Old Information about the Note 7 Recall

Status
Not open for further replies.

ateamlawn

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: Am I The Only One Waiting For the Results of the Investigation?

I'm not returning mine until and unless they brick it or restrict its performance. This is clearly the best smartphone ever made and I can't bring myself to return it when nothing else comes close.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: The end of the Note line?

People want to kill the Note over a battery issue? LOL! Talk about the media going too far!

1213 1213

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site

They might rebrand it, they might not. Remains to be seen. But regardless, they wont be getting rid of the actual phone so it doesn't matter if the branding changes.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site

I'm not returning mine until and unless they brick it or restrict its performance. This is clearly the best smartphone ever made and I can't bring myself to return it when nothing else comes close.

That has already begun. An update was pushed to the Note 7, which makes it inoperable with the Gear VR headset.

the real batman

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site

Whether there's a name change or not there will be a phone with a stylus. The market is just too big to ignore and Samsung's strategy of releasing flagships twice a year was working flawlessly for them and would still be were it not for this truly baffling fail on the part of the QC team. Now whatever it is called will probably release later than August next year because they will test the hell out of them but the aren't abandoning the larger productivity devices. It would be stupid to do so. If Toyota can rebound from people being terrified that their cars would accelerate them to their deaths, Samsung can recover from this. As long as the S8 is in the ballpark of the S8 in terms of quality and safety they'll be fine.

ateamlawn

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: No more fires lately?

Definitely a conspiracy. Samsung is getting too big and great for some U.S. haters. Samsung actually manufactures military equipment for South Korea.

PeakyBlinder

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site

The phone is dead and will be made defunct by the end of year. OTA software to kill the battery etc will then follow.

Deal with it and get a new phone.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site

That has already begun. An update was pushed to the Note 7, which makes it inoperable with the Gear VR headset.

Oh, and while you are waiting, everybody else is snatching up the only real comparable phone out there (S7 Edge). Yes, it's a downgrade, but the only real viable option, and nothing is on the horizon. And, no...the V20 is not comparable.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

This could be you soon with that attitude

Attachments

• 7985.jpg
    7985.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 151

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site

There likely HAVE been additional instances, but we're not being spoon fed those stories by the media, because they're on to something else now.

GeorgesBlazah

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Yeah the fat lady is already singing. Best bet is to find something else and wait for the next version. Thats what I just did.

wirelessgal

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site

This is not the end of the Note. Samsung's best sellers has always been their S-series and Note lineup. And changing the name is a bad idea because people will think Samsung is hiding something by doing that, especially the media. They should still call it the Note 8. Regardless of the name, everyone will still remember what happened to the Note 7.

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site

Whether there's a name change or not there will be a phone with a stylus. The market is just too big to ignore and Samsung's strategy of releasing flagships twice a year was working flawlessly for them and would still be were it not for this truly baffling fail on the part of the QC team. Now whatever it is called will probably release later than August next year because they will test the hell out of them but the aren't abandoning the larger productivity devices. It would be stupid to do so. If Toyota can rebound from people being terrified that their cars would accelerate them to their deaths, Samsung can recover from this. As long as the S8 is in the ballpark of the S8 in terms of quality and safety they'll be fine.

Agreed, they won't abandon it but they will have to re-brand it. If it were still called the Note come next year, the battery stories from this year would be rehashed from the sensationalistic media and cast a negative shadow over the launch.

Jona005

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site

I think it's a bit subjective. The local news here in western NY ran a story a day ago about a woman who had a comparable N7 meltdown occur. They showed pictures of the phone while interviewing her as well.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site

Oh, and while you are waiting, everybody else is snatching up the only real comparable phone out there (S7 Edge). Yes, it's a downgrade, but the only real viable option, and nothing is on the horizon. And, no...the V20 is not comparable.
I beg to differ. I had the s7 edge, and now chose the Note 5. Yes it's "older" but it is anew excellent phone and can keep up with all the stuff I was doing on the Note 7. Got mine new just the other day and it received a software update. Running well.

GeorgesBlazah

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

I doubt it. If they release it again the same time as this year they will be fine, the general public forgets fast. Sure sales might not be as high but give it a year or two and theyll be back on track.

james702283

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site

I'm still waiting to get more details. I went through hell and back to get the first one replaced. Until there is an official 2nd recall I think I might wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692