Old Information about the Note 7 Recall

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
re: What replacement phone are you considering or have you already chosen?

I'm glad I came across this thread. The V20 will replace the note 7. I respect LG for still doing removable battery.

But the phone can't compare to the note 7 in every way

jeslevine

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site

In my view, whether fair or not, the Note 7 has been branded as a flawed device, and if nothing else, its resale value will be affected by that.

If not for the potential safety issues, for the resale issue, if I owned a Note 7, I would take opportunity to return it, since the major providers are given customers the option to do so.

As to what I would replace it with, I would wait until I see how the Pixel and V20 fare when they are released.

The advantage the Pixel phones have is running the latest and greatest from Android, as long as you buy the phone directly from the Google store.

I have a Nexus 6P, and as far as I am concerned it is great. If I didn't have the 6P I would definitely be looking at the Pixel.

The removable battery and memory I really like in the V20, but would need to see its performance when it is released

Milt K

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
Re: Time to switch

This is 2nd time in 2 days for me that mines gotten up to 105° earlier it was 108° while charging so I turned it off.I'm starting to get concerned and I'm wondering at what point is too hot when things start catching on fire? ??????//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161009/40122cb701be551ee17d4b701d02d1fb.jpg

Mine gets that hot when I'm using the Samsung Fast Charge car charger and listening to a Podcast at the same time. Once I take it off the charger, the temperatures drop quick. Also, during simultaneous download processes it can get that hot.

Under normal use it never gets that hot. Did you take that snapshot during fast charging or while downloads were happening??

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

I'm done. I decided to send my Note 7 back. Packed it up to take to AT&T shortly once they open. Sadly I only have a Microsoft Lumnia 640 go phone I can use for the time being...which sucks!

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

I'm glad I came across this thread. The V20 will replace the note 7. I respect LG for still doing removable battery.
I was looking at it, but one of reasons I moved from the MXPE was battery life. Based on current reviews battery life is worse than the MXPE. No need to lug a battery with Note 7, since 40% more battery life. 80% more for video playback and streaming. The V20 display is a battery drainer on roids.

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site

On a side note I called Bell Mobility up here and they hadn't even heard that there might be an issue with the replaced model. Looks like we have to wait for an official notice from ss first.

DestinedtoGame

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site

Neither. Note 7 wins.

Better display than both

40% better battery life than V20 in QHD and more then Pixel in FHD.

FHD still looks better

Better form factor

Better low light pics

Integrated pen

No navigation bar taking 15% space with a lot of apps.

The list is tripled compared with iPhone

You are not helping. We don't want to buy bombs

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site

I was hoping that what I wrote in the OP might make things clear...

As of this morning, I am finding myself in the position of considering returning my N7. I love the phone features, design and build, but there are so many issues surfacing, rational ones actually, like future software updates, carrier support, future value and many others, that have me thinking. With all four major carriers offering immediate return/refund and/or exchange policies, it points to the importance of the "perceptions" surrounding this phone.

I love the N7 - and I think most of us here would agree that it's far out front of everything on the market. And, the new phones will not best the N7 on every front, for sure. But, some of us may be moving on, depending on how Samsung responds. Waiting for that response is clearly a pivotal decision point for me.

jerrycau123

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site

I tried the v10 and I hated that phone!
Google Pixel.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
The irony is I'd probably take an iPhone 7 plus over either the LG or Google phone . Luckily my S7 Edge is still the best phone out right now besides the N7 imo, so I'll be keeping it until the big phone showdowns of the next March/April.

Not trusting the Pixel until it's been out awhile, and it seems like LG doesn't want my money. So if I were upgrading, it would be Apple, although there stagnant designs don't really wow me either.

The irony is it's Samsung that was firing on all cylinders until this Note mess. They were truly leading everyone.

tclarson1

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site

I guess I am going to to just pre-order the the pixel XL from Verizon and see how this mess plays out when it is delivered on the 20th.

E Padilla

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site

I'm keeping my Note 7 and just upgrade next year into the Note 8. I also have a fully paid off Note 5 so I can always swap if a replacement happens on the Note 7. I'm 100% sure I wouldn't be able to sell the Note 7 for a good price so I'm not paying it off lol.

I'm not happy with either the LG V20 or the Pixel phone. It would have been great if there were other phones with stylus capability.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site

Going to the LG V20... no choice and that's the only phone with at least some decent features...and the s7 edge seems ancient now ...

neutron

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: S7 Edge or Pixel XL as a Replacement

I'm in the same boat. I do not like the S7. I'm looking forward to the Pixel XL (on pre-order). The only concern is the lack of HD Voice and WiFi calling I get to enjoy with the N7.

jbcatl

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Re: S7 Edge or Pixel XL as a Replacement

I had an S7 Edge in Act I of the Note fiasco, and am considering getting another to maintain our BOGO deal. If I lose the BOGO I'll just go back to iOS with a 7 Plus. This entire experience has been frustrating and enlightening.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
S7 Edge or Note 5?

I think I'm going to turn in my replacement Note 7. Thoughts on S7 Edge vs Note 5. I called my local Tmobile stores and they were fully aware of the issue and offering refunds on turning in the replacement Note 7s. I don't have to get another phone there I can get a used one cheaper and just return this for credit but debating.

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Re: S7 Edge or Note 5?

Try and find a Note 5. Completely discontinued and unavailable for Sprint unless you buy a used device elsewhere.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Re: S7 Edge or Note 5?

I'm still waiting to see what transpires but I am pretty much between these two devices as well should it come down to that. Verizon still has the Note 5 on their website, though with this fiasco who knows for how long.

Status
Not open for further replies.