Old Information about the Note 7 Recall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: OK.. I accept defeat... but now what?

I was considering the s7 edge, but the lg v20 looks like a beast

I would say the phones are a tie, especially when 7.0 comes to the S7. The Edge has AMOLED and water resistance. Does the V20 have the IR blaster still? Just isn't a huge upgrade getting a V20 over an Edge.

One thing I HATE is how iPhones you can find all different style of Defender type cases IN THE STORES for the iphone, yet for the galaxy line, Note you can only find the Defender if you can even find it in stock. Just annoys me iPhone has so many good case choices available in the stores compared to the S7 Edge and Note.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: S7 Edge or Note 5?

That's another reason I'm sticking to either my note 5 or getting the s7. I got swindled into buying this wireless charger and I'm going with devices I know will work with it. I don't have to buy all new accessories.

Get the Edge though and not the regular S7. The regular S7 is a outstanding device BUT you will hate how small the phone is. I wish back in March I bought the S7 Edge instead of the regular S7. I probably wouldn't have got tangled in the Note 7 fiasco because I'd still be using the Edge.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Re: OK, so now what?

Since I hate the LG v20 and Google pixel phones and Apple is a BIG no. I may just go back to my 1996 era Nokia phone that literally weighed as much as a brick,

I got the Note 5 today with turning in my Note7. It's a very decent phone. Glad Verizon had it. Two other customers were there trading too. Customers are listening, taking this serious.

james_1980

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: What would you replace your Note 7 with?

I didn't like the 7edge I had it while waiting on the replacement Note 7 I did choose the Note5 and put the SD card in my Samsung tablet.
I got the 32gig would have had to order the 64gig I use cloud so will be ok. I didn't want the S7 like larger screen and still wanted Samsung. Hated giving up the Note7 I will get the next one but will hold off a bit to make sure. 3 phones since August stressful

I'm holding off also, but very concerned that they will suddenly do another update that limits battery life to 60% or worse bricks the device completely.

Suggestions please on a replacement:
-android
-ideally usb-c as I've invested in new accessories
- and the biggie..... the genuine ability to last for 12 hours (with use) that my Note7 can

Seriously seriously impresses with the battery life. Most other recent smartphones have like 5 hours standby time; this doubles it!

Bertolus

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site

Personally, there are probably a good 20 phones note named Note7 that I consider superior to the iPhone. Some vastly superior. While I'm a nostalgic person, I don't want a smartphone that's stuck in 2011.
Oh yeah? And what makes them superior? On the market there is no faster phone atm than the iPhone 7. Battery life is insane too. Everything smooth and stable.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

Get the Edge though and not the regular S7. The regular S7 is a outstanding device BUT you will hate how small the phone is. I wish back in March I bought the S7 Edge instead of the regular S7. I probably wouldn't have got tangled in the Note 7 fiasco because I'd still be using the Edge.
I already know I can't go back to the small screen. Im just seeing I forgot to put edge. I'm more concerned about how much more pronounced the edge is on the s7 edge compared to the note 7. I'll just have to get used to that.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

I got the Note 5 today with turning in my Note7. It's a very decent phone. Glad Verizon had it. Two other customers were there trading too. Customers are listening, taking this serious.

I had the Note 5. great phone, smooth, but not water resistant which I'd like to have. I would still take the Edge over the Note 5 even though I don't use all my memory.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

I already know I can't go back to the small screen. Im just seeing I forgot to put edge. I'm more concerned about how much more pronounced the edge is on the s7 edge compared to the note 7. I'll just have to get used to that.

I was worried too, but it's not really a big deal at all, especially when using the Otterbox Defender on it. The Defender for the Edge is great though, but VERY hard to find in any stores as they sell out quick or are low on stock. You almost certainly will have to order it off Amazon or directly from otterbox. Teh screen protector on the S7 edge defender fits tight so no dirt gets under it like the other defenders.

With the Note on the shelf, currently the Edge is probably one of the top devices now. V20 lets see how good that is, and the iPhone 7 IMO other than the speed of it I don't see it being better than the Edge. Too bland.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: LG V20 or Google Pixel?

release date and other factors yes. I'm not saying it won't or can't happen, but the only way to be sure (after seeing what was done with the 800 and Android N) is to buy the very latest Qualcomm processor.

I can't wait for the day when this becomes less of a problem.
Perhaps when money stops existing :p

Skybrok

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Back to Note 3 or 4? Chances of fixing this whole issue and launching Note 8 with S8?

Ok, so I must power off Note 7-fine. We upgraded my daughter after paying off her N4 to S7 edge-is ok, but not even close to N7 I feel. So do I go back to my N3 or use her N4. She had all sorts of problems with N4 shutting off a few times a day, bought new battery and still happened. My N3 was slow over last few mo's. Factory reset on both I guess and try the 4. If still has probs, then go with the 3.

Now do I keep the N7(powered off) and hope that Samsung figures this all out and get lucky with another exchange or maybe they release the Note 8 with the S8 in the next coming mo's(which I'll have returned the N7 if they completely give up on it)? I really believe that this is a combination of the USB C along with 'a lot in a little space' battery, in a tightly spaced/compact phone. I wouldn't have complained if this thing was just a smidge wider or thicker-valuable breathing room! Or do I give it back and wait, for what would basically be 4 years in between phones for me if I have to wait until next Aug/Sept. I'm not going to anything less then the S-pen. I use it regularly...had a Note 8.0 and that recently died so I'm really reeling here.

What are your suggestions?

Roman Akert

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
Re: Back to Note 3 or 4? Chances of fixing this whole issue and launching Note 8 with S8?

So, let me get this right, you rather go back to a Note 3 or 4 than an S7e? 😆

Comic?

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: Back to Note 3 or 4? Chances of fixing this whole issue and launching Note 8 with S8?

Ok, so I must power off Note 7-fine. We upgraded my daughter after paying off her N4 to S7 edge-is ok, but not even close to N7 I feel. So do I go back to my N3 or use her N4. She had all sorts of problems with N4 shutting off a few times a day, bought new battery and still happened. My N3 was slow over last few mo's. Factory reset on both I guess and try the 4. If still has probs, then go with the 3.

Now do I keep the N7(powered off) and hope that Samsung figures this all out and get lucky with another exchange or maybe they release the Note 8 with the S8 in the next coming mo's(which I'll have returned the N7 if they completely give up on it)? I really believe that this is a combination of the USB C along with 'a lot in a little space' battery, in a tightly spaced/compact phone. I wouldn't have complained if this thing was just a smidge wider or thicker-valuable breathing room! Or do I give it back and wait, for what would basically be 4 years in between phones for me if I have to wait until next Aug/Sept. I'm not going to anything less then the S-pen. I use it regularly...had a Note 8.0 and that recently died so I'm really reeling here.

What are your suggestions?

Why not return the Note 7, and grab a Note 5? Note 5 was darn reliable and you get to keep some cash in your pocket when all is said and done?

dario12v

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site

You can exchange it for a different phone. You can get a refund and buy a different phone. You don't deserve a free phone when you've been given these options.

There are no other phones... At least no other phones that can compare to a note 7

treedabl

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: LG V20 or Google Pixel?

It's amazing how many people have already switched to an iPhone and yet they're still here on this forum. 🙄

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site

If I can get my money back, will just wait for next year 's S8 maybe. Really no other phone that I want now.

Even S8, I'm a bit reluctant as I really prefer Note series, but definitely can't wait so long until Note 8 or whatever it's called.

Bertolus

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
Re: How many are switching from N7 to Iphone 7 Plus?

A apple fan would enjoy every worthless feature in the iPhone........the phone itself is a gimmick and a highly closed in environment....and the design is beyond hideous in the modern smartphone world....I don't want a phone that half bezel half screen....

Such nonsense! Why is the iPhone a gimmick? With regard to speed, stability and reliability it's unbeaten. That's why most enterprises rely on iPhone. The closed environment has its advantages: the aforementioned speed, stability, reliability. Design is subjective. I care more about what's inside the box. Also the brandnew Pixel phones look exactly like the iPhone.

Status
Not open for further replies.