Old Information about the Note 7 Recall

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Statement from Samsung

I have both phones here still i have the 1st one and now got my replacement phone. I will keep 1 of these and hope sprint gives me something for the hassle of keeping these phones here.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site

I wanna keep this, but what about Nougat? If they release it for the Note 7 I'll be happy. I hope VZ does anyway.

Samsung is telling people to stop using the phone, power it down, and get a refund. They have stopped sales worldwide. It's not going to get Nougat.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site

I will keep 1 of these and hope sprint gives me something for the hassle of keeping these phones here.

You've been given the opportunity to return the phone for a refund or exchange it for a different phone. It's your fault for not taking either of those options. If you keep a Note 7, you've chosen the "hassle".

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Son has an Iphone 7-Plus. Comparing it to my Note 5, the screen resolution and camera are comparable but the speed and battery life are frickin' awesome. So, to the Apple bashers, don't be too close minded.

How is this being close minded?

64gb more storage for less cost

Same battery life in FHD mode and still looks better

Better overall camera

No iTunes to depend on

File drag and drop

True OTG support

Gear VR (VR looks awful splitting 1080p on iPhone)

No pen

No emulators (tons of great ones)

Oh, and no headphone jack

True display and app customization

Flash support (still works great)

Respectfully, seems you have to be closed minded to prefer the iPhone 7 over the Note 7 ;)

chubz#IM

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: Samsung urges everyone to turn off their Note 7

Maybe the time of "form over function" needs to be reworked. They are building these devices smaller and smaller and with such tolerences for what? A few millimeters of savings?

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
re: What replacement phone are you considering or have you already chosen?

Yeah, I can't decide between the three phones. Pixel XL, LG V20, and IP7+. Part of me is leaning now towards iphone, because I've had many and I am comfortable with them. I've never owned an LG and with the Pixel being Google's first actual phone, that scares me a little.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

The Note line is at its end sad since its the best phone I've ever had. No other phone compares. Yet will be forced into something I hate for the next 10 months till I upgrade again. Been watching with a very sad face the V20 reviews and google pixel XL phones you can't even get yet and I hate both of them. Apple is out so thats a no go. First world problems I guess...

You should be able to return it for a refund and have your upgrade date reset.

hou33guy

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site

Lg v20 since att not getting pixel xl only verizon which totally sucks google

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
OK, so now what?

I hope they rename the Note 8 since the name has been tarnished.....S8 Pro......

There line should consist of S8 (5.1 in),S8 edge (5.5 in), S8 pro w/s-pen (6 in)

OUGrad05

May 24, 2014
Visit site

So there were 90+ incidents for this phone, I don't remember there being anywhere close to that many on the iPhone...

Relatively small percentage, perhaps a recall wasn't in order originally but they "fixed" the problem way too quickly to be a real fix. They recalled them which put them under a microscope. The S7 and S7 Edge have had some fires too but perhaps far more limited? There's always going to be a few issues like this, using bad chargers or just having a bad phone from time to time. I'm not sure how you fix this problem going forward given the small percentage of impacted phones even with really good QC, I'm not sure how you stop it.

OUGrad05

May 24, 2014
Visit site

Yeah, I can't decide between the three phones. Pixel XL, LG V20, and IP7+. Part of me is leaning now towards iphone, because I've had many and I am comfortable with them. I've never owned an LG and with the Pixel being Google's first actual phone, that scares me a little.
I just can't get onboard with the iPhone. Good product no doubt but the SAR values are at the upper end of the legal limit and as much time as both my wife and myself spend on our phones (I try to use speaker or headphones) it's simply not a phone I'm willing to consider.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Re: OK, so now what?

I believe that if Samsung doesn't offer a free phone they will lose a lot of customers. I don't have a phone to fall back to I have to replace my phone. If I get a free phone I can hold on until the next note replacement comes out. If I don't get a free phone I will move on. To me its all about customer retention. We see...

If they offer a free phone it will be the silly J series....will you enjoy that awful device.....

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Doesn't blow up tho.
The 7plus camera is just as good as the s7/note 7 camera

Certain features are pretty awesome on the 7+ camera, portrait mode looks awesome, etc. The display on the iPhone 7 and 7+ is also better than literally everything, so is the SoC for the purposes that they use it for. Aside from that, I'd have a hard time recommending the 7+ since there are other devices that match or beat it in most other areas.

The Note 7 was one of those until it actually released, and while the Note 7 was the best Android available for a very brief time, it's obviously a non-starter now and all of it's Android competition doesn't match up on things like the s-pen, IP68, wireless charging and until the Pixel, there wasn't another Android realistically challenging the Note 7 camera. The HTC 10 had an equally great sensor, but Samsung's software was better and especially the speed of the camera.

I wouldn't want this situation to happen to any OEM, and none could absorb it like Samsung will - but they're also the worst case scenario because IMO, no OEM - possibly including Google - has done as much for Android as Samsung.

cinnamin

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site

What's even worse than the note 7 death is the device choices avail this month ND coming weeks. How could the choices be so poor right now?? First time EVER my mind gave iPhone a thought for a few quick seconds. We are SCREWED!!
I agree.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Statement from Samsung

Doesn't blow up tho.
The 7plus camera is just as good as the s7/note 7 camera

My Note 4 is better than the iPhone 7. Besides the camera and battery life not being as good, the Note 4 still covers the other things listed above. The iPhone is a constrained device in comparison as clearly pointed out above.

BTW, the Note 7 is not blowing up. It is a chemical anode cathode short, resulting in burning and smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MOSHE TVITO