Old Information about the Note 7 Recall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carraser23

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
So this phone will never see an update.

With carriers seemingly dropping support, I dont expect this phone to even get security updates...time to switch.

shaleem

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: S7 Edge or Note 5?

I exchanged my Note 7 today at AT&T for the 7 Edge. I like the phone. I had a chance to use it during the first recall of the Note 7 so I'm fairly familiar with it. One of the things that I really liked about it was the battery life. However, I'm going to miss my Note 7. I used the S-Pen and I liked the iris scanner too. I just got fed up with all of the uncertainty and nonsense with the Note 7. AT&T rep told me that they are no longer offering the Note 7 for sale as of yesterday.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

S7 Edge. It will hold you off until the Note 8 and still be fairly modern plus water resistance and removable storage.

I had the Note 5 and liked it a lot though. Ran very smooth but was missing the external memory. If it had external memory I'd say go for it right now.

john_ath

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site

Note5 definetely...bigger screen 5.7", beautiful phone and especially...the s-pen factor...
Battery is ok....not great around 5 SOT with wi-fi,
if you don't mind the sd card go for it!

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: my fears if I keep the N7

Keeping my replacement until investigations reveal something conclusive or until V20, which ever is later. It's hard for any phone to replace this phone and I even have a backup note 5.
40% less battery life

Inferior display (reason for less battery life)

Bigger

Grainy low light pics

No hardware resolution scaling

No dust or water resistance.

Seems not worth it if same or close to price of Note

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site

The problem with replacing the note 7 with S7 or S7 edge is that they are now older phone models in my mind......those phones were released earlier this year and just don't seem new anymore...I have a lg g5 on my second line and it's really nice so the lg v20 will be the phone for my first line once it releases on tmobile October 28 (the day I will hand in my replacement Note 7)

Ambivalencetech

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site

40% less battery life

Inferior display (reason for less battery life)

Bigger

Grainy low light pics

No hardware resolution scaling

No dust or water resistance.

Seems not worth it if same or close to price of Note

I get that. But if there is a recall, the right thing to do would be to move on. Honestly I'm also considering going to the OP3 or some other phone that makes me feel better spending less $. I know s7 edge is an option but I got a loaner and couldn't use it for more than a couple of hours.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, it's eligible for the annual upgrade plan on Verizon, so honestly, by time Samsung devices on carriers start getting Nougat, the S8 will be out and I can just upgrade again as long as it's halfway paid off. Hopefully the S8 will have 64gb. I need the extra space.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site

I Love this phone and I really don't want to turn it in Again, but if there is a Second recall I'll just do a full refund and use my Note 5 until Note 8 comes out.

bobxxz

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
The problem with replacing the note 7 with S7 or S7 edge is that they are now older phone models in my mind......those phones were released earlier this year and just don't seem new anymore...I have a lg g5 on my second line and it's really nice so the lg v20 will be the phone for my first line once it releases on tmobile October 28 (the day I will hand in my replacement Note 7)

Thats one reason why I do not want the s7 edge.. too expensive $795 on AT&T for a phone thats over 6 months old already. I really want to get the iPhone 7 plus but none in stock probably until late november or early december.

verks

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Re: So this phone will never see an update.

I was thinking the same thing. You might get security patches but you can forget Nougat

Turbo Brian

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: S7 Edge or Pixel XL as a Replacement

Its core spec is good (CPU, RAM, screen). But other than that, it doesn't have hardware features typical found in flagship galaxies like water-resistance, micro-sd slot, OIS lens, wireless charging, etc. Just bare bone phone hardware. They claim best phone camera in Pixel, but that remains to be seen.
these were my thoughts exactly and is why i walked out of tmo with an s7e yesterday. i fell in love with wireless charging on my nexus 6 and skipped the 6p because of that (and its, IMO, odd looking camera bump). the pixel is no looker either, kinda plain, but that is not my main reason to skip it. i like the other features the s7e has that it does not. i tossed it on my wireless charger last night and today tossed in a 128GB sd card to make up for only being a 32GB phone. at this point, im only really losing the spen, .2" of screen (which i cant really notice) and some small software variations between touchwiz and grace ux

Jona005

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
re: What replacement phone are you considering or have you already chosen?

Just went to a corporate store to exchange my N7 for a cheap backup phone. The V20 is on display/demo already. Played with it for a few minutes, has a very premium feel in hand.

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

Just went to a corporate store to exchange my N7 for a cheap backup phone. The V20 is on display/demo already. Played with it for a few minutes, has a very premium feel in hand.

Same thoughts I had on the V20. Now I can't decide......V20 with horrible battery life or iPHone 7 plus....

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

Have to say Steve has a point. If the Note 7 replacements get recalled I can't buy either the Pixel or V20 because it would break my new rule about not getting anything less than 30 days old. Looks like it's one of the S7's for me.

Will the V20 be getting Android O?

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

Same thoughts I had on the V20. Now I can't decide......V20 with horrible battery life or iPHone 7 plus....
There's no proof of horrible battery life for a phone not out yet. I had the V10 for 8 months and routinely had 5+ hours SOT, very similar to my Note 7.

Milt K

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
Re: S7 Edge or Pixel XL as a Replacement

Heart says pixel. Common sense says s7 edge.

Regular S7 for me. Had a S7 Edge and couldn't live with that large curve and accidental touches every time I texted someone. Got the regular S7 as a loaner during the first recall and it was great. The only thing I didn't like vs. the S7E was the smaller display and shorter battery life. Still, I wouldn't have minded keeping it if I knew the replacements were going to have issues again. Besides, I'm fully invested in a few wireless chargers, sd cards, a Fit 2, and a Gear VR so it's Samsung for me. If VZW had a S7 Active variant available I would get that for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12