Old Information about the Note 7 Recall

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamHLG

Trusted Member
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Verizon LG V20 Availability

Anyone have any intel on when this device will be ready for pre-order or release on Verizon? This will be my Note 7 replacement device. Thanks.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: Official; Galaxy Note 7 discontinued

I would agree with you.

Still, what it does show is that in these days of instant mass media they can't slip up on quality control anymore. Especially not makers of mass media devices ... .
It hasn't impacted Apple. Maybe because they never admit to anything being wrong their products.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Re: Samsung has canceled the note 7 entirely.

Yep, also the competition getting stronger and the chiense brands getting better and better, it's hard to justify spending money on high ends.

V20 won't have good battery life, LG refuse to learn, their LCD panel is power hungry at QHD, 4000mah would be the minimal size of battery that needed, a high end phone is nothing without high end battery life.
That's the only thing that troubles me about the v20.....it has alot of features but I'm not the type of guy that carries extra batteries and it looks like they skimped on the battery life because you can quickly swap it out with a fresh one

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: OK, so now what?

When people say "Samsung has lost me forever", or "I'll never trust Samsung again" to effect how is it not a threat? After being able to triple-dip on the Gear Fit2, 256GB SD card, and Gear VR promotions through this entire ordeal, what more do you want? The value of the promotions pretty much offsets the price of a new Note. I guess some people will never be satisfied unless they want a personal apology or a free upgrade lol. Of course they want a free upgrade plus the chance to get a refund their current Note 7s too.

I understand the need to vent but such drama is unnecessary :p

The value of the promotions does not come even close to value of my time this fiasco has sucked up. Especially because they are not promotions I really wanted, or would have bought anyway. Personally, I wish instead of trying bribe people with promotions, they would put that money into better quality control, more timely software updates, and customer service. (but that is just me). I don't hold Samsung in high regard right now, but despite my better judgement, I'll probably go back the the S7 Edge. I'll take a look at the V20 and iphone 7 plus also, but suspect I'll end up getting the S7 Edge.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site

That's the only thing that troubles me about the v20.....it has alot of features but I'm not the type of guy that carries extra batteries and it looks like they skimped on the battery life because you can quickly swap it out with a fresh one

Only thing turning me off to it also.

You will def need to get a second battery and keep it with you.

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: Verizon LG V20 Availability

Anyone have any intel on when this device will be ready for pre-order or release on Verizon? This will be my Note 7 replacement device. Thanks.
Nope. Sprint releases I think the 28th. I assume either will see Verizon a week early or a week late.

Jaydabee

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Samsung: You are not getting the 256Gb SD card back from me

I bought the Note 7 when it first came out because of the offer of a free 256Gb SD card. I returned the phone for a replacement and never recieved the $25 gift card or store credit. Now I have to purchase a used Note 4 to replace my Note 7 because I do not want an S7, if I wanted an S7 I would have purchased one when it came out.

Samsung, you have caused me much aggravation so you are not getting your 256GB SD card back! I'll return the 8Gb card with the phone and deny that it wasn't the 256Gb card. If you ask me to mail it to you I will mail an 8Gb card back to you. Or an empty envelope and claim you lost it. At this point I don't think screwing you back is uncalled for. You owe me. I'll take you to small claims court if it comes to that.

tk-093

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

Backing up my text messages now to transfer back to my Note 5. It wasn't the perfect phone but good enough until something else the next Note comes along.

Laura Crusader

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Re: OK, so now what?

We have no official instructions. Did anyone receive any emails or texts? This is ridiculous. Last time there was an exchange but even then I went to BB myself and asked getting tired of waiting around. So I'm not doing anything yet. Agreed we are all left hanging. I'm not powering down. This is my primary number and I need it for work right now too.
I didn't get anything. I had to find out off my Twitter feed about the 2nd recall. I ended up Dm'ing Verizon & they weren't much help. All they said was return it to get a new one.. I'm just like. I wasn't born yesterday. Its gonna end up being like the Droid Maxx. I was stuck on kit Kat & they didn't plan to update anymore. - I have no idea what I'm gonna do. I'll probably go back to my maxx until the note 8 drops. Hoping for that deal. I'm heading to Verizon today. I'll keep everyone posted.

Jaydabee

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: Samsung: You are not getting the 256Gb SD card back from me

Just in case, it's preemptive notice. It's not really clear what they are going to ask or do. Some people seem to think that they are getting a free phone.

Oh, and Verizon did mention wanting it back if I opted for a replacement phone last time.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Re: Samsung: You are not getting the 256Gb SD card back from me

Just in case, it's preemptive notice. It's not really clear what they are going to ask or do. Some people seem to think that they are getting a free phone.

I can all most guarantee they will let you keep all of the promotional items.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: What replacement phone are you considering or have you already chosen?

It seems a lot are going for the S7 Edge. Will you guys buy the S8 Edge and hold onto the S7 Edge until the Note 8 comes out later in the year?

IF I go the S7E route (mainly due to camera and expandable storage), I will most likely go the S8 route as well. I am about 99% sure we won't see an "edge" branding on the S8. Just an S8 and S8+. So, with a Note7 inspired screen edge, I will probably get the S8+. Hopefully, it will have at least a 5.7" screen. I am hoping for a 6" screen for the next Note.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm