Old Information about the Note 7 Recall

Status
Not open for further replies.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Re: Rage quit Samsung anyone?

And if I'm not happy with the S7 Edge, I'll just return it for the Note 5. I'll settle for the 64gb and just keep everything in the cloud until the next Note comes out.

I've had every iPhone and also had all the notes with the exception of the 5. I love the customization.

You what what grinds my gears about iPhone fans, they always claim that that Android is just too much, but that's an option. You can keep it simple and use it with iPhone functionality.

(Sorry, I had surgery so im recliner bound and bored, LOL)
I did the same I gave back the S7 Edge and got the Note 5 however I have a 32 gigabyte but I'm fine with that because I use the cloud for a whole bunch of stuff

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Why are note 7 catching fire and not edge 7 plus?

Different battery sizes between the two/three... with the Edge actually having the BIGGER battery capacity.
And each wedged into their phones a different way.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Re: Am I The Only One Waiting For the Results of the Investigation?

I definitely want to know what happened in detail.

I have ordered an S7 Edge but very concerned about transitioning to it. I tried it long before the Note 7 and didn't like the edges...but was fine with them on the Note (with a case). Hoping a case resolves any issues with that.

I still have my Note 7...and plan to keep using it for the next several days for sure while I take my time setting up the Edge S7, but I intend to hang on for the entire return period of the Edge just in case something turns the tables on things. I HATE giving up this Note 7.

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site

Sometimes i think are people like you really sane? What's the OVERLY BIG desire to keep this smartphone? People like you think Note 7 is a Holy Grail that you just have to keep their hands on. Grow up of this juvenile attitude. It is potentially dangerous product, return it like Samsung has said, and wait for the next flagship product from them and/or buy something else meanwhile.

Gosh whata jokers.

I bet there's coming other such topics popping up her asking the same thing, as if maybe there's a chance the support continues and nothing happens, and Samsung does a complete 180 LOL.

And i bet LG V20 IPS panel produces more color accuracy, like the iPhone 7 is the new king of displaymate.com

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

Oh, and while you are waiting, everybody else is snatching up the only real comparable phone out there (S7 Edge). Yes, it's a downgrade, but the only real viable option, and nothing is on the horizon. And, no...the V20 is not comparable.

It depends if you value the camera and expandable storage over the s-pen. Some people need to have the s-pen.

The S7 edge is selling fast now. IMO it's the closest. I only had the option to get silver cause the gold and black would ship later.
If I was "stuck" with a downgraded phone, you can bet I'm getting the color I want. No way am I settling for a color because it's out of stock.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

And i bet LG V20 IPS panel produces more color accuracy, like the iPhone 7 is the new king of displaymate.com

Early reviews showed the V20 as being far off from color accuracy. I believe this was an earlier review unit, though.
If I'm not mistaken, the color accuracy of the Note7 was spot on.

Old Stoneface

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site

I "rage quit" Samsung long ago. Long story short: Galaxy Tab 2. They'd "improved" the Android clipboard with their own, inducing a clipboard malfunction, crashiness and a gaping security hole. They knew about it. It was even covered by several industry on-line news outlets. Failed to fix it. That told me all I needed to know about Samsung design capability and customer service.

I swore I'd never own another Samsung "smart" device.

fargas0822

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
Re: Verizon - Corporate/Business Users replacement to Pixel XL?

We have a business account for a small business. I am one of the people in charge of the account. I had no issue what so ever exchanging my phone over the phone. Didn't feel like going to the store this time. I ordered the iPhone 7 plus 256gb which is now on backorder. As soon as they get one in they are sending it out and I send the Note back. All this was done with no problem so I'm sure you'd have no problem ordering the Pixel.

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
A Possible Solution / A Compromise

We all loved the Note 7 because it is the most comfortable 5.7" screen phone ever made; narrow with minimal bezels. It's become obvious via the CPSC and Samsung's own admission that in the quest to make the phone as small as possible, the compact/high density battery design had unintentional catastrophic issues.

I would like to offer a possible design solution to Samsung.

REMOVE THE HEADPHONE JACK in order to allow for a LARGER/SAFER battery to fit. I know everyone here has chuckled about Apple's decision to remove it on the iPhone 7, but honestly, I'm willing to compromise on this in order for Samsung to release a better/safer phone with the same design aesthetics and features that we all loved.

If you agree, let your words be heard. Maybe they'll listen and move on it quickly.

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site

Verizon agreed..they were already sending out collection boxes to return.. Told me all clear to buy s7 edge from best buy..free tv!!

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site

Based on anandtech display test Note7 is good, but fary away from iPhone 7 in almost every test:
http:// Display - The iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus Review: Iterating on a Flagship

IPS is still just a better technology if utilized correct. Other than the deep dead black pixels and thus the energy efficiency (which is one of the main reasons phone makers go for OLED), IPS is better.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: A Possible Solution / A Compromise

It's a catastrophic instance like this that make you realize the true gains of removing the mic jack from the iPhone really was... space. Also shows you the genius of their design and the advantage of their total control of hardware and software in optimizing performance and power usage so that they don't have to play the big battery trend stuffing 3500+mah batteries to get long life using a 2900 mah battery I think in the 7 Plus?

The rumor has it though... the S8 will ditch the jack. I'm sure all manufacturers will start following the trend. They can blame it on Apple while it will give them the space they need to stuff more into these phones.

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site

Why? Just make the phone 1/4" bigger, and be done with it. I wouldn't even mind if the damn thing was twice as thick, if it meant 50% more battery...

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site

We all loved the Note 7 because it is the most comfortable 5.7" screen phone ever made; narrow with minimal bezels. It's become obvious via the CPSC and Samsung's own admission that in the quest to make the phone as small as possible, the compact/high density battery design had unintentional catastrophic issues.

I would like to offer a possible design solution to Samsung.

REMOVE THE HEADPHONE JACK in order to allow for a LARGER/SAFER battery to fit. I know everyone here has chuckled about Apple's decision to remove it on the iPhone 7, but honestly, I'm willing to compromise on this in order for Samsung to release a better/safer phone with the same design aesthetics and features that we all loved.

If you agree, let your words be heard. Maybe they'll listen and move on it quickly.

Do not agree about the head phone jack but i do like your avatar, one of my fav movies.

lanenubia

May 21, 2010
Visit site

You are not the only one, going to keep mine until the last possible minute, and even then i will most likely keep it a little bit beyond that.
Agreed. I am also waiting to hear from the investigation. Supposedly we have until December 31st to decide on exchanging. I want to see if something comparable comes out between now and then. Otherwise I will choose between the Note 5 or S7E. Both are as close as you can get to a Note 7, but Note 7 is better.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

It's become obvious via the CPSC and Samsung's own admission that in the quest to make the phone as small as possible, the compact/high density battery design had unintentional catastrophic issues

It has? How is this obvious? Is there one article where Samsung says this was the cause?

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site

Agreed. I am also waiting to hear from the investigation. Supposedly we have until December 31st to decide on exchanging. I want to see if something comparable comes out between now and then. Otherwise I will choose between the Note 5 or S7E. Both are as close as you can get to a Note 7, but Note 7 is better.

Will the wireless chargers work with the note 5

suitebliss

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site

I did the same I gave back the S7 Edge and got the Note 5 however I have a 32 gigabyte but I'm fine with that because I use the cloud for a whole bunch of stuff
I got a feeling I'll be doing the same thing. I'm definitely gonna hold off on buying a ton of accessories for the S7 Edge

oldskoolstyle70

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site

Early reviews showed the V20 as being far off from color accuracy. I believe this was an earlier review unit, though.
If I'm not mistaken, the color accuracy of the Note7 was spot on.
Yes. All the reviews out there are four preview units. The reputable reviewers started that and that there should be some changes made to the final version. Not sure what those changes will be though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15