Old Information about the Note 7 Recall

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadeonHD4250

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Re: Why don't you get a Note 4 instead ?

I am running the Custom Note 7 port.

So while I may not have an official Note 7, I get to enjoy most of the cool software enhancements which this phone is more than capable of running.

I get better battery life running the enhanced software with more features versus that garbage they left stock Note 4's on.

The Note 4 was one of the worst treated "flagship" devices of its time. 😟
Thank goodness for the extended support from the community.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Statement from Samsung

Does the s7 edge use wireless charging? I don't know much about the the s7 edge is that the edge is way more pronounced than the N7 and I don't like that. 😕

BarfingMonkey

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Re: OK, so now what?

The only thing Samsung has impressed me with so far is their ability to make a bad situation worse.
What do you expect them to do?
Amy scenario would have been bad according to your blanket statement. (Inappropriate language removed by moderator moderator)happens.

Last edited by a moderator:

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Samsung urges everyone to turn off their Note 7

I'm keeping mine till it either explodes or gets shut off with an update. Will be forced into the LG V20 then I guess. Since no other phone comes close to the 7. The Pixel XL looks too much like an Iphone on front so thats out.
Sad but maybe true. The V20 though:

Bigger than N7

40% less battery life

Grainy low light pics

Weaker display

No pen

No dust or water resistance

No hardware display scaling. Huge loss.

Navigation bar taking 15% of display space for a lot of apps.

Seems a big let down. If priced similar to the Note 7, a big slap to the face as well.

Could care less about the DACs. Note 7 sounds fantastic and have no desire to use a battery draining powered DAC to push high impedance headphones. My Grados are just fine at the house with me home system.

Pixel ain't happening since no SD slot and same space hogging navigation bar. Ditto on the 7E, since half the internal storage and I do not like the even sharper edge than the Note 7. Distorts video and too easy to touch with games.

My MXPE I gave gave to my son IMO is better than any of those. Even prefer my Note 4.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Statement from Samsung

EXACTLY why is everyone jumping the gun here? There's no recall (yet) and they are still investigating. Why don't we all start worrying when there's some legit info?
Carriers halting sales and exchanges and Samsung asking users to stop using the phone is about as legit as it gets.

jj2339

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: OK, so now what?

It sucks, no other phone out there that I want, and I have a bunch of accessories now that won't do anything. Sigh

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: Why don't you get a Note 4 instead ?

Is battery life better on the note 4 or 5? I have an s6 and battery life is worse than any phone I've ever used.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site

Sad but maybe true. The V20 though:

Bigger than N7

40% less battery life

Grainy low light pics

Weaker display

No pen

No dust or water resistance

Navigation bar taking 15% of display space for a lot of apps.

Seems a big let down. If priced similar to the Note 7, a big slap to the face as well.

Could care less about the DACs. Note 7 sounds fantastic and have no desire to use a battery draining powered DAC to push high impedance headphones. My Grados are just fine at the house with me home system.

Pixel ain't happening since no SD slot.

I personally don't get why anyone that loved the Note7 wouldn't go with an S7 Edge instead if they choose to part with the Note7. It's basically the exact same phone without the S-Pen. In fact, initially many were complaining that the Note 7isn't different enough from the S7 Edge at launch. The Pixel and V20 talk confounds me coming from Note7 fans. To each their own I guess.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
re: What replacement phone are you considering or have you already chosen?

Well, this discussion was based on "depending on what Samsung does"....

Now we know what Samsung is saying as of this evening: "Power down your N7 and bring it in for exchange or refund."

I guess this process of choosing another phone just gotten more real for us.

Frankly, although I've loved the N7, it will be nice to have this behind me.

But, I have to choose.....

:):):)

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

I personally don't get why anyone that loved the Note7 wouldn't go with an S7 Edge instead if they choose to part with the Note7. It's basically the exact same phone without the S-Pen. In fact, initially many were complaining that the Note 7isn't different enough from the S7 Edge at launch. The Pixel and V20 talk confounds me coming from Note7 fans. To each their own I guess.
Half the internal storage space

The edge is too pronounced. Almost twice as much as the Note 7. Distorts games and video. Sides of web pages are not readable unless scrolled. Bluesnews is good example.

No pen

No hardware scaling

The low light pics are not as good as Note 7, but still way better than the V20.

Status
Not open for further replies.