Old Information about the Note 7 Recall

Status
Not open for further replies.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Re: How many are switching from N7 to Iphone 7 Plus?

I've had a 7 Plus for a couple weeks now and like it quite a bit. I always keep an iOS and Android device so I'm not really switching. If the Note 7 wasn't plagued with the issues that are currently present it is easily my favorite phone ever. Going to sadly return my Note 7 to AT&T tomorrow and hope for a full refund. I do not want to exchange as there isn't really another device out that I want right now. Had the S7e and gave it to wife. Only other phone I would be interested in now is possibly the Pixel XL. If I can get a refund I'll order a Pixel XL when it is available.

sparkomatic

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site

I exchanged my recalled Note 7 for an iPhone 7 256GB in black over the weekend. Long time iPhone user and heavy in the Apple eco-system. My last Android experience was a rooted Galaxy S3 which I really liked at the time.

Had an iPhone 6 before getting the Note and I really really liked the Note 7. Wasn't using the s-pen a whole lot but thought I eventually would use it more. In terms of size, it just felt smaller than an iPhone Plus which was another big plus.

For me, there was no other Android phone that I wanted to go to right now. The Edge's OS was a step behind the Note with some features. I used an Edge as a loaner phone after recall #1. I also tried a Nexus 6P which felt really big for me. I did like Nougat on it though! But TW wasn't too bad either.

Overall, it was pretty easy to transition to Android. Most everything for me is with Google so it wasn't as big of a deal as it was years ago. The only really bad part was iMessage. My wife is on an iPhone so we were having some struggles there...haha

It's comfortable to be back on iOS but I will say that Android had some really nice features. The AOD of the Note was awesome! Wireless charging was a plus. Samsung Pay was a good one too. Oh, and I really like my moto 360 better than my Apple Watch. Unfortunately, there's something going on with the Android Wear app on iOS right now so I can't pair it up. Might have to go a Series 2 if it's not fixed.

That's my 2 cents!

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site

Time to buy some Apple stock for the blow out iPhone sales! Thank you Samsung for making my IP7+ purchase free.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
re: What replacement phone are you considering or have you already chosen?

It was snappier than my N7. It was very noticeable even though it didn't have much installed on it.

Well, having less installed on it will definitely help performance, but all reports say that on average, the response of the V20 is much better than the N7.

Roman Akert

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site

I looked at the 7 and 7Plus.

Ugly with those thick bezels. Real design disaster sorry.

I am sure it's a good phone otherwise.

No1up

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: OK, so now what?

I mean I'll keep it if they will update it, but it looks like it's all but dead.. they need to make it officia! I'll be picking up an iPhone 7 until the note 8

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Time to switch

they seem to burn / explode just as frequently as the Note7 :-/

Yea I think my 1st S7e was about to burn up. I'm just glad the screen craped out before that happened.
That thing use to get so hot I would have to take it out of my pocket or stop using it for awhile. I'm not kidding I've posted a few videos of the screen...scary times. My 2nd S7E has been great and is now in my wife's hands.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

Never used an iPhone, never will.

During the first recall I bought the iPhone 7. A week later I traded it in for the 7 plus 32gb. 2 days later I traded that in for the 128 gb version. Yes it's no Note 7 but it's been working fine. It takes some getting used to though. I still have my black N7 and I'm awaiting its sentence. If all is good, I'll keep it. If not, I have 11 days to return it.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site

Lgv20 for me....I thought about iPhone 7 but I'll be giving up so many features on a iPhone 7 for no reason .....atleast with the V 20 I pick up the hifi dac and Ir blaster.....iPhone I lose those and even fast charging....Too many things going out the window with the iPhone and on top of that a 1080p display and smaller screen ....No thanks

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site

Apple, FAA Investigating After iPhone Catches Fire Mid-Flight - NBC News

https://9to5mac.com/2016/08/02/iphone-6-fire-cycling-fall-australia/

Samsung’s iPhone 7 Rival Faces Global Recall After Fire Reports

Apple iPhones are now EXPLODING - should you be worried? | Tech | Life & Style | Daily Express

<sigh>... all I can say is that I think it's going to be really hard for ANY of these Smartphone manufacturers to prove that the problems came from physical damage as opposed to manufacturing defect, even if that is the case...

I don't remember hearing so many stories about Flaming Phones of any kind when they had removable batteries... just a thought.

Unless forced; not giving up my GN7. I *feel* (and admit I could be wrong) that this is all just a bunch of hype and hysteria anymore, but only time will tell...

Sad for Samsung. I disagree that they made a bad situation worse somehow. I believe they did the absolute best they could under the circumstances. I hope they can recover from this... that's just me, though.

Still luvin' my Sexy Silver Sizzler!

Dr Claw

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site

I'm in the same boat. I have no idea what to do. To make it worse, I already sold my MXPE and the only other phone I want (Axon 7) doesn't even bloody work on Verizon. This whole situation has been just awful.

And this is why carrier-specific phones need to go. Verizon and their CDMA BS...

dannydyn

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site

I'd rather go to a Motorola Razor flip phone than switch to that degenerate ecosystem.

audri5

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site

I do. Back in the day when the phone caught fire they would say you had gotten a cheap replacement battery from China off eBay or something. Even when people said they didn't the company's would say they didn't believe it. Now that the phones are sealed they can't deny culpability any more.

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

stay away from the 7 plus or the 7 as i have the 6 plus and my brother got the 7 plus and it is so slow but for me it is a boring phone. If you like boring then get it and if you like slowness then get it and if you like to be locked down then get it otherwise do like me and stay away.

Plus next year the iphone 8 is supposed to be the big change since it is there 10th year thing. But it is so much like my 6 plus there is no reason for it.

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

stay away from the 7 plus or the 7 as i have the 6 plus and my brother got the 7 plus and it is so slow but for me it is a boring phone. If you like boring then get it and if you like slowness then get it and if you like to be locked down then get it otherwise do like me and stay away.

Plus next year the iphone 8 is supposed to be the big change since it is there 10th year thing. But it is so much like my 6 plus there is no reason for it.

Slow? Sorry but the iPhone 7 plus is not slow. It is the fastest phone out today. It blows my N7 out of the water.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

I do. Back in the day when the phone caught fire they would say you had gotten a cheap replacement battery from China off eBay or something. Even when people said they didn't the company's would say they didn't believe it. Now that the phones are sealed they can't deny culpability any more.

I remember when people had problems with their phones, that was the first accusation. Now it's charging cables.

angiebugg

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

I am anti-apple and i have been considering a 7+. My one big issue is that I am all gmail all google and i don't want an iTunes account and all the apple goop. I am thinking pixel xl, I love htc and have watched a few hundred YouTube videos on it and it looks awesome. Just timing....oct 20th?

Status
Not open for further replies.