard not to compare it to the Note 7 after having it. Can't put the genie back in the bottle now. I would settle for the Note 5 if the price, even for new, had dropped considerably.

I am contemplating the S7E, but again the price, for me, is hard to justify. It's not the device I really want to pour my money into, and stay with for 2+ years. I explored buying a refurbished device but for $500+ and I can't get confirmation of it's condition. And again, that's a little high for me to dump on a device and look at getting the next Note device that we hope to be released next year.

All that said, yes. I am still interested to know the results of whatever investigation is supposedly happening. I won't hold my breath. It won't bring the Note7 back to us. It's not going to fix any physical damage that the unfortunate "victims" of the bad devices had to endure. And it's not going to solve the void that we are all left with. We are literally scrambling to figure out what the next step is for us to do, considering the financial and long term efforts this is taking from us. I for one am having a hard time figuring what my next move will be, so unfortunately, I have to hold on to the Note7 for now.
    10-12-2016 08:15 AM
    Samsung continues to make huge mistakes here. They should have at least offered all Note 7 owners a 1/2 price, 6 month plan for the S7E to keep folks with the brand until the S8 or even Note8 comes out, since everything out there is a downgrade for us. I absolutely won't consider a Note 5 because of the small battery and no SD card (I'm using over 120gb on my N7 now). Only options I would think about is V20 and S7E, but they are not really comparable

And the worst thing is, that no one has talked about, is once we all have to switch, is that aren't we stuck with that (inferior) phone for at least a year?- the way these new lease programs work we need to be 50% paid off in order to do the next upgrade, so the S8 and even Note 8 will come out and we won't be able to even get it when it's released. We'll be forced to wait (unless we pay off the 50% balance early )
    Syounger64 and budven like this.
    10-12-2016 08:15 AM
    There's a lot of things that are weird in this. I was reading last night how thorough phones are tested before release and none of these fires happened in that period. Samsung has also been using hundreds of private testers and engineers since the 1st recall and none have been able to duplicate this problem. Then why have no store units caught fire on display? I'm not on the conspiracy boat but like to know answers to stuff, and all this just doesn't sit right with me.
    10-12-2016 08:16 AM
    There was a case of a demo one, prerecall burning up in a T-Mobile store.

My store told me the one they had melted the cable attached to it prior to the recall.
    10-12-2016 08:17 AM
    I think People expect perfection. On a serious note people that jump on the band wagon and cry foul will go back to Samsung once the new release for S8, S8 edge and Note 8. But it's up to Samsung to make sure that this occurrence doesn't happen again otherwise they'll be done. Those 3 models will need to stand out for people to make them go back providing that Samsung has learn from their mistakes.
    10-12-2016 08:18 AM
    There's a lot of things that are weird in this. I was reading last night how thorough phones are tested before release and none of these fires happened in that period. Samsung has also been using hundreds of private testers and engineers since the 1st recall and none have been able to duplicate this problem. Then why have no store units caught fire on display? I'm not on the conspiracy boat but like to no answers to stuff, and all this just doesn't sit right with me.
    Samsung should investigate the possibility of malicious coding or malware. Just saying.
    10-12-2016 08:18 AM
    LG makes displays for iPhones and LG Nexus 5/5x. All of these have been historically high-quality very color accurate panels.
    10-12-2016 08:19 AM
    How each person deals with this is up to them, but remember since it is a safety issue you may not just be affecting you, but others if you keep it. It's up to you of course. What I see is:

• Samsung is recalling all the phones
    • Samsung will not be supporting the phone any more (except for updates to kill it)
    • It is a safety hazard

You'll have to replace it anyway. It seems like you are saying the benefit of having this phone for a few extra weeks outweighs above. I can't possibly imagine how it does, but again that is for you to decide. I'm sure you'll get a good phone (just not quite as good as the one you have now in your opinion, I surmise )
    Do you have any links to back the first two bullet points?
    10-12-2016 08:19 AM
    Samsung continues to make huge mistakes here. They should have at least offered all Note 7 owners a 1/2 price, 6 month plan for the S7E to keep folks with the brand until the S8 or even Note8 comes out, since everything out there is a downgrade for us. I absolutely won't consider a Note 5 because of the small battery and no SD card (I'm using over 120gb on my N7 now). Only options I would think about is V20 and S7E, but they are not really comparable.
    Ideally, yes, but at the end of the day, Samsung just took a multi-billion dollar loss. They could not care less about customer satisfaction right now.
    10-12-2016 08:22 AM
    Samsung should investigate the possibility of malicious coding or malware. Just saying.
    Exactly. There's too much weirdness surrounding this matter. I dont think batteries are even the issue here. Since hundreds of testers can't duplicate it and no store units caught fire, something isn't right.
    10-12-2016 08:23 AM
    Malicious code to only work on a small number of devices when all phones will be written with the same code?

How does that work then...?
    ultravisitor likes this.
    10-12-2016 08:25 AM
    Exactly. There's too much weirdness surrounding this matter. I dont think batteries are even the issue here. Since hundreds of testers can't duplicate it and no store units caught fire, something isn't right.
    Which somewhat supports my theory that this was the result of sabotage...but maybe it wasn't hardware sabotage. Hmm.
    10-12-2016 08:25 AM
    Malicious code to only work on a small number of devices when all phones will be written with the same code?

How does that work then...?
    Malicious coding placed in a only a number of phones that went by a specific point in Samsung's production cycle?
    10-12-2016 08:26 AM
    It's not very encouraging that Samsung doesnt know why the fires are starting.

Supposedly they can not replicate the problem.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/12/bu...ated.html?_r=1
    Very odd in my opinion. Something is up.
    10-12-2016 08:27 AM
    I got a feeling I'll be doing the same thing. I'm definitely gonna hold off on buying a ton of accessories for the S7 Edge
    My Samsung fast charge portable charger uses the usb-c cord to charge it which is nice. I really like this thing.

Note 5 of course is micro USB but so are my two kids' phones (for now.. daughter wants iphone)
    10-12-2016 08:28 AM
    Thank god I keep all my old phones. That way if something happens I can just reactivate one of them. Problem is, my Note Edge is acting finicky- very poor signal, doesn't stay connected to the network blah blah. Now THAT is my fault. The phone wasn't designed to spend 2 hours in 15 feet of water. 🙄
    10-12-2016 08:29 AM
    I wouldn't say I'm quitting Samsung entirely (I have a UHD Samsung TV which I love). However, I'm holding off on their mobile products til my upgrade next October. Will be giving the V20 a shot.
    Are you getting v20 when it first comes out or waiting to see if there are any qc issues with it first
    10-12-2016 08:29 AM
1,439 ... 5455565758