10-12-2016 09:27 AM
1,439 ... 55565758
tools
    Why Samsung Abandoned Its Galaxy Note 7 Flagship Phone
    http://www.cnbc.com/2016/10/12/why-s...source=Twitter
    10-12-2016 08:29 AM
    I just want a phone on par with the N7😣
    10-12-2016 08:29 AM
    Malicious code to only work on a small number of devices when all phones will be written with the same code?

How does that work then...?
    And exactly who is working inside the factory that benefits from this inside job? And how does this benefit this person?
    10-12-2016 08:30 AM
    Ideally, yes, but at the end of the day, Samsung just took a multi-billion dollar loss. They could not care less about customer satisfaction right now.
    My point was not customer satisfaction. It was Samsung should try making a small (and smart) effort to try to retain future business instead of just letting 2.5 million N7 owners just go off in many directions on different phones.
    budven likes this.
    I'm having a hard time why this model only and not the edge 7 plus? To me, edge 7 plus is the flagship, not note 7. I see more people using the edge than note.
    they have, nobody wants to talk about it

http://news.softpedia.com/news/samsu...g-507925.shtml
    And exactly who is working inside the factory that benefits from this inside job? And how does this benefit this person?
    Think about it.
    10-12-2016 08:31 AM
    When I think of rage quitting I picture a child throwing a tantrum. Adults handle things differently.
    10-12-2016 08:34 AM
    Actually there is a lawsuit pending for an S7 Edge explosion... I use am currently using an S7 Edge (just got it recently and did a little research before I bought it) I do believe there were at least 2 incidents reported

Samsung sued over exploding Galaxy S7 edge - SamMobile

Class Action Exploding Galaxy Edge
    10-12-2016 08:34 AM
    One has nothing to do with the other. Not sure of the point of consistently bringing iPhone up when the thread isn't about iPhone.

I will say this: if there were this many news stories about ANY manufacturers phone, and I had personally seen more than one of that manufacturers phone over the past couple of years that had caught fire for no apparent reason, I wouldn't buy their products. I don't care if it says HTC, LG, BB or yes Apple on the front of it. The constant "but Apple, but Apple, but Apple" going on doesn't detract from the fact that Samsung, right now, has a credibility problem. There's even been posts when this whole thing started of "so and so said it was a Note 7 but it was a Galaxy Core, and then this report said a Note 7 but it was a GS6, and then this story said Note 7 when the phone clearly was GS7 - the media are making mistakes"...which is all well and good until you realize that the phones all had one manufacturer in common.

Stop diverting the discussion to bash other manufacturers because clearly Samsung has seen something from their end that they feel is dangerous enough to issue a global discontinuation of their flagship less than 2 months after release.
    Brought It up because a lot of people has had problems with lithium batteries fires.
    It was 1st hoverboard fires.
    Then fires fired on airplanes with their batteries catchingbon fires.
    Apple has had some.
    And now Samsung.
    But if'n I say Apple on a Samsung forum.
    I got to have somebody to correct , me
    Like im distracting from their post.

I don't think they got a lid on lithium batteries real solid yet.
    dsignori likes this.
    10-12-2016 08:35 AM
    Malicious coding placed in a only a number of phones that went by a specific point in Samsung's production cycle?
    I think you've been watching too many movies.

The problem will lie with the USB-C connectors and/or the wiring within the phone in my opinion.
    ultravisitor and 7AndTRT like this.
    10-12-2016 08:37 AM
    There is no confirmation from Samsung that production has ceased permanently. There is no official confirmation from any carriers that they will never again be selling the Note 7. Now, those things may yet come to pass, but until that fat lady sings I'm not making any changes to my phone situation, and I'm most certainly not going to panic.
    Yes there is official word on it being canceled. See below.

Samsung permanently cancels the Galaxy Note 7 | Android Central
    10-12-2016 08:37 AM
    This "size" thing is a freakin' joke! What do you think, 95% put a case on their phones anyway, so why not add a few mm to thickness and give you the room you really need for a decent battery and support electronics.
    10-12-2016 08:38 AM
    Yes there is official word on it being canceled. See below.

Samsung permanently cancels the Galaxy Note 7 | Android Central
    Where in that article does Samsung say the halt is permanent? I know it's implied, but I'm just saying.
    10-12-2016 08:39 AM
    Based on anandtech display test Note7 is good, but fary away from iPhone 7 in almost every test:
    http:// Display - The iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus Review: Iterating on a Flagship

IPS is still just a better technology if utilized correct. Other than the deep dead black pixels and thus the energy efficiency (which is one of the main reasons phone makers go for OLED), IPS is better.
    I don't care what that article says. Note 7 is the best looking display to the naked eye in my opinion. Period. If you prefer the iPhone then that is your choice.
    10-12-2016 08:39 AM
    Note 7 was the perfect phone and this whole thing sucks if we're forced to return it - nothing really compares right now.
    ^^^^^THIS^^^^^

I've been researching possible replacements for my N7 for a good portion of the last 24 hours and nothing available now (or within the next month or so) even comes close. Every possible alternative has too many compromises - no wireless charging, not waterproof, no microSD, no super AMOLED screen, etc, etc.

To top it off I have numerous N7 accessories - $60 worth of cases, several USB-C chargers, several wireless quick-charge chargers that are now useless to me...
    jmk32 likes this.
    10-12-2016 08:40 AM
    It doesn't cause me an issue. I just think malicious code on a very small number of phones is a little far fetched to say the least when it's fairly obvious it's a circuitry problem.
    If it's a circuitry problem, it would have been replicated by now.
    10-12-2016 08:41 AM
    Where in that article does Samsung say the halt is permanent? I know it's implied, but I'm just saying.
    They didn't say suspend (like during the recall which means they will return) -- they said "cancels the Note 7". It is the wording.
    10-12-2016 08:41 AM
    Samsung's main money maker seems to be the s7 nor the Note. I would think there are many loyal Note fans like me who WILL come back to a new Note when all proven safe.
    10-12-2016 08:42 AM
    If it's a circuitry problem, it would have been replicated by now.
    You're right, it's malicious code that a rogue programmer has injected to make it blow up.

Much more feasible...
    10-12-2016 08:43 AM
    Even with your phone essentially bricked? Good luck with that.
    Samsung has not given any statement so far saying they will be bricking this phone. Not sure where you guys are getting information from. As of right now this is just a rumor & I'm not at all concerned with it.
    They didn't say suspend (like during the recall which means they will return) -- they said "cancels the Note 7". It is the wording.
    Only official statement in that article says "...halt sales and production..." it doesn't say if it's permanent or not. It likely is, but making that claim without official wording is a stretch.
    Samsung has not given any statement so far saying they will be bricking this phone. Not sure where you guys are getting information from. As of right now this is just a rumor & I'm not at all concerned with it.
    The fact they done it with the first batch of phones to reduce the battery to 60%. They will do it again.
    10-12-2016 08:44 AM
    Only official statement in that article says "...halt sales and production..." it doesn't say if it's permanent or not. It likely is, but making that claim without official wording is a stretch.
    We can agree to disagree .
    10-12-2016 08:45 AM
    Turned my phone on this morning and after about an hour got the below message:

Safety Recall Notice
    "Your Galaxy Note 7 is not an affected device
    You can continue using your device normally."

It also had my IMEI number attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Old Information about the Note 7 Recall-screenshot_20161012-06224011111.jpg  
    10-12-2016 08:49 AM
    So are you without a phone now until the V-20 comes? If so that is unacceptable to me. I can not go without a phone.
    I'm Keeping my n7 till the v20 comes out
    10-12-2016 08:51 AM
1,439 ... 55565758