Old Information about the Note 7 Recall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laura Crusader

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Re: OK, so now what?

This is so depressing guys. Im over here making life decisions about a phone rethinking on what i should do bc I love the damn thing. What does it mean to be the best N7? It means you have to be better than the number two guy. But what gratification is there in that? He's a loser, that’s why he's number two...

I need a beer for this midlife crises.

HaVoK_C89

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: What would you replace your Note 7 with?

I came from an HTC 10 on a different network and its a really good alternative, although I am uncertain on resell value as mine still hasn't sold. So keep that in mind if you want that.

Now on Verizon and I really love the idea of the Pixel and I def have my eye on it... I just don't like the lack of micro sd, hate that I can't really afford it straight from Google, and I'd really like to see some average Joe, everyday pictures.

The V20 checks all my boxes.... But is an LG phone and I haven't had the best track record from them. I went through 3 G4s, and 2 G5s. So I immediately question its build quality.

MikeS1971

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
Re: Official Samsung statement regarding the Galaxy Note 7

I guess I'm returning out two Note 7's then driving down to Best Buy and pick up two S7 Edges. They're $120 cheaper than at the Verizon stores, plus you get a free TV.

But now I have three cases, two screen protectors and several USB-C cables that are worthless. At least I can still use the two wireless fast chargers.

Not only is this a big financial hit for Samsung. But for us consumers who bought accessories that can not be returned. Then there's the aftermarket accessories manufacturers that manufactured a boat load of useless accessories.

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site

I pulled the trigger yesterday afternoon because I no longer wanted the headaches. I got s7 edge in pink gold. It's not a note I miss grace ux, I miss the blue but whatever at least I won't have to stress. As is with nougat update I heard grace ux will come to s7 edge so it will help until whatever Samsung does next year... I just hate how ppl are going to iPhone from note 7 like those phones are poles apart. To each their own lol.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: New promotions

I would like to see some kind of rebate promotion for those who owned a Note 7 from Samsung on a future Samsung device.

That would be nice. Make sure you keep your IMEI number just in case or a copy of the purchase receipt to prove ownership. I think this is something that won't happen but I sure hope so.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2012
Visit site

I guess I'm returning out two Note 7's then driving down to Best Buy and pick up two S7 Edges. They're $120 cheaper than at the Verizon stores, plus you get a free TV.

But now I have three cases, two screen protectors and several USB-C cables that are worthless. At least I can still use the two wireless fast chargers.

Not only is this a big financial hit for Samsung. But for us consumers who bought accessories that can not be returned. Then there's the aftermarket accessories manufacturers that manufactured a boat load of useless accessories.
The fallout of this goes well beyond just Samsung. Not nearly the same in terms of raw dollars, but still. Aftermarket accessories, chargers, cables, packaging and distribution for the same, etc. All of it is now largely useless. This recall is bad for the consumer, bad for the environment, bad for Samsung, and bad for smartphones in general. It will also result in an inflated ego over at Apple probably artificially boosting the sales of their iPhone 7 Plus devices to levels that they would not have otherwise achieved. This will make them think that removing the headphone jack and releasing such meager incremental changes like the iPhone 7 is perfectly fine because consumer demand is still high. The situation sucks all-around. I'm primarily an Apple user, but I appreciate the design that went into the Note 7 and decided to get it for that reason. I also wanted to vote with my wallet against Apple's recent decisions. Little did I know that their main competitor will shoot themselves in the foot the same year when Apple has their weakest showing.

rexb

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site

I would consider a discounted Note 5 for my troubles. It would be a good compromise for me as I wait for the next Note iteration.

treedabl

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: LG V20 or Google Pixel?

Verizon is pushing the iPhone 7. When they tried to insist that I switch to one my husband said, "She would NEVER do that!" And that is why my husband is a keeper. 😂

j_squared

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: What replacement phone are you considering or have you already chosen?

I already replaced mine with an iPhone 7 Plus, but I am anxiously awaiting my Google Pixel.

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: LG V20 or Google Pixel?

Verizon is pushing the iPhone 7. When they tried to insist that I switch to one my husband said, "She would NEVER do that!" And that is why my husband is a keeper. 😂

I may have been crazy but I ordered the note 5 from Verizon this morning. Gold with all accessories . A gift box. . I'm keeping my N7 as I bought it outright and no one can stop me from using it. I love it. Its very sad. I know it's probably not what most would do but I want the size, and most of all the spen. in case the 7 is deactivated I don't want to be without a note. I hope I'll be content enough until the 8. I'll keep using my N7 but need something I can travel with. Switching to a different phone I don't have the energy to do after the past 2 months of this mess. At least with the 5 I'll have mySpen and know the phone.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site

Yeah guess im going to order iPhone 7 plus black matte 256gb. Verizon stores here dont have them. I'll try it out. Most definitely will be back for the next note series tho. Yes im aggravated about the note7 but Samsung hasn't lost me forever.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Is there supposed to be an iPhone shortage?

My family members returned their Note7s for iPhones 7 Plus (Verizon).

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site

Just ordered an s7 edge today. Its not an odeal replacement, but its the closest thing out, and will work with my vr, and fit 2

jackjack1969

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: New promotions

All I know is that Samsung isn't getting these headphones back. Or the micro USB to USB-C adaptor. I'd keep the spen but it's useless with a s7 edge. I think it's useless with it. If not, I'm keeping that too. And I'm keeping the USB charging cable.

I'm like Steve Martin in the Jerk here.

Savoy

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: OK, so now what?

I love my replacement note 7. Just got it up and running this past Sunday. I'm sick to have to replace this forum a lesser device. It's either s7 edge or iPhone 7 plus. I've never been an iPhone person but I'm so pissed off at Samsung that i may just do it. If Samsung would offer is note 7 owners a deep discount I an s7 or s7 edge or a deep discount on an s8/ edge or note 8 next year then the choice would be easy. I find no reason in the world to get a lesser device with less features for basically the same money to be a good or happy choice. This fiasco we have gone through and time wasted is disgusting and Samsung should be trying to keep us loyal customers. Telling me to Power down and get an s7 or edge at full price or a refund after all this bs is ridiculous and might make me goto apple out of spite alone. Not to mention that getting an iphone7 plus is a no brainer as far as it just working and working well. Smooth, fast as hell, great battery life and a camera on par with the n7/s7edge.

I'm really considering this. Unless Samsung steps up for us and offers something decent off of one of their own. I'm pretty angry at them, I really am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463