Old Information about the Note 7 Recall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung has canceled the note 7 entirely.

This is so depressing for me and stressful because I upgraded early for this phone, sold my Note 4 and now I have to find a solution that works for me. Samsung has put everyone in a bad position and it needs to do more at this point than just tell its customers to power off and go get a lesser of a phone for the next two years.

agreed.
im in a f** it mood. thinking of just going prepaid till the next best thing

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site

The sad part for me, is either go back to my N3 or to my kid's i6.... I refuse to go to the S7edge, it would just be a daily reminder of getting screwed over twice

I just sold my note3 lol. Still have note5. Great phone but every since I got the note7 I can't seem to get myself to mess with the note5 lol. And the curves on note7 are perfect for me. I'd be afraid the s7 edge' s edges would be to curved if you know what i mean. My fiance has s6 edge plus and I don't like the curves. But when it comes to Samsung i only really like the note series.

the real batman

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site

It's a shame but I'll be keeping mine. I'm sure at some point I'll be able to install a ROM if carriers don't bother with updates. At worst I'll wait for the successor sometime late next year or I'll go the S8 if it suits my needs.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: What would you replace your Note 7 with?

thinking of getting my money back. cancelling sprint and going prepaid. till the next note series if they make one. or something better catches my eye..

phone wont be as great but i wont feel cheated paying out the a** for a phone i didnt want to begin with.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

It was over as soon as Samsung said the were "adjusting" the manufacturing build.

frankenhooker

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site

From my understanding nothing says that they are ending it permanently.
According to The Guardian, there has been a regulatory filing from Samsung that states production has stopped permanently. I received an alert not ten minutes ago.

Apparently they followed the advice of leading market analysts who recommended Samsung should concentrate on protecting the rest of its brand.

WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site

The news just broke out within the past 2 hours. They are stopping it permanently

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Re: What would you replace your Note 7 with?

I really never thought I would actually say this but I might try iphone7 plus out til Samsung comes out with note8.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site

Now does the CPSC make us return all of them thats question?

I would imagine so

I also would imagine a permanent ban now on all planes and trains etc...

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

The news just broke out within the past 2 hours. They are stopping it permanently

This blows big time. There is absolutely no phone that interests me. It makes me sick to think I may have to use my s6 again. I get like 6 hours of battery life and have zero storage space available. The screen is so small too.

WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site

I know it sucks. I don't know what to get now for a replacement. The 7 Edge is similar but it has a smaller screen. I need something bigger. The Note 5 is outdated and doesn't have the SD card slot.

wirelessgal

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Re: OK, so now what?

Where can you get the Axon 7? I am on TMobile will it work with it?

My brother bought his from Newegg. Excellent price for what you get in the box. The front facing stereo speakers are very loud. Excellent build quality. My brother is very happy with his choice even though he still prefers the Note 7.

According to the site it works on T-Mobile. And you can't beat the 2 year North America warranty.
You can't go wrong for $400. It costs more in Canada but still half the price of the flagship phones.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Re: OK, so now what?

Since I hate the LG v20 and Google pixel phones and Apple is a BIG no. I may just go back to my 1996 era Nokia phone that literally weighed as much as a brick,

And the battery life has never been better. I remember the days when a phones battery life was counted in days, not hours.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site

Or someone failed Samsung. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the result of sabotage, either internally or somewhere in the factory lines.

Hopefully justice will be given to Note 7 one day if it is so, even if Note 7 is dead.

Just can't believe how it was peaceful a few weeks after the exchange and then there is almost a new case everyday since last Wed.

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site

Samsung botched the best phone they or anyone else has ever made to date...
What a nightmare this whole thing has been....

Couldn't agree more. What a crying shame, such an otherwise brilliant piece of kit. I am still gobsmacked how this happened. This will go down as one of the worst product failures of all time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phantom3SE