Old Information about the Note 7 Recall

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgk

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Samsung has canceled the note 7 entirely.

Samsung Electronics Co. is ending production of its problematic Galaxy Note 7 smartphones, taking the drastic step of killing off a smartphone that became a major headache for the South Korean electronics maker.

After halting sales of the new versions of the large-screen smartphone that failed to fix exploding batteries, Samsung finally pulled the plug on a key product that was supposed to compete with Apple Inc.’s iPhones and other high-end smartphones during the U.S. holiday shopping season.
Production will stop, Samsung said in a statement Tuesday.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ction-of-note-7-after-global-recall-new-fires

warlocks_x

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
Re: What replacement phone are you considering or have you already chosen?

Hahaha

" It is NOT an S7 edge with a pen "
100% agreed...!! i cant believe how some people come up with " exchange N7 for a S7 edge "

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Re: S7 Edge or Note 5?

Honestly it's not all that bad. BUT: I have an OtterBox case on it (with the screen open), so the case has a sturdy outer edge of its own that gives the s7edge a feel of having a full frame like the noteb5 does.

Does the s7 edge use wireless charging? I don't know much about the the s7 edge is that the edge is way more pronounced than the N7 and I don't like that. 😕
Yes it 0
I already know I can't go back to the small screen. Im just seeing I forgot to put edge. I'm more concerned about how much more pronounced the edge is on the s7 edge compared to the note 7. I'll just have to get used to that.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site

I was worried too, but it's not really a big deal at all, especially when using the Otterbox Defender on it. The Defender for the Edge is great though, but VERY hard to find in any stores as they sell out quick or are low on stock. You almost certainly will have to order it off Amazon or directly from otterbox. Teh screen protector on the S7 edge defender fits tight so no dirt gets under it like the other defenders.

With the Note on the shelf, currently the Edge is probably one of the top devices now. V20 lets see how good that is, and the iPhone 7 IMO other than the speed of it I don't see it being better than the Edge. Too bland.
I'll have to look up which OtterBox I have on mine. It doesn't cover the screen- isn't the Defender the one that covers the screen

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Samsung has canceled the note 7 entirely.

Samsung botched the best phone they or anyone else has ever made to date...
What a nightmare this whole thing has been....

Merkitten

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site

So depressing. Ive been with Apple since 09. The Note 7 is what made me jump ship. I dont want to go back to Apple :( i guess I'll get an S7 Edge...

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but they should still make an 8 & release it next year, right?

I love this phone, i dont want to return it :( i know i have to though.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

I ain't never been sad over a phone til now lol
The sad part for me, is either go back to my N3 or to my kid's i6.... I refuse to go to the S7edge, it would just be a daily reminder of getting screwed over twice

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

Yesterday, they said it was temporary while they investigated. I guess they investigated and decided to dump the phone entirely. So weird and sad.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

Honestly it's not all that bad. BUT: I have an OtterBox case on it (with the screen open), so the case has a sturdy outer edge of its own that gives the s7edge a feel of having a full frame like the noteb5 does.

Yes it 0
Thanks. I'm still undecided. I probably should just go back to my note 5 since I'm still paying on it and wait. I have until Wednesday to make a final decision.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Yesterday, they said it was temporary while they investigated. I guess they investigated and decided to dump the phone entirely. So weird and sad.

isnt korea technically in the future. time wise that is. by the time we get the news its already been a day there lol

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

This is so depressing for me and stressful because I upgraded early for this phone, sold my Note 4 and now I have to find a solution that works for me. Samsung has put everyone in a bad position and it needs to do more at this point than just tell its customers to power off and go get a lesser of a phone for the next two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawiss