Old Information about the Note 7 Recall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roman Akert

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
Re: Official; Galaxy Note 7 discontinued

I would agree with you.

Still, what it does show is that in these days of instant mass media they can't slip up on quality control anymore. Especially not makers of mass media devices ... .

mistic99

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Damn U Samsung I now have a dilemma

Here is my issue I got the Gear Fit with my OG N7 then I got the Gear VR with my Loaner S7E then got the 256gb SD card with my N7v2. I will be returning N7v2 but for what if I get the V20 the Gear Vr is useless if I go back to N5 the SD card is useless which leaves withe the S7E which I was not fond of for the 10 days I used it. I assume there are a few others out there that maxed their promotions and and my have the same dilemma as myself should I go with the V20 or give the S7E another chance.

bchain996

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
Re: OK, so now what?

Really? Telling us to go power down the phone, go get another one and we will give you $25??? I am sorry that is not good.
Now I have go get another phone, I had one that was almost paid off so it's like restarting payments for the same phone. That I would've almost been done with. I have jump from TMobile. I don't want the S7 Edge, never wanted the stupid thing. LG V20 doesn't look that great, plus I had an LG awhile back, that phone was a nightmare. The google Pixel XL, is it even going to work on TMobile? Yes, I understand that they didn't willingly put a bad phone out, but to me they aren't even trying to do any type of resolution to this, other than return the phone.
I dunno, I'll look for something over the weekend. I am actually tired of the Mobile world all together.

That's why I bought an iPhone 7. Not the best but I can just use it and not think about it. Had been wanting the Note 7 but gave up..

seangprice

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: Damn U Samsung I now have a dilemma

I used the regular S7 as a loaner, the screen is smaller but overall the phone was very nice to use. I enjoy the bigger screen so I think I'll go for the S7 Edge and get a second SD card.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Official; Galaxy Note 7 discontinued

SKY NEWS, 11th October 2016.

Well, the only reasonable solution imo. Bury this flawed phone and start fresh.

No matter what they do, it would continue to bite them in the proverbial and customer confidence in the brand would be further damaged.

Samsung share prices have plummeted by 11 billion!

Apple shares are increasing.

All I want to know is where can I buy Samsung stock? Gotta call my broker today. $$$$

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Re: Samsung has canceled the note 7 entirely.

Plus Carriers are working on deactivating all imei on all Note 7, so Note 7 will be brainless, for safety that will make everyone turn in the Note 7.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Guess I'm holding on to my note 4 ... dammit come on samsung I was,soooo looking forward to a note 7 . Hopefully they make a note 8 or something *sighs*

I sold my Note 4 last week, now I have to spend $100 more than what I sold for and get a used S7 Edge while I wait for the next best thing. Blah!!!

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

I have a Gear S2 platinum, Gear fit 1, Gear VR and 256gb sd card... I'm not switching over to a S7edge and being stuck with payments on a phone I don't want. No matter how much "Samsung use only" accessories I own.... I'm not going back to my N3 after having experienced the N7.... I'll put all my Sammy accessories back in their boxes and wait until whatever they call the new phone with the S-pen comes out next year....
I've never used a iPhone in my life but the daughter upgraded from her iPhone 6 to the 7.. So I'm just going to pop my sim card into the iPhone 6 and wait for Samsung to get their stuff together... Definitely won't be preordering the Sammy phone... I'll wait a month like someone on the forum suggested....

Dr Claw

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site

It actually have some positives sides, no one will forget it in the nearby future, their S8 must be PERFECT and bring lot of new functions to be even looked at, they will test it much much better.

While the Note is speical, there are many phones that can offer u great alternative- LG V20, S7E, 1+3, Mate 8 and soon 9, Axon 7, might be even zenfone 3 deluxe...

I hope the next note will do everything right too.

The reason this really burns me (no pun intended) is that I felt this would be the last year of a classic-looking Note.
Signs are pointing to a Bezel-free screen and some other crap, not to mention a massive paradigm shift in the next year of Samsung phones.

i.e. another 2015 year. I skipped an upgrade that year because Samsung's move to make an "iPhone", with no expandable storage, weak battery, and fragile "premium" build was just a disappointment. This year they mostly made good on the failures of the year prior.

Sucks because I really do like the Edge screen, and everything else on the Note 7.

Torn on whether I should take my chances with a super-cheap Note 4 (which I've heard is not great on Marshmallow), or go with an unlocked S7 Edge (which has less internal storage). Leery of spending full-price on a LG V20, as I tired of the V10 real quick after the Marshmallow update and the battery life going to toilet. Even though you can get one of those unlocked.

geraldem

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site

what didn't you like about the Edge? It is so similar to N7...I don't understand all those saying they didn't like as a loaner.
Here is my issue I got the Gear Fit with my OG N7 then I got the Gear VR with my Loaner S7E then got the 256gb SD card with my N7v2. I will be returning N7v2 but for what if I get the V20 the Gear Vr is useless if I go back to N5 the SD card is useless which leaves withe the S7E which I was not fond of for the 10 days I used it. I assume there are a few others out there that maxed their promotions and and my have the same dilemma as myself should I go with the V20 or give the S7E another chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad