Old Information about the Note 7 Recall

Status
Not open for further replies.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Re: S7 Edge or Note 5?

I was also flirting with idea of the Lg v10. But that Samsung Pay is so so convenient

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site

What even sucks more it that I have bought all new USB C cables, and quite a few cases for the Note 7. Mine has been fine and I really don't want to get rid of it, it never has gotten warm.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site

What even sucks more it that I have bought all new USB C cables, and quite a few cases for the Note 7. Mine has been fine and I really don't want to get rid of it, it never has gotten warm.
Mine got warm twice one time when using the gear v r it was Very hot another time just while we were driving and my daughter was looking at asimpe restaurant menu online on it . Also had a few occurrences where I have had to restart it because the pulldown menu doesn't work and also 2 0r three times were the entire network connection disappeared and I had to restart it for that as well

nocaldawg

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: S7 Edge or Pixel XL as a Replacement

Nice avatar btw. One of my favorite college teams outside Ohio St. I would chose the S7Edge. Awsome phone had that before I got the N7 and used it again as loaner. Highly recommended.

Thanks on the avatar. Today is a great day to be a Husky. Not that there is ever a bad day to be a Husky!

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I had a v10 and loved it till the update. The phone was amazing. If it would have not been for the battery Issue and reception issue..... I probably would still have it. We switched carriers so i grabbed a note 7. So many things about it make me love this phone. I miss a few things on the v10 though. Ir blaster, second screen, rugged build, manual camera modes, etc. After using the n7 I love it. Some things i don't like though. Curved glass and glass back (screen protector nightmare and fragile build) love that s pen. This entire battery issue has me so irritated. I never get a state of the art phone. This is the first time unless you want to count the v10. I'm just going to wait and see what happens before I do anything drastic. I guess it's a v20 if it comes to it?

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site

I just got my daughter an S7 Edge, similar if I had too, but I don't want to. I like the USB C and don't want to purchase new cables to replace the micros I got rid of or were worn out.

OUGrad05

May 24, 2014
Visit site

Depending on what transpires with this text message fiasco...I'm likely done with Samsung. On top of that the unmolested android of the Pixel line is appealing in and of itself. All things being equal I'd go with a Samsung, but at this point I simply don't trust them.

nocaldawg

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site

Depending on what transpires with this text message fiasco...I'm likely done with Samsung. On top of that the unmolested android of the Pixel line is appealing in and of itself. All things being equal I'd go with a Samsung, but at this point I simply don't trust them.

Good point. That text message is troubling if it is the genuine article. I am skeptical that it is.

Samsmome

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
As of this morning, I am finding myself in the position of considering returning my N7. I love the phone features, design and build, but there are so many issues surfacing, rational ones actually, like future software updates, carrier support, future value and many others, that have me thinking. With all four major carriers offering immediate return/refund and/or exchange policies, it points to the importance of the "perceptions" surrounding this phone.

But, I can't pull the trigger now. The options are so unacceptable for me: an iPhone or an older/less capable Samsung phone just doesn't cut it. There's zero chance I would want to live in the stifling (for me) Apple ecosystem and their phones that are years behind the times (again, IMO). The S7 variants are fine phones, but the N7 is clearly out front on the features design and build fronts. I don't want to go backwards.

So, here I am considering the Pixel, that I recently criticized on this forum for looking like an iPhone clone, and the V20, which quite frankly looks amazing. But both of these phones are weeks off, so I guess I have to sit tight for now.

Are any of you considering these two phones?

I too want to keep this phone. I had zero heating issues, yes some lag with the 1st Note 7. Absolutely no issues with the 2nd Note 7. Now that I received my VR I love this phone even more.
If I am forced to switch because of a recall, I think I'm going with the V20. I had the V10 prior to Note 7. I also loved that phone, but I love the Note 7 more. No other phone peaks my interest. So, again if I have to switch V20 here I come. This Friday the 14th it will be exactly 14 days until launch for the V20. I'm going to hold out until then or later just to be in the 14 day window to get the V20.
On a side note, in the US we will get the B&O earphones with the V20. But you have to go through LG to receive them.

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
re: What replacement phone are you considering or have you already chosen?

I was hoping that what I wrote in the OP might make things clear...

As of this morning, I am finding myself in the position of considering returning my N7. I love the phone features, design and build, but there are so many issues surfacing, rational ones actually, like future software updates, carrier support, future value and many others, that have me thinking. With all four major carriers offering immediate return/refund and/or exchange policies, it points to the importance of the "perceptions" surrounding this phone.

I love the N7 - and I think most of us here would agree that it's far out front of everything on the market. And, the new phones will not best the N7 on every front, for sure. But, some of us may be moving on, depending on how Samsung responds. Waiting for that response is clearly a pivotal decision point for me.
Well said

chongwj

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site

Already exchanged to S7Edge since the first recall. Flash the U firmware (no root required) and it's an amazing phone since. Incredible battery life, no bloatware, excellent performance.

Pixel? not even a chance with no SD card and that price...

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site

Then why the silence? The "weekend" is a lame excuse, what year is this? 1958?

Why the silence? Perhaps they are smartly being advised by their lawyers and PR people to keep their mouths closed until they have all the facts. People can speculate all they want on blogs and forums, but Samsung isn't going to say anything until they know what they're talking about.

The weekend is a horrible time to do this. Who's paying attention?

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
re: What replacement phone are you considering or have you already chosen?

Regarding the V20, its $830 price tag and general LG bootloop history... I would wait it out if you can.

Jdroids

May 7, 2012
Visit site

I gave up waiting on note 7 sales resuming in US. It probably wouldn't happen the way things are going now.
Just upgraded my S5 to S7, which should be good for an year at least. Not interested in Pixel phones which look too much like iPhone and much less features.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

Why the silence? Perhaps they are smartly being advised by their lawyers and PR people to keep their mouths closed until they have all the facts. People can speculate all they want on blogs and forums, but Samsung isn't going to say anything until they know what they're talking about.

The weekend is a horrible time to do this. Who's paying attention?
Agree 1000% it would stupid for them to public address something they have no true knowledge of. They have to access the device(s) and see if the truth holds up that these were in fact safe note 7's that malfunctioned while not being connected to a power source. Really sucks for Samsung because owning my safe note 7 I've had nothing but a positive experience not to mention the heat reduction. My s7 edge would get extremely hot under certain conditions, but I have experienced that with my note 7.

Jona005

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site

Just curious..what is the primary hate towards the Pixel? I get that it looks iphonish, but besides that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton