Old Information about the Note 7 Recall

Status
Not open for further replies.

E Padilla

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: OK.. I accept defeat... but now what?

I switched today Note 5 still have a Note and it's nice I had the Note 4 when I got the Note7. Feels nice I am safe with a decent phone and still Sammy

It would be even better if Samsung gave the Note 5 the Grace UI and also the software features the Note 7 had.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Re: What would you replace your Note 7 with?

I'm probably going to try out the s7 edge since it's similar. I have a note 5, but I somehow filled up my 64gb so having the SD slot back was welcomed. Even though the s7 edge is only 32, l have this free 256 gb SD card that I can use. If I just go with my n5 my SD card will go to waste.

Yeah I got my note5 still too. Even tho it's a great phone, I just can't seem to get myself to use it since I've been on note7.

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site

I just returned mine tonight for an s7 edge.not to thrilled. But I did get a FREE TV out of it.apparently it was a promotion for Verizon customers. But the Samsung rep let me have it for sticking with Samsung.

We got an s7 at best buy 11 days so and got the TV. Didn't matter carrier...it was best buy deal. Only 720p I my guessed is they are dumping them.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site

Htc10 is real good. Michael Fisher, who I've been following for years, uses htc10 as his daily phone, thats all the endorsement i need. Will probably return my note 7, although it on tmo JOD so i not in a hurry. My replacement note 7 is awesome.

Thanks. Shoot both my original and replacement note7 are awesome. Still waiting for verizon special box to send the 1st one back lol

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: S7 Edge or Note 5?

So after all that happened with Samsung lots of guys are switching to yet another Samsung phone that reportedly overheats at an alarming rate and is also reported to spontaneously burn / blow up. Just spend 5 minutes googling it.

I just don't get it, honestly.
That's our choice. The iPhone are exploding too. Would you still be shocked? Same problem different company.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site

S7 Edge, which I owned since February and kept during this Note7 fiasco instead of sending it back to T-Mobile. Loved it, but loved the Note7 even more.

Very anxious to see what Nokia comes up with.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

So is the s7 edge about the same spec wise as the note 7? I have a note 5 I could go back to but I really don't want my SD card to go to waste.

mvsmith

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site

That's our choice. The iPhone are exploding too. Would you still be shocked? Same problem different company.

I'd also add at least Samsung acknowledges it. Better first time around not so much this time. Too much of us invested in Samsung Wireless chargers too. Only other phones that support it than Samsung is Nexus 5/6 and moto droid turbo 2. I think the moto z force does too.

Treonday

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site

I'm probably headed back to iPhone. This experience has left me with a bad taste in my mouth with regards to Samsung and their products.

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site

S7 edge have been around for almost 6 months and barely 2 to 3 explosion reports have been out there. Yes it heats up but so did my old s6 edge and my work iphone 6... Ialso gave up my replacement note 7 today and got s7 edge pink gold from best today. I'm done with fear and headaches

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

I'd also add at least Samsung acknowledges it. Better first time around not so much this time. Too much of us invested in Samsung Wireless chargers too. Only other phones that support it than Samsung is Nexus 5/6 and moto droid turbo 2. I think the moto z force does too.

Right before I bought the S7 Edge and returned the Note 5 I nearly pulled the trigger on a Iphone 7plus that Sat morning, then I noticed the 128gb was backordered until Oct 5-11 and I had two weddings that week so I didn't want it sitting outside my door and it wouldn't let me pick the option of in store pickup at the Apple Store because it was back ordered. THAT is how close I was to buying a 7 plus but then decided to go with the Edge. Plus, my dad said I'd be complaining after a week I'm bored with IOS.

The Edge isn't a big difference from the Note 7. I find mine to actually be faster and less lag. It still has a large screen too but I miss the larger Note screen. It would be nice if they came out with a new Note version for teh S8 and named it the S8 pro or something but it's way too late in the design process for that. I guess I'll be buying a S8 Edge then.

I wonder what would happen if we start hearing about a ton of meltdowns with the 7 Plus if there would be a government recall. Can you imagine that? How would they replace that many phones in short order since many more iPhones are sold? Imagine if the 7 and 7 plus had the same issue the Note 7 did and Apple has no newer phone to fall back on. At least Samsung has the S7 Edge they can still market since it's fairly new.

I'm sure people would still buy the iturd though even if it combust like the Note 7 does. Heck, I'm sure even a 7 plus after it's melted down someone would pay top dollar for it because it has the apple on it and use it as a collectors item.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

For the Verizon customers that get a free TV with the phone, do you also get a free 256gb SD card or a VR like you can with the S7 Edge from the other carriers when you apply for the Samsung rebate?

bohwat

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
Re: Statement from Samsung

bye note7..

anyway, my samsung tv just died a month ago.. and after note 7 news there is the samsung washing machine news, wonder if there's any relation..

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site

This one is a no-brainer for me in favor of the S7 Edge, though I understand everyone has different needs in a smartphone. I've become too used to the awesomeness of always-on-display since my Nokia Lumia 920 in 2012. The holy trinity of always-on-display, wireless charging, and microSD support are non-negotiable. The Note 5 has just one, while the S7 Edge has all 3.

The aesthetics and curved display are secondary, but also favor the S7 Edge IMO. Though, the Note 5 is of course not a bad looking phone.

I've also used the S7 Edge since February (before I got the Note7), so I have the benefit of having tried and used it for a while and knowing I really like it.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site

I'm probably headed back to iPhone. This experience has left me with a bad taste in my mouth with regards to Samsung and their products.

Personally, there are probably a good 20 phones note named Note7 that I consider superior to the iPhone. Some vastly superior. While I'm a nostalgic person, I don't want a smartphone that's stuck in 2011.

toy4x

May 2, 2011
Visit site

The VR or SD card promo ended 10/9.

I recieved my 256gb card when I preordered the N7. Then the replacement phone had a new receipt, and I used that one to order the VR... it status is shipping now. Now with the new promo, S7 or S7E, I got a tv.

S7E is no where near as nice as the N7. Just setting it up, I'm already missing the Note. I'm still debating on going iphone 7 plus... we'll see how the week goes. And I do get another 14 days to return the S7E, with a $35 restocking fee, but well see how the v20 looks like before 100% comitting to the s7e. The v20 supposed to come out on the 21st.....

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

That's another reason I'm sticking to either my note 5 or getting the s7. I got swindled into buying this wireless charger and I'm going with devices I know will work with it. I don't have to buy all new accessories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20