Old Information about the Note 7 Recall

Status
Not open for further replies.

budven

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: Time to switch

If this phone is recalled Samsung should offer us a free replacement phone until the Note 8 comes out. However, I doubt they will use the name NOTE any more due to the stigma attached to it.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
How many are switching from N7 to Iphone 7 Plus?

With a lot of Note users ticked off about the likely second recall, how many of you are simply going to the iPhone 7 Plus now? Is it a big downgrade?

NCTRNL2

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
Re: How many are switching from N7 to Iphone 7 Plus?

That's my plan. Now I'm noticing that the iPhone 7 Plus is pretty much sold out everywhere and it seems to anywhere from 2 weeks to a month out no matter where you buy it.

Thisistip

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
Re: Trade in Note 7 for Galaxy S8?

Yes, I know that reads weird, but I really like the upgraded UI for the Note 7, and I have all these USB-C accessories that I can't return.
Speaking with T-Mobile, I asked how long I have to return my Note, and the operator said that at this time, there is no deadline, but to keep an eye out for one.
Seeing that we are roughly 4 months away from the S8 being released, do you guys think it's feasible to hold out until the S8 comes out before trading in?
I was holding it for this as well. Or at least a promise to trade in a S7 for a S8 when they come out.

I hate that I waited for this Note and now have to "downgrade" to a S7 edge or back to my old Note edge (which I thankfully still have) . Sigh

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

Right here, Dude. Switched on Saturday to the iTurd 7 Plus 256GB. :p

Only thing I'm missing is the always on display and wireless charging.

The iPhone 7 Plus is so smooth and I'm liking it. ;)

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: Replacement question "Non-techie"

So...not a techie...as mentioned above...
What are the differences...honestly didn't know that there were multiple versions out there.

Well it's a long answer(too much to list here), but the short answer is you probably won't need to worry about it at all. And you may like it better than your Galaxy UI. You can Google stock android vs TouchWiz and gets lots of info, I am sure.

Some of it has to do with extra software installed on Galaxy phones, the way the Notification tray looks and works (the pull-down at the top), and lots of other smaller things. Things may look different, settings may be in different places, but most of what you know on your Galaxy phones you can do fine on a "stock" Android phone (queue the "it's not stock" replies :)

shaleem

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site

Right here, Dude. Switched on Saturday to the iTurd 7 Plus 256GB. :p

Only thing I'm missing is the always on display and wireless charging.

The iPhone 7 Plus is so smooth and I'm liking it. ;)
I'm surprised that you found one?

Thisistip

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
Re: Trade in Note 7 for Galaxy S8?

Thankfully I still have my trusty Note 4 sitting in a drawer at home. If the replacement N7s get recalled, I'll use the the former until the s8 is released.
I have my Note edge. Wondering if I should get the S7 edge or wait for the S8 edge? Or should I jump ship and go LG or Google? Sigh i just want my note 7

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

How is the iTurd compared to a Note 7 or S7 Edge? Do you have as many options and customization things as the S7 or Note has?

IMO the build quality and feel of the iTurd far surpasses the Note 7. I do not miss that fragile glass back and curved edge screen just waiting to be cracked.
It's two different worlds but the iTurd just works so nice. My reception and call quality is much improved on the Turd.

NCTRNL2

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site

Yeah me too...Best Buy looks like they're shipping within 1-2 weeks...which is faster than the Apple Store currently. Guess I'll return tonight, reactive my old iPhone, and order a new one. I'm sure this process will go smoothly...........

jsk0703

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site

Was thinking the same thing. Been waiting to get the wife one but our AT&T store won't have them in for a while.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site

With a lot of Note users ticked off about the likely second recall, how many of you are simply going to the iPhone 7 Plus now? Is it a big downgrade?
4871053a5ea17f8059c4a2909d4bc6fa.gif

jbcatl

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site

I'm back to using my iPhone 6 Plus (switch the sim from my ticking time bomb Note 7). Even being a two year old phone, it's still usable. The ONLY reason I'm considering an S7 Edge is to maintain the BOGO deal we got with AT&T when we added a line for my wife. If I had just used an upgrade for the Note 7 I'd unroll all of that and wait for an iPhone 7 Plus at this point. It spanks every phone out there from a performance standpoint, and I've never had any major issues with any of the iPhones I've used since the 3G. The Note 7 was a poor choice for dipping my toes into the Android world.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

Took the Note 7 and accessories back to Verizon on Saturday and fully expected on waiting for the iTurd 256GB to ship this week (256GB matte black is available at Verizon online) and almost crapped when the counter jockey came out of the back room with an brand new one. He said that they had gotten 2 of them in the day before. Here I am in iTurd land again. :-\

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site

Switched to iOS/6S Plus to try it out. I really like it so I will most likely be moving to the 7 Plus once they start showing up in carrier stores in a month or two.

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

I checked out a real V20 today at AT&T store, and man I am really impressed. It was very snappy and fast. Super responsive. Even with a single speaker it gets very loud. Clarity of the screen is fine for anyones needs. It;s definitely the V20 or the IP7+ for me. Leaning more towards the V20. I really need to know how the battery life is on it before I decide.

Jagadalic

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site

During the first recall i used the 7 plus for a couple of days but ended up returning it due to how big it was.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

I did. Went with 7 plus 256gb. The iPhone is faster, much faster. Screen is not as good. Camera is very good but not as good in low light. I think the design is solid, I don't feel like it is going to break if I breathe on it wrong. Apps seem to be stronger and look better. Touch id it better integrated across most apps that aren't on Android. Battery is better for me. Icloud is nice, I've not had to deal with iTunes at all or plug into my computer like many people seem to believe. GPS and navigation seem to be better. Speaker is louder and sound much better. You seem to have a negative opinion on Apple or the iPhone so not sure why you are asking. Both phones are great in their own ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.