Old Information about the Note 7 Recall

Status
Not open for further replies.

G6400

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
Re: What would you replace your Note 7 with?

In that case there is ebay, i seen all majors there but activities and interest is noticable lately, I got my from my carrier.

Stealthieone

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: New promotions

I believe all I have to do is call Samsung and give them my new imei number and mac address and it'll work

Lmao no that won't work...the update comes from oculus. Which makes it so you can't even get into the oculus store. It just shows a message saying note 7s aren't supported anymore, for safety reasons.

anon(522296)

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Note 7 back to OP3

So I went back to my OP3 and realized how laggy and hard to use my Note 7 was. I guess I just got used to it because I didn't think it was laggy, but my OP3 is blazing fast compared to my Note 7. To be honest the OP3 feels better in the hand too.....and it's half the price!

AquaRaven

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
Is the Sony Xperia XZ a decent alternative to the Note7?

Of course, nothing is going to really compare to the Note7, but I don't think I can go with a S7 or S7E. For one, I'm a little peeved at Samsung right now, and two, I prefer a more "squared-off" look to the phone (the same reason I waited to get the S5 when I had the S2, instead of getting the S3 or S4). The Xperia XZ doesn't have wireless charging (which sucks because I bought 2 of the suckers off of Amazon when I first got the Note7), but the camera sounds decent and it's got expandable memory.

el kraken

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
Why are note 7 catching fire and not edge 7 plus?

I'm having a hard time why this model only and not the edge 7 plus? To me, edge 7 plus is the flagship, not note 7. I see more people using the edge than note.

Fobbers

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Re: LG V20 or Google Pixel?

I think i might go back to the Note 5 myself. Miss this phone. All the GIFS. Lol the LG V20 does look promising. We shall see.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why are note 7 catching fire and not edge 7 plus?

I'm having a hard time why this model only and not the edge 7 plus? To me, edge 7 plus is the flagship, not note 7. I see more people using the edge than note.

Because the S7 Edge doesn't have USB C and the Note 7 does. Samsung's first USB C device.

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site

I don't think it's the USB c. I think the compartment in the phone that holds the battery is a little too tight and causing too much pressure and heat build up.

Pirate Arr

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Because the S7 Edge doesn't have USB C and the Note 7 does. Samsung's first USB C device.

LMAO. I doubt it has ANYTHING to do with the Note 7 having USB Type C! Like at all. No correlation what so ever. For all we know, it could be the circuitry around the battery. Funny comment.

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
The end of the Note line?

With the damage and bad reputation now associated with the Note 7, do you believe the Note line can continue? I can't imagine releasing a Note 8 next year could fare well with the stigma that will likely still linger. Should Samsung just release it under a completely new name? What possible remedy is there?

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Re: The end of the Note line?

Note line was far too successful to just die

I'm sure as hell waiting in line for the next note. Fires or not, doesn't change the fact that he design and features was one of the best in the world

7AndTRT

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Re: Official Samsung statement regarding the Galaxy Note 7

And like Iphones has not had any fires.
The technology with Lithium batteries has bit a lot of companies in the butt.

But lithium batteries are good, and very lightweight. And carry a lot of power and longer life.
If they could just get a handle on them.

One has nothing to do with the other. Not sure of the point of consistently bringing iPhone up when the thread isn't about iPhone.

I will say this: if there were this many news stories about ANY manufacturers phone, and I had personally seen more than one of that manufacturers phone over the past couple of years that had caught fire for no apparent reason, I wouldn't buy their products. I don't care if it says HTC, LG, BB or yes Apple on the front of it. The constant "but Apple, but Apple, but Apple" going on doesn't detract from the fact that Samsung, right now, has a credibility problem. There's even been posts when this whole thing started of "so and so said it was a Note 7 but it was a Galaxy Core, and then this report said a Note 7 but it was a GS6, and then this story said Note 7 when the phone clearly was GS7 - the media are making mistakes"...which is all well and good until you realize that the phones all had one manufacturer in common.

Stop diverting the discussion to bash other manufacturers because clearly Samsung has seen something from their end that they feel is dangerous enough to issue a global discontinuation of their flagship less than 2 months after release.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Re: I see No Viable Alternatives

Not a good situation at the moment as there simply are no comparable alternatives....and in 2 weeks I start flying weekly so I am going to have to make some sort of move.....

Honestly, this was / is a great phone without the gimmick curved screen the precludes a viable screen protector. Other than that this phone has everything I wanted.

IF we are forced to switch, I haven't a clue what to so. The 7 Edge has worse edges the S7 has too small of a screen, the V20 coming out isn't waterproof and has a lesser quality screen and the iPhone 7 plus just isn't user friendly if you take a lot of pictures and constantly need to sort them into individual files, plug into your computer and easily transfer things, etc.

I am starting to think that the only realistic alternative that is remotely close is to go backwards and find a new or lightly used Note 5. Worse battery life, no waterproofing, no additional storage.

Don't really want to go with an S7 and get stuck living with it. My eyes and work need the bigger screen.....

It has good reviews there is the cloud use I do miss my SD card use but there isn't a phone I like to switch to from the Note7 the logical choice for me was the Note5. I had upgraded to the 7 from the 4. I traded yesterday. I like it and will suffice for me. At least I like the phone and don't hate it. I used the edge 7 for 12 days and I did not like that phone

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: The end of the Note line?

Might be the end of the "note" designation. But highly doubt it will be the end of the "note" connotation.

The next line will most likely have a different name, but will still be a "note" at heart.

darrell s

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site

The proof is in the pudding...the S7 Edge has been in production for more than six months and there have been any reports of igniting phones, at least none that I have heard of. So for whatever reason, its safety is proven.

Status
Not open for further replies.