Status
Not open for further replies.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Statement from Samsung

I expect the Note7 to be banned and IMEIs blocked. Return now or wait until you can't use it on a cellular network anymore.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

I'm no longer allowed to have a different opinion so I'll just leave with this...Samsung has done everything short of brick these phones to force their non use. Turn them off and turn them in and move on...like me. Ban shields up.

Sorry to hear you say that - everyone is free to think whatever they want to think and discuss their position. Shoot me an email if you want to discuss further, I'm not clear on what prompted you to say that. matt.luciano@mobilenations.com.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: OK, so now what?

Which phone is in the same class as the note 7 water resistant etc??

Posted via Android Central App

Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge have the same camera, same IP68 water resistance, very close to the same AMOLED screen, and the same CPU/RAM. Minus a few software differences, S-Pen, and .2 inches, the S7 Edge is very close.

andrewg13

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site

I really hated to turn my N7 in but I travel for work and the upcoming holidays. Just didn't want to deal with the hassle. Both my original and replacement N7 worked flawlessly.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Apparently the FAA was in disbelief at the time of my flights as well.

To be clear, I'm not accusing you of anything. I'm talking about this in a totally abstract sense - I have no idea what your level of knowledge is or what your motivations are, etc. If it came off as judging, that's not my intention and I apologize.

screwhead728

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: What replacement phone are you considering or have you already chosen?

How is AT&T going to let me exchange to the iPhone 7 Plus when they don't have it available at this time?

103Softail

May 6, 2016
Visit site

Best phone I've ever used. Not a problem with this replacement nor original. Won't go back to iphone since 4, Android experience is much better. Guess I won't be selling the s7 edge after all. Although house is fully insured & a new one would be nice. Hmm, think I'll put this Note 7 on to charge!

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site

I decided on the v20 but what do I do? I got my n7 at best buy and they don't have v20's listed on their site! Plus I don't have a backup phone until I get something? Don't really want a s7edge

Milt K

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site

Not everyone wants the latest and greatest. I change my phone every year for a new Note since the first Note. Have you not been reading these posts? Some didn't even get the Note 5, they stayed with their Note 4 and then switched when the Note 7 came out. It's not a threat, it's us venting about how a company that screwed up twice isn't trying to make things right by their customers.

When people say "Samsung has lost me forever", or "I'll never trust Samsung again" to effect how is it not a threat? After being able to triple-dip on the Gear Fit2, 256GB SD card, and Gear VR promotions through this entire ordeal, what more do you want? The value of the promotions pretty much offsets the price of a new Note. I guess some people will never be satisfied unless they want a personal apology or a free upgrade lol. Of course they want a free upgrade plus the chance to get a refund their current Note 7s too.

I understand the need to vent but such drama is unnecessary :p

Last edited:

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

To be clear, I'm not accusing you of anything. I'm talking about this in a totally abstract sense - I have no idea what your level of knowledge is or what your motivations are, etc. If it came off as judging, that's not my intention and I apologize.
You're not??

Not sure how much more clear I can be, that the FAA had not yet (still has not) banned the replacement phones. And at the time of my flights, Samsung was still silent (and STILL has not verified they were replacement phones).

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

I decided on the v20 but what do I do? I got my n7 at best buy and they don't have v20's listed on their site! Plus I don't have a backup phone until I get something? Don't really want a s7edge
I'm using a cheap at&t go windows phone to get me by till I get something.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

You're not??

Not sure how much more clear I can be, that the FAA had not yet (still has not) banned the replacement phones. And at the time of my flights, Samsung was still silent (and STILL has not verified they were replacement phones).

Right, I'm stating that IF a person knew the phones were at elevated risk of fire and IF they realized that an aircraft in flight is one of the worst places for a fire to occur and they consciously chose to ignore the implications of the combination of those two thoughts and put others at risk without the express consent of those others, that regardless of any official direction from any authority, from an ethics standpoint, that decision is precluded from being described as valid.

I am not suggesting that you met all three of those characteristics because I don't have ESP and it doesn't really matter since the much more important thing in a tangible sense is that you and everyone else on each of those flights made it off the flight safely and without incident.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site

I expect the Note7 to be banned and IMEIs blocked. Return now or wait until you can't use it on a cellular network anymore.

Sure that won't happen within a 6 week period at least....take your time until you actually get the device you want people

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site

Mod Note: Lets keep the discussion civil please. If there is a problem with a post then please report it so the Mod team can take a look. We should be discussing the topic and not each other. Thank you.

wirelessgal

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site

I highly recommend the S7 Edge. I bought the Note 7 on launch day. Tried it out and I found my Note 5 to be more comfortable to hold. There were other reasons why I decided to keep my Note 5 and S7 Edge and return the Note 7. I love my S7 Edge. I think it's a bit faster than the Note 7. Everything else is about the same except your missing the S pen and slightly larger screen.

Good luck everyone.

ray689

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site

Nobody said that.

Unless you were using your phone to bore or torture yourself, then you know exactly what I'm talking about.

You can make as many excuses as you want, but you were being selfish. If someone with an iPhone or other phone had ended up burning down your plane because their phone caught on fire and they were using it after they knew there were problems with it catching fire, they knew they really weren't supposed to be using it, AND they were instructed not to use it, I'm sure you would have no problem saying they were being selfish. But you probably wouldn't be able to say that because you'd likely be dead.

I think you are being a little hard on him here. You know, people are also told to put their phones in airplane mode prior to take off. Do you think everyone on the flight actually does that? I bet there are many who wouldn't even know how to do it on their device.

Status
Not open for further replies.