Old Information about the Note 7 Recall

Status
Not open for further replies.

OUGrad05

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: S7 Edge or Pixel XL as a Replacement

Agree 1000% it would stupid for them to public address something they have no true knowledge of. They have to access the device(s) and see if the truth holds up that these were in fact safe note 7's that malfunctioned while not being connected to a power source. Really sucks for Samsung because owning my safe note 7 I've had nothing but a positive experience not to mention the heat reduction. My s7 edge would get extremely hot under certain conditions, but I have experienced that with my note 7.
You honestly believe they have no knowledge of it and yet it's been reported on by every major techie site? Come on.... I was on the Samsung bandwagon for years but this is ridiculous.

stevec5375

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
re: What replacement phone are you considering or have you already chosen?

I deliberately avoided buying the Note 7 until the early adopters had BETA tested it. And then lo and behold the battery fire fiasco surfaced. Since I didn't buy a Note 7 yet, I am not stuck with that ordeal. Same with the LG V20. Don't buy it immediately when it comes out. Wait a month or so. You may just avoid the headache you now face.

Kayza

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site

They probably really don't know what happened yet. But, not responding at all is just stupid. I get the legal concern. But, they could respond without admitting fault. Something like "We're horrified at the thought that someone could have gotten hurt due to one of our phones going bad again. We'll be investigating as quickly as we can, and keep everyone informed."

Considering how little information they shared the first time round, I'm not surprised though. Information sharing is NOT their strong point.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site

You honestly believe they have no knowledge of it and yet it's been reported on by every major techie site? Come on.... I was on the Samsung bandwagon for years but this is ridiculous.

No. That is not what we're saying at all.

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
my fears if I keep the N7

Obviously the battery is everyone's major concern.

But what about...
No more updates.
No carrier support.
Plus all the cases, screen protectors ect. We wasted money on and now we have to buy new ones again.

But I love this phone dammit... Lol

Jdroids

May 7, 2012
Visit site

Just curious..what is the primary hate towards the Pixel? I get that it looks iphonish, but besides that?

Its core spec is good (CPU, RAM, screen). But other than that, it doesn't have hardware features typical found in flagship galaxies like water-resistance, micro-sd slot, OIS lens, wireless charging, etc. Just bare bone phone hardware. They claim best phone camera in Pixel, but that remains to be seen.

In the early days of Galaxy S, Samsung was criticized for its hardware/software looking too similar to iPhone. But it has evolved enough to have its own looks. Now Google is taking this iPhone copying design to whole new level. Even its rear camera layout is exactly like iPhone as well as edges, bezels. I'd surprised if they get away without Apple taking notice and launching lawsuits.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
They probably really don't know what happened yet. But, not responding at all is just stupid. I get the legal concern. But, they could respond without admitting fault. Something like "We're horrified at the thought that someone could have gotten hurt due to one of our phones going bad again. We'll be investigating as quickly as we can, and keep everyone informed."

Considering how little information they shared the first time round, I'm not surprised though. Information sharing is NOT their strong point.

lol no. No way. Quickest way to incriminate yourself and your brand without any investigation being done.

This is exactly why you won't here from them until all the fact are in.

Damn them if you want. Never use their products again. But in the real world, every word you speak can lead to even bigger problems if you are not prepared. Words can be misinterpreted and spun in a way to make the whole company libel.

As someone who works with PR, first rule is you stay quiet until you have the facts. Tech blogs do not qualify as facts.

IncredibleJedi

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
Re: my fears if I keep the N7

I wanted to wait for the v20. We just switched to at&t so I don't have a backup phone.

If you can do everything you need to do with a non-premium phone for a couple of weeks, I would say you can pick up an unlocked phone for $100 or less. Then return your N7, and place a pre-order on the V20 when you can. Ideally, you would purchase an unlocked phone when you have 2 weeks or less for your V20 to arrive, so then you can return your unlocked phone within the standard 14 day window, when you receive your V20.

Does that make sense? Because that's what I just did, except I'm going Pixel XL.

Tom Westrick

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site

I wanted to wait for the v20. We just switched to at&t so I don't have a backup phone.

Ask if they can loan you one for two weeks, or get a cheap pre paid Go Phone. If you get the V20 when it's first out, you should still be in the return period for that loaner phone.

Edit: Amazon has a very generous 30 day return policy and no restocking fees. If you can, I'd say pick up something there to use for the time being.

Keltian

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: S7 Edge or Note 5?

I'm going to get the Note 5 because I need 64 GB. I wanted to get the S6 edge plus but T-Mobile doesn't stock new ones anymore.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site

Heart says pixel. Common sense says s7 edge.

I'm sure you won't go wrong with either, although the Pixel will have the latest Snapdragon processor and updated software. I'm gonna wait to hear more details on day to day usage before considering it

Ambivalencetech

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site

Keeping my replacement until investigations reveal something conclusive or until V20, which ever is later. It's hard for any phone to replace this phone and I even have a backup note 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.