Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Re: LG V20 or Google Pixel?

So if I read you correctly it could go either way with Android 8.0 compatibility with the 810 and 820 depending on the release date.

release date and other factors yes. I'm not saying it won't or can't happen, but the only way to be sure (after seeing what was done with the 800 and Android N) is to buy the very latest Qualcomm processor.

I can't wait for the day when this becomes less of a problem.

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Re: What would you replace your Note 7 with?

I got the iPhone 7 plus a few days ago and surprisingly and shockingly I like it, gonna return my note 7 tomorrow... Hopefully the s8 isn't plagued with recalls

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site

Genuinely sad to this happening as this had been the best phone I have ever used till date. I honestly can't see any similar experience in any other device in the market which raises a question:

What would be your replacement should the replacements are confirmed to be unsafe?

I highly doubt a second global recall would happen although I would so keep the phone and wait for another replacement should Samsung decide to do so.

Some people are suggesting the S7 edge but after using the Note 7, the feel of the S7 edge in the hand seems odd. Never been an iPhone fan but it looks like I am going to have to grab Apple's 'toy' after all... Until a dual lens Note 8?

Would love to hear your thoughts.

7 plus is a great device I highly recommend it

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site

Genuinely sad to this happening as this had been the best phone I have ever used till date. I honestly can't see any similar experience in any other device in the market which raises a question:

What would be your replacement should the replacements are confirmed to be unsafe?

I highly doubt a second global recall would happen although I would so keep the phone and wait for another replacement should Samsung decide to do so.

Some people are suggesting the S7 edge but after using the Note 7, the feel of the S7 edge in the hand seems odd. Never been an iPhone fan but it looks like I am going to have to grab Apple's 'toy' after all... Until a dual lens Note 8?

Would love to hear your thoughts.

Sadly I was at Verizon today. I am not an Apple fan. I love Android devices and Samsung. I have used Samsung for years... Even before smartphones. I have been with Verizon when it was known as AirTouch.
I chose the Note5 and left with it today. I don't want to wait and see I had no issues with either Note7's, but now I don't think k it's wise to wait. I also spoke with a tech support rep wanting his opinion. Suggested to trade it. The Note5 is a decent phone, Two other people were also in trading their Note 7. It's serious.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

I just returned mine tonight for an s7 edge.not to thrilled. But I did get a FREE TV out of it.apparently it was a promotion for Verizon customers. But the Samsung rep let me have it for sticking with Samsung.

WTF! When i returned mine to Tmobile to purchase an S7 Edge I didn't get offered a free tv :(

antman451

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

I'm tired of this mess. Love, absolutely love the note 7.. but just can't get over this fiasco. Found an iPhone 256gb in gold close to me, handled it, hated it...

Switched over to the s7e..and got my free TV too..

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161011/99da061b6f9cc6bdffafb92e60232a1c.jpg
I'm reluctantly coming to the conclusion that I may need to give up on the N7 and get...I dunno. S7E, I guess, since I'm kind of heavy into the Samsung ecosystem at this point.

My question: how does going through Best Buy work? What's their affiliation with Verizon? I bought my IPhone N7 from the Verizon app...can I end up with a free TV somehow?

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Re: OK.. I accept defeat... but now what?

I have nothing else to use since we just switched carriers

I switched today Note 5 still have a Note and it's nice I had the Note 4 when I got the Note7. Feels nice I am safe with a decent phone and still Sammy

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

Im taking my 7 back tomorrow.
I will just use either my s7 or s7 edge, i really dont want to go away from samsung, i like the set up too much.

S7 Edge FTW! I have my S7 still. VERY smooth running phone and great device BUT the screen is WAY too small. I couldn't put up with it during the first recall when I fired it back up. I had Note 5 and Note 4 before, and the S7 screen was too small after I used it more and had to get the Note 7. My fingers woudl hit two letters when typing.

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site

Have you had a HTC phone before? Are they pretty good? Only phones I've had are Samsung and Motorola.

I haven't had an HTC phone in like 6 years; so I just went by reviews and by all accounts the phone is decent. I got really tired of looking for phones and reading reviews, I just went with what offered the best value for money.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

Same here but I'll give them a bit longer before i make my mind up. I have to do a lot of research on other phones first.
I'm probably going to try out the s7 edge since it's similar. I have a note 5, but I somehow filled up my 64gb so having the SD slot back was welcomed. Even though the s7 edge is only 32, l have this free 256 gb SD card that I can use. If I just go with my n5 my SD card will go to waste.

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site

S7 Edge FTW! I have my S7 still. VERY smooth running phone and great device BUT the screen is WAY too small. I couldn't put up with it during the first recall when I fired it back up. I had Note 5 and Note 4 before, and the S7 screen was too small after I used it more and had to get the Note 7. My fingers woudl hit two letters when typing.

I was considering the s7 edge, but the lg v20 looks like a beast

caveman84

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

Have you had a HTC phone before? Are they pretty good? Only phones I've had are Samsung and Motorola.

Htc10 is real good. Michael Fisher, who I've been following for years, uses htc10 as his daily phone, thats all the endorsement i need. Will probably return my note 7, although it on tmo JOD so i not in a hurry. My replacement note 7 is awesome.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site

I'm probably going to try out the s7 edge since it's similar. I have a note 5, but I somehow filled up my 64gb so having the SD slot back was welcomed. Even though the s7 edge is only 32, l have this free 256 gb SD card that I can use. If I just go with my n5 my SD card will go to waste.

I didn't like the 7edge I had it while waiting on the replacement Note 7 I did choose the Note5 and put the SD card in my Samsung tablet.
I got the 32gig would have had to order the 64gig I use cloud so will be ok. I didn't want the S7 like larger screen and still wanted Samsung. Hated giving up the Note7 I will get the next one but will hold off a bit to make sure. 3 phones since August stressful

WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site

If I have to replace my Note 7 then I want the Pink 7 Edge from Best Buy. But I never gotten a phone from them before. So how would this work out? I'm on the payment plan from Sprint. Would I just get a partial refund of how many months I was paying? And then just go to Best Buy and add the phone to my number?

Chrahviss

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
Re: LG V20 or Google Pixel?

I too am in the same boat as you. As much as I enjoy my note7 it is starting to become more of a social inconvenience. I do hope that this blows over instead of blowing up (pun definitely intended) though as I don't feel that any of the other phones out on the market today can really keep up with the note7. And I'd rather not sacrifice performance, which does unfortunately include not being able to use my phone on a plane. I know this post probably doesn't push you in any direction, but I figure my thoughts with my similar predicament could help at least a little.

E Padilla

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: OK, so now what?

Actually, I'm kinda curious about the people who bought their Note 7s through craigslist, swappa, ebay, random guy on the street. Are those people simply SOL?

Status
Not open for further replies.