Old Information about the Note 7 Recall

Status
Not open for further replies.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: How many are switching from N7 to Iphone 7 Plus?

I am anti-apple and i have been considering a 7+. My one big issue is that I am all gmail all google and i don't want an iTunes account and all the apple goop. I am thinking pixel xl, I love htc and have watched a few hundred YouTube videos on it and it looks awesome. Just timing....oct 20th?

There is no requirement to use iTunes...just sayin But if the Pixel will work for you do it.

sparkomatic

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site

Those bezels make is so good for gaming even if it makes the phone larger than it needs to be for general use.

That edge to edge display on the Note was pretty sweet. Excellent screen too. I'll have the upgrade option in a year so we'll see if Samsung can wow me again with the Note 8 or if the iPhone 8 will live up to the 10th anniversary hype!

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: Samsung urges everyone to turn off their Note 7

How the hell did this happen? I wonder how many heads will roll over this. I still can't fathom the monumental effort to recall millions of phones only to discover the problem wasn't fixed. I strongly suspect a major rush job that failed to identify the cause of the battery fires.

Truly bewildering.

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: Statement from Samsung

Really? Do you think the carriers are going to go though another recall...I mean risk a 3rd recall? The N7 is done, it's over time to move on.

AT&T won't sell the phone any more. They already sent a bulletin to all stores to stop selling and send all advertising stuff back to Corporate. Even if they fix the phone AT&T is dead set on not selling that model any more.

Treonday

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site

And so it ends. I had a pretty good time with my N7. It had everything except proper quality control. It's a shame Samsung couldn't figure that part out. I'll probably hold off on investing in another Samsung phone for a bit. Oh well.

dannydyn

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
Re: Why don't you get a Note 4 instead ?

I upgraded to the N7 from a N4.... it started to get laggy and the battery would barely last a few short hours. Granted I can get a new battery, but after having the Note 7 for a month, boy this will be one big downgrade. I think I'll go back to the Note 4 until I can get my hands on a V20.

weave majjik

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

AT&T won't sell the phone any more. They already sent a bulletin to all stores to stop selling and send all advertising stuff back to Corporate. Even if they fix the phone AT&T is dead set on not selling that model any more.
I am not paying 700-900 for any phone out now or in the next thirty days for a downgrade. And everything out or coming out is indeed a downgrade. I knew this was inevitable, but man does it suck. Count me in the $150 plus in useless accessories from Amazon Club.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site

So Note7 owners, what will you get instead?

iPhone 7+ 256GB I figured it was time to try something new again. It's a nice phone if you're not into rooting and launchers, so far it's been working for me. I still have my LGV10, so I'm not iPhone for life. Just iPhone for now. :)

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

I am not paying 700-900 for any phone out now or in the next thirty days for a downgrade. And everything out or coming out is indeed a downgrade. I knew this was inevitable, but man does it suck. Count me in the $150 plus in useless accessories from Amazon Club.

I hear ya. I had a few things I bought for the Note too. :(.

Kermy

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site

With a lot of Note users ticked off about the likely second recall, how many of you are simply going to the iPhone 7 Plus now? Is it a big downgrade?

I can tell you I did. I went from iPhone 6 to Note 7 then during the recall I went to iPhone 7 Plus. Glad I didn't wait for the "fixed" Note 7.

RadeonHD4250

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Re: Why don't you get a Note 4 instead ?

I'm still on my Note 4. I'm glad I didn't make the jump. I had no real reason to.

I use my phone for phone calls, texting, surfing the Web, and basic media consumption.

Barely experience any lag and my battery life is phenomenal.

Attachments

• 10069.jpg
    10069.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 23

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: Samsung urges everyone to turn off their Note 7

Wow. I wonder what went wrong between the Edge 7 and Note 7.

As users we only care about spec's but there's so many design decisions that can end up being the root cause for this catastrophe.

Was it the USB-C charging circuit? Was it the lack of proper heatsinks? I'm curious to know what actually changed between these two phones that led to this.

It has to be more than just bad batteries. Lithium ion is mature tech, I highly doubt this is just battery manufacturing mistakes, it's a design issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci