Old Information about the Note 7 Recall

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
re: What replacement phone are you considering or have you already chosen?

Well, this discussion was based on "depending on what Samsung does"....

Now we know what Samsung is saying as of this evening: "Power down your N7 and bring it in for exchange or refund."

I guess this process of choosing another phone just gotten more real for us.

Frankly, although I've loved the N7, it will be nice to have this behind me.

But, I have to choose.....

:):):)

I agree with you - stop all the drama. The next important piece is what device is next?? V20? 7+? I don' want a S7 as they are "old" in device standards.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Re: Samsung urges everyone to turn off their Note 7

It's possible the S7edge will explode too, and there has been,like a couple of cases where it Has, as well as an Active. I'm not taking any chances. I just put in my Note 7 SIM card into my Note 5. I'll wait to see what the LG V 20 brings, but I'm really not a fan of rear fingerprint scanners, but it seems that's the whole new trend now. Pixel, doesn't have a microsd card slot. I'm going to miss the s-pen, water resistance, bigger battery.

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: Why don't you get a Note 4 instead ?

I have a 4 and a 5 and the battery is better on the 4.

Ugh, I don't want to give up my note 7. If I have to go back to my crapy s6 with 6 hours of battery life, small screen, no s-pen and only 32gb that are always full I'm going to cry.

Momof9Blessings

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Re: Why don't you get a Note 4 instead ?

after the 1st recal, I went back to my Note 4, it was pure torture... I LOVED my 1st Note 7.... I was having some odd issues with my replacement.... turned it in earlier today at BestBuy..... I am now trying a Moto Z Force.... :)

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Re: I've got two words for Samsung....................

It will never happen. Besides, they are finally looking at the design of the circuitry around the battery, rather than the battery itself...

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Statement from Samsung

EXACTLY why is everyone jumping the gun here? There's no recall (yet) and they are still investigating. Why don't we all start worrying when there's some legit info?

Samsung has indicated no confidence in the safety of the replacements and they have halted production. That means game over, sadly.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

CSPC did not ban it. Yet. Samsung can kiss about five billion dollars goodbye whatever the result now. Lost sales and the recall costs incurred.

How are them there sealed batteries working for them now? Probably an 80 million dollar problem with non sealed battery. That extra 4.92 billion would be nice to have.

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site

Thank you Samsung, my first Note phone (besides my temporary Note 4 I bought for a month) and this happens. I am now with the iPhone 7 Plus. Nice doing business with you. Hopefully what ever you had in store for the S8, you stopped it and realized, it needs to be even better than the original plan.

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site

The Note line is at its end sad since its the best phone I've ever had. No other phone compares. Yet will be forced into something I hate for the next 10 months till I upgrade again. Been watching with a very sad face the V20 reviews and google pixel XL phones you can't even get yet and I hate both of them. Apple is out so thats a no go. First world problems I guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.