Old Information about the Note 7 Recall

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPenLoyal

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
Re: What would you replace your Note 7 with?

I don't know how many of you remember my "sad" story posted here, but within a day of my 2 year contract ending, my Note 4 got some condensation inside the case from going from a hot sunny location to a cold air conditioning room. Despite immediately removing the battery and storing in rice for 2 days, the display was permanently messed up and half of it was purple and white noise.

So I ordered a Note 7. But when the first recall was announced, I took it back to the AT&T store and ordered an iPhone 7 +. To feed my Android addiction, I replaced my old iPad with a Note Tab E (which at the time AT&T was offering for free, unrelated to the Note recall).

Well, the iPhone 7+ is still handicapped by Apple's "helicoptering parent" OS. But I'm am surprised how good the Plus is. One can't customize the user interface like in Android, but I don't miss the Note phones at all. I don't think anyone else will either.

I had iPhones and used to be dedicated to it... until I got my first Samsung and fell in love. I'll never go back to iPhone. No way.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: LG V20 or Google Pixel?

I pulled the trigger and ordered a Pixel XL last night

Took advantage of the monthly payments

If you sign up for notifications google will email you right away when they are back in stock.

On the monthly payments, did you have to do it through a credit card application to Synchrony? How did that work? I read the small print and it scared me away. I kept seeing that 29% interest....

WalkingHorse

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Waiting for iPhone 7+ to come in stock. No backup phone.

I just pulled the trigger on an iPhone 7+ online. *sigh* Just isn't ANYTHING on the Android side at all. Figured I'd try out an iPhone for the first time ever until the new Note comes out. Delivering tomorrow BTW. Did you try to order online?

rimz808

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site

Back to my iphone 6s Plus.. knew I shouldn't have switched..

If it ain't broke.. don't fix it

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

I really wish T-Mo still sold it. Been saving for a new laptop so I can definitely afford the 10, but really wanted to stay on JoD. Plus that'll put a big dent in my laptop fund.
FWIW my local T-Mobile store still had the HTC 10 on display as of Saturday. I didn't ask if they actually had any in stock because my GF was getting the G5 after her G4 bootlooped on Friday night.

Might be worth it to check the store.

Dubss

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
I have the note 5 and the s7e am not In need of a phone but this hole note 7 **** is just crazy. I bet sence Samsung stopped production there will be no more fires reported. This could have been an inside job guys

fargas0822

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site

I just pulled the trigger on an iPhone 7+ online. *sigh* Just isn't ANYTHING on the Android side at all. Figured I'd try out an iPhone for the first time ever until the new Note comes out. Delivering tomorrow BTW. Did you try to order online?
I did the same but on back order for the 7 plus 256gb jet black. I never owned an Apple phone and I only ever had the original iPad. I'm looking to get an Air for Christmas so I thought this might be a good pairing and give it a shot. I'm sure I'll be back to the Note series when the figure out what they are going to do next year with it.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

FWIW my local T-Mobile store still had the HTC 10 on display as of Saturday. I didn't ask if they actually had any in stock because my GF was getting the G5 after her G4 bootlooped on Friday night.

Might be worth it to check the store.

Thanks! The store I went to when I did my replacement Note didn't have any and the phone rep said I couldn't order one. I'll call a few stores when I finally make up my mind what I want to get.

What are you gonna get btw? How does your gf like the G5? I'm think you told me you used LG before you got the Note.

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: Official; Galaxy Note 7 discontinued

The Wall Street Journal is reporting that Samsung has officially filed with Korean regulators to permanently cease production. They would not report that kind of statement without proof. Just because Samsung has not updated their public pages doesn't mean it hasn't already happened.

If you want to keep your phone, that's your prerogative. Just know that a) your warranty is now null and void, since it's a canceled and recalled product (you'll get a different product in exchange if you try to do a warranty repair); b) third-party repairs could be very difficult to do thanks to a lack of official parts; and c) it will never receive any kind of future software updates, including security updates.

I never owned a Note 7, but played with one and thought it was a great phone. I'm sad for fans and users of the device, but it's out of your hands now. Best to move on.

Wouldn't be the first time the media reported something wrong.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: New promotions

Why would they offer a promotion when people HAVE to get a new phone? And they're users who are willing to pay a price for them like the Note 7.

Halloweenoreo

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
What will you switch to that uses the micro sd card

So this amazing machine is dead now and I'm guessing at some point will be non functioning. What phone is everyone who DOESN'T have a backup going to go to that has a micro sd slot?

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site

Why would they offer a promotion when people HAVE to get a new phone? And they're users who are willing to pay a price for them like the Note 7.

Because if there are lots of people out there who suddenly HAVE to buy a new phone, each company presumably wants to make sure that their models are the ones that customers turn to.

WalkingHorse

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

I did the same but on back order for the 7 plus 256gb jet black. I never owned an Apple phone and I only ever had the original iPad. I'm looking to get an Air for Christmas so I thought this might be a good pairing and give it a shot. I'm sure I'll be back to the Note series when the figure out what they are going to do next year with it.

I have always had mac computers. Had iPads until Samsung came out with the pro series but have been on android since the debut of the Note series. I will be back!! Nothing compares at all. I figured I might as well test out an iPhone while I wait for sammy to get its act together. :)

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: OK, so now what?

My brother bought his from Newegg. Excellent price for what you get in the box. The front facing stereo speakers are very loud. Excellent build quality. My brother is very happy with his choice even though he still prefers the Note 7.

According to the site it works on T-Mobile. And you can't beat the 2 year North America warranty.
You can't go wrong for $400. It costs more in Canada but still half the price of the flagship phones.
Too bad VZW doesn't support it. Sounds nice except for lack of ir blaster. The Honor 8 has ir blaster but is also unsupported.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

Thanks! The store I went to when I did my replacement Note didn't have any and the phone rep said I couldn't order one. I'll call a few stores when I finally make up my mind what I want to get.

What are you gonna get btw? How does your gf like the G5? I'm think you told me you used LG before you got the Note.
Looks like I'm headed back to LG (had G2,G3,G4,V10 before Note 7) and getting the V20. I kinda want the Pixel but no point in that when I have JOD to guarantee my resell value. Currently just trying to figure out what I'm going to do between now and the 28th. No backup phone so the N7 is currently in use as safe as I possibly can.

She likes the G5 so far. Little smaller so it fits her hands better. She's liking the wide angle camera option as well.

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site

Trying to decide between a S7 Edge, Pixel XL, and V20.

Maybe a Z Force, but if the V20 is coming to Verizon, I'll probably just consider those three. Just wish Verizon would say something about the V20.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

I would like to see some kind of rebate promotion for those who owned a Note 7 from Samsung on a future Samsung device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995