Old Information about the Note 7 Recall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaydabee

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: Samsung: You are not getting the 256Gb SD card back from me

Unless you work for Samsung or Verizon I don't see your almost guarantee meaning anything. Because Verizon did ask for it back last time if I opted for a replacement.

Note4Ever

Oct 10, 2016
Visit site

If you hurry you can still buy a brand new Galaxy Note 4 from B&H Photo. If you buy a used Galaxy Note 4 you may encounter a high-quality knock off from China ,take a look at some of the videos out there on it.

E Padilla

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: Samsung has canceled the note 7 entirely.

Backing up my text messages now to transfer back to my Note 5. It wasn't the perfect phone but good enough until something else the next Note comes along.

I'll be switching back to my Note 5 as well. Did you need to wipe your Note 5 first before using Smart Switch to pull the data from the Note 7?

Just want to know whats the best approach in getting this done. I don't want to lose my text messages and application data.

panzerghost

May 14, 2013
Visit site

I'm not even giving back all the items that came in the box; headphones and charger are mine now.

clg82

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
Note7 done now what to do with Gear S2?

Now that the Note7 is officially done.....what am I to do about my Gear S2 that I received for free with the note 7.....AT&T is making me pay for the imbedded sim for 2 years...will I get a refund on what I have already paid for the watch as well as get to return it? I don't want to have too pay for the watch for 2 years if I'm going back to the iphone.....suggestions?

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Re: OK, so now what?

I didn't get anything. I had to find out off my Twitter feed about the 2nd recall. I ended up Dm'ing Verizon & they weren't much help. All they said was return it to get a new one.. I'm just like. I wasn't born yesterday. Its gonna end up being like the Droid Maxx. I was stuck on kit Kat & they didn't plan to update anymore. - I have no idea what I'm gonna do. I'll probably go back to my maxx until the note 8 drops. Hoping for that deal. I'm heading to Verizon today. I'll keep everyone posted.

I think I might be in the same boat. I just got rid of my Galaxy S7 and I will be HIGHLY upset if I have to buy another one...so I think I'm going to suck it up and take two steps back. Gosh I just keep getting more and more frustrated by all this....

tk-093

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: Samsung has canceled the note 7 entirely.

How do you back up text messages?

I'll be switching back to my Note 5 as well. Did you need to wipe your Note 5 first before using Smart Switch to pull the data from the Note 7?

Just want to know whats the best approach in getting this done. I don't want to lose my text messages and application data.

I don't ever use smartswitch. I use an app called SMS Backup Restore. It's created by the online backup company Carbonite so it's not a shady app.

I back my call log and SMS log to my Google Drive. (You can also simply back it up to your device and then drag it to your computer and back to your new device.)

On my new phone I download it from my Google Drive and use that app to restore. Works pretty slick. I've used it from Note 5 > Note 5 > Note 7 > Note 5 > Note 7> and now back to Note 5. :)

Jaydabee

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site

I'm not even giving back all the items that came in the box; headphones and charger are mine now.

Which reminds me, Verizon tried to tell me last time that I needed to return the charger. Never did because I didn't have it with me. They are not getting anything back this time.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site

Unless you work for Samsung or Verizon I don't see your almost guarantee meaning anything. Because Verizon did ask for it back last time if I opted for a replacement.
Verizon can go pound sand, all that matters is what Samsung ask for

the block

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site

Last time when I went in to get my replacement Note 7, Verizon was ******** I didn't have my box or any of the accessories and I just told them I threw them all out after I got the phone. It was a safety recall, what are they going to do, not take the dangerous phone back because you didn't bring back the box? I never intended to have to bring the phone back, any missing accessories is theirs and Samsung's problem. I kept my original SPen too out of spite.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Samsung Officially discontinued Galaxy Note 7

I think they'll release another phone with the expected Note features, but I doubt it will be under the Note brand. The name has a negative connotation to a lot of the public right now, so rebranding to give it a fresh start would make sense

Also, the S7 Edge has a 5.5" screen, and I expect there will be an S8 Edge too, so it's not a huge difference other than missing the S-Pen and having the curved screen
The only other branding I could see them doing is just calling it the N8. They are not starting all over. That's like Chipotle renaming it's restaurants after the e coli issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37