Old Information about the Note 7 Recall

Status
Not open for further replies.

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: Statement from Samsung

What's even worse than the note 7 death is the device choices avail this month ND coming weeks. How could the choices be so poor right now?? First time EVER my mind gave iPhone a thought for a few quick seconds. We are SCREWED!!

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site

What's even worse than the note 7 death is the device choices avail this month ND coming weeks. How could the choices be so poor right now?? First time EVER my mind gave iPhone a thought for a few quick seconds. We are SCREWED!!
I bought an HTC 10 while it was still on sale for $550.

I'm just tired of hunting for the best phone, life goes on.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site

I'm heading to lgv20 iPhone has wayyyyy too many pitfalls for me....

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: OK, so now what?

I might go back to the MXPE. $400 and drama free. Stereo speakers and same storage space.
That's exactly what I'll be doing tomorrow until I figure out what's next. May go with the Pixel XL, may look at the V20, but I'm putting my sim back in my MXPE tomorrow and will just use that for the time being.

budven

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site

I believe that if Samsung doesn't offer a free phone they will lose a lot of customers. I don't have a phone to fall back to I have to replace my phone. If I get a free phone I can hold on until the next note replacement comes out. If I don't get a free phone I will move on. To me its all about customer retention. We see...

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

Looks like this return process is going to give me the blues this time around. I called att to see if I will be able to just get a refund instead of exchange because there is no other phone I want. She said that it would be up to whatever store I go to manager if they will give me a refund or just force me to exchange. This is complete bs. It will be just my luck that I go to the store with the a hole manager who will try to make me do an exchange. Just an FYI att cannot do any exchanges or anything dealing with the note over the phone.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Statement from Samsung

That's fine and dandy, but what if there is a forced update that disables your Note 7? And, even if there isn't, your Note 7 will not be worth any money at all to trade in or resell when you get the S8

Good points :). My guess is they might, but just need time to see if they plan on doing that soon. They did it before, so will again.

I will never buy another Samsung if a sealed battery. The bridge is burned in that regard and confident I am not alone there. This is coming from a Note 7 fanboy.

Folks do know there have been 7E fires too? Just not as common in the news. My guess is the battery issue has yet to mature in its totality.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Good points :). My guess is they might, but just need time to see if they plan on doing that soon.

I will never buy another Samsung if a sealed battery. The bridge is burned in that regard and confident I am not alone there. This is coming from a Note 7 fanboy.

Folks do know there have been 7E fires too? Just not as common in the news. My guess is the battery issue has yet to mature in its totality.

I've heard of 2. Total in the entire year - and while I obviously can't say for sure, they're way more likely to be the result of damage or abuse than these Note 7 ones. But reports of these weren't hitting mainstream news every time they happened prior to the Note 7, so let's say there were 50 in a year - still way less than the Note 7 with over 50 times more devices in the wild than the Note 7.

Tmwjam

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
Re: How many are switching from N7 to Iphone 7 Plus?

I turned in my note 7 on 1st recall wife got iPhone 7 I just took her iPhone 6S plus i do miss the note sometimes but honestly some of my favorite apps work better on IOS. Just passing time for now no more notes for me right now maybe iPhone 8 will wow me with a lot of new features since its,their,10th anniversary. Only time will tell

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Statement from Samsung

After getting used to the amazing low light pics and the equally amazing battery life in FHD mode (display still amazing in FHD), I am just going to go back to my Note 4. The V20 IMO has too many compromises in comparison and is not worth $890 counting tax. No way near it. Especially with weak battery life, bigger and grainy low light pics.

My Note 4 seems the better option since paid for. Thank heavens for the replaceable battery or that would be battery life toast now.

BuckyBadg

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site

(Saying this, hunched-over in case I get hit.) Son has an iPhone 7-Plus. Comparing it to my Note 5, the screen resolution and camera are comparable but the speed and battery life are frickin' awesome. To the Apple bashers, don't be too close minded. It may not be your first choice, but it's still impressive and worth consideration.

Milt K

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site

That's fine and dandy, but what if there is a forced update that disables your Note 7? And, even if there isn't, your Note 7 will not be worth any money at all to trade in or resell when you get the S8

I would think there would be a lot of regulatory hoops to go through for them to justify gimping thousands of devices in the USA. Not that it wouldn't happen as it's easy enough to treat all Note 7s are stolen, give the IMEI to GSMA, and deny service en masse. It's just would appear to be a regulatory nightmare to do it. They can do an update like they did in South Korea and gimp the Note 7 to 60% max battery...but that'll just mean I'll have the same capacity as a V20 LOL.

As for resale, I don't buy phones for that. I'll just turn the Note 7 in for a refund once the S8 comes out and buy that with the proceeds. So far there has been no official expiration date for the return.

Jedi215

May 31, 2013
Visit site

I wanna keep this, but what about Nougat? If they release it for the Note 7 I'll be happy. I hope VZ does anyway.

audri5

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site

They are paying you back for accessories as well

I haven't been able to get that. T-Mobile won't unless you got the accessories from them. Samsung said they were putting a credit on my account for $25 but nothing about accessories.

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

Since I hate the LG v20 and Google pixel phones and Apple is a BIG no. I may just go back to my 1996 era Nokia phone that literally weighed as much as a brick,

Of those 3, am going to look at the Pixel(pending reviews). Not a fan of a few things about it, but maybe something different will be worth it. Unlocked via Google for updates.

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

I believe that if Samsung doesn't offer a free phone they will lose a lot of customers. I don't have a phone to fall back to I have to replace my phone. If I get a free phone I can hold on until the next note replacement comes out. If I don't get a free phone I will move on. To me its all about customer retention. We see...
I am not usually into the freebies or the "they owe me attitude" kind of guy but I am pretty bitter after this one. I have been jacked around for months now from this N7 and wasted countless hours at BB from. Samsung F-up. Even though Samsung didn't purposely set out to screw us...... I feel screwed and have a bad taste in my mouth now when I hear the name Samsung. And the lack of good replacement choice makes it 100x worse. I wouldn't even have upgraded early if it wasn't for this phone.

Who is going to pay for my anger, most likely Samsung and I am sure many will feel the same way. I can't believe Samsung isn't giving some sort of incentive to get N7 owners to jump to another Samsung device. They can stick the 25$ gift card up their a$$! Phones are a major part of out life's these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.