Old Information about the Note 7 Recall

Status
Not open for further replies.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Re: S7 Edge or Note 5?

I got mine through t-mobile eip plan. I know I'm paying a little more for it but I like how they support the phone. I've had small issues when the Note 5.when I had it and the obvious ones with the Note 7 when I had it and getting those things fixed has been easy with the store. Also sons s6 is thru that as well.

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Time to switch

AT&T has stopped sales. T-Mobile has stopped sales. Verizon has no Note 7s in stock. You seriously believe that the carriers -- already bitten by the first fiasco of a recall -- will restart sales later on? At this point it appears that the Note 7 is dead and won't be supported by the carriers even if by some miracle the CPSC doesn't mandate a 2nd recall.

If there is a 2nd recall, the carriers won't allow the devices on their networks and will surely have Samsung kill them remotely. If there is no recall, the carriers will in all likelihood no longer sell the Note 7. Will not support the Note 7 and there will be no updates forthcoming. You're welcome to keep an essentially zombie phone.

Edited to add: Now in Australia, Samsung has halted shipments of "safe" Note 7s to Telstra

Samsung is ‘pausing’ shipments of the Galaxy Note 7 to Telstra, says internal memo - The Verge

So now another major carrier is halting sales and they have none in stock. I seriously doubt they'll sell anymore unless, again, there's a miracle solution to this new rash of fires.

Sir, please name the last phone that was remotely killed by a carrier or a company? I mean I don't know one. So please educate me. And not that they don't have the capacity to do so. But when have they "done" so?
Also where did I ever mention that I will keep the zombie Note 7? No one is disputing the fact that carriers are stopping or halting their sales. My whole post was about disabling the phone......Not sure what yours was about.

Shanda5303

Banned
Aug 24, 2013
Visit site

I have Z Force. The hottest I've seen is 109°. That was using the Motorola charger which is 30 Watts. Unplugged and it dropped rapidly.
Thanks for the info, I'm watching it. If it does get hotter than 103° I try to unplug and turn off. It just sucks because this is the phone I'm not supposed to be worrying about. Also it has done this while it wasn't charging, once while updating a crap load of apps and another time when using my hotspot.

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

Drama effect? Are you kidding? Samsung has almost reached the threshold where the replacement units are in the same position as the original units. It is actual drama, not perceived. If there are any more replacement units defective, there are only 2 choices-second recall or discontinue the N7. If the latter is done, you can guarantee there will be a worldwide disabling.

How many people are realistically going to stick it out with a second recall?

Lord have mercy. Reading is fundamental. No, I am sorry comprehension is fundamental. "Drama effect" for whoever is saying that Samsung will disable the phone remotely. Please re-read my post. Not for the whole Note 7 catching fire or not, or who is sticking with it, keeping it or not.
Ladies and gents I am done. Have a great night....;)

Fobbers

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Other alternatives

If this was going to happen that we would have to give up out phones...... what do you guys suggest as an alternative? I was thinking of going back to a Note 5. Any suggestions would help. Thank you.

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: Other alternatives

Whatever suits your needs and budget. I will just have to let my replacement Note 7 explode it took me 4 hours to get it replaced. Not going thru that again. If I had to choose another device at this stage it would probably be a LG V20. The Google pixel XL looks too much like an Iphone which I refuse to have.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Basically you can get any device you want. I'll do the refund route and go from there.

neutron

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site

I agree. I'm going back to my 6sPlus until my Pixel arrives. Now I need to figure out how to recover/cancel the Next upgrade I used took get the Note.

sheba510

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
re: What replacement phone are you considering or have you already chosen?

That Deluxe they have a 6gb ram snapdragon 821 too if I've read about it correctly? Looks like a beast.

Is the Pixel XL going to be sold unlocked directly from Google or Best Buy since I use tmobile? If I'm correct only Verizon will sell it. besides, I don't want a carrier phone again after my tmobile ordeal right now.

The Deluxe Special Edition has the Snapdragon 821 with 6GB RAM. Only thing I don't like about it is the price tag of $799. For $499, I can get the regular Deluxe with the Snapdragon 820, also has 6GB RAM. I don't see paying a $300 premium for a. Snapdragon 821.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site

"T-Mobile has stopped sales" I wish it was true, but as I type this they still have them for sale. I just took one all the way though to the purchase phase, just to make sure.

tntiger

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site

FYI if you use the GSam App you can set temperature alarms so you don't have to constantly monitor the device (while you keep it within reach and eye sight!).

andrewg13

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site

I agree. I'm going back to my 6sPlus until my Pixel arrives. Now I need to figure out how to recover/cancel the Next upgrade I used took get the Note.

I exchanged my N7 to an S7E today at a corp ATT store. I was given the option to just return the phone, so I don't think you should have a problem getting your NEXT upgrade back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20