Old Information about the Note 7 Recall

Status
Not open for further replies.

suitebliss

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: Rage quit Samsung anyone?

And if I'm not happy with the S7 Edge, I'll just return it for the Note 5. I'll settle for the 64gb and just keep everything in the cloud until the next Note comes out.

I've had every iPhone and also had all the notes with the exception of the 5. I love the customization.

You what what grinds my gears about iPhone fans, they always claim that that Android is just too much, but that's an option. You can keep it simple and use it with iPhone functionality.

(Sorry, I had surgery so im recliner bound and bored, LOL)

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Rage quit Samsung anyone?

I bought the 64GB version of the Note 5 last year and it's been a great phone! Solid, stable, great display, fast processor, and does not get hot at all! The coolest temp running smartphone to date for me.

Samsung did a great design in the Note 7, I'll give it to Sammy... but not only did it flame up... it ran very warm to hot for a lot of folks.

Sammy either promised too much for the phone and battery to handle and deliver or their QC simply failed.

I'm simply defending the Note 5 as It's a phone that delivers MUCH w/o being over burdened by a failed design. 😏 The phone simply delivers what it's supposed to do!

WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
Re: Why are note 7 catching fire and not edge 7 plus?

That's sickening that they made a mod like that for the game....

honda-Dave

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
No more fires lately?

So I know I'm not the only one still using my Note 7, so the question is, why all of a sudden there are no more stories of the phone catching on fire/exploding? Just wondering.........

grob9642

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
Re: I see No Viable Alternatives

Man it's gotta be the big Pixel now! Samsung just threw in the towel. Staggering to think how much credibility and cash this will cost them this year. Just a terrible result here.

dvarapala

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Am I The Only One Waiting For the Results of the Investigation?

It seems that everyone is falling all over themselves to jump off the Note 7 ship. Speculation is rampant: production on the phone has been ceased permanently, there will be an OTA update in 30 days that will brick all remaining Note 7s, "Game Over Man!" etc. etc. etc. And yet there is no official confirmation of any of that. All Samsung has actually said is :

1. Stop selling and exchanging Note 7s while the investigation is still taking place.
2. For your safety, power your Note 7 off while we figure out what's going on.
3. Customers can return their phones for a refund or exchange if they want.

As far as I know, as of this writing, there is no official second recall from the CPSC. There is no confirmation from Samsung that production has ceased permanently. There is no official confirmation from any carriers that they will never again be selling the Note 7. Now, those things may yet come to pass, but until that fat lady sings I'm not making any changes to my phone situation, and I'm most certainly not going to panic.

Am I the only one?

Samsmome

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Re: Note7 done now what to do with Gear S2?

I was able to return my Gear S2 today to AT&T and have the line cancelled. I got it back in August and did not have any issues returning the watch because the store manager said that any accessories purchased with the Note 7 were returnable. Hope that helps

Did they refund the activation fee? We purchased 2 note 7, got 2 watches and 2 tablets for free. Also have to pay the $10.00 a month on each.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Am I The Only One Waiting For the Results of the Investigation?

Verizon has already reset everyone's account back to upgrade status and will send a box kit to N7 owners residents to ship back the N7...
All this was automatically done by Verizon without having to contact them. So it's over.
As much as I'd love to keep my N7, it's not going to happen....
The device has been discontinued, there will be no support for this device

Edit: I forgot an important part of that.
When/if you order a new device, only then will they ship the box..
Sorry about that...

Last edited:

FlyBri

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: The end of the Note line?

I don't think it's the end of the Note line, but it'll be interesting to see what Samsung does though. If they can definitively find and fix the issue that is causing the batteries to catch fire, they may be able to release it again. This will be months down the road, but if they can somehow get it certified that it will no longer pose a safety threat, then they may be able to recoup some of the losses. In a situation like that, they would have to sell the Note 7 at a decently reduced price (probably no more than $600), due to the issues and also the fact that the phone will be much older by then.

In any case, I don't think everyone will forget this next year, because if Samsung releases a Note 8, the news will make sure people don't forget. I think in any case, they'll have to sell the Note 8 at a cheaper price to try and win people back. Only time will tell what Samsung does.

jinxygrrl

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site

Verizon has already reset everyone's account back to upgrade status and will send a box kit to N7 owners residents to ship back the N7...
All this was automatically done by Verizon without having to contact them. So it's over.
As much as I'd love to keep my N7, it's not going to happen....
The device has been discontinued, there will be no support for this device

Wow, really? I can confirm that my account does now say "Upgrade eligible" and that my Note 7 is worth $0.00. Are they really automatically sending us a return shipment kit?

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

Wow, really? I can confirm that my account does now say "Upgrade eligible" and that my Note 7 is worth $0.00. Are they really automatically sending us a return shipment kit?
I forgot an important part of that.
When/if you order a new device, only then will they ship the box..
Sorry about that...

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Did they refund the activation fee? We purchased 2 note 7, got 2 watches and 2 tablets for free. Also have to pay the $10.00 a month on each.

Have you not made a trip to your local store? Probably the best way to get those answers as it seems every manager is different pn what they will and won't do.

Samsmome

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site

Have you not made a trip to your local store? Probably the best way to get those answers as it seems every manager is different pn what they will and won't do.

No I haven't. Plan on going to the V20, but that doesn't come out until the 28th. Just switched to AT&T and we don't have a back up phone to use. So we're kinda stuck until then.
Please don't suggest buying a cheap phone to use in the interim, I shouldn't have to pay out more money for a phone I'm only going to use for about 2 weeks.

1213 1213

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site

I'd like to agree with you, but it very well seems to be over. But sure, feel free to wait a little while if you really want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49