Old Information about the Note 7 Recall

Status
Not open for further replies.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Re: Groupon has the S5 for 149

I had the S5 in the past quite a while ago it wasn't a bad device by any means. My concern for you is it is significantly smaller screenwise

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Re: LG V20 or Google Pixel?

I feel like I know some of you guys and gals after discussing the phone from pre-announcement through launch... Didn't think we'd have to scatter this fast.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: Am I The Only One Waiting For the Results of the Investigation?

I beg to differ. I had the s7 edge, and now chose the Note 5. Yes it's "older" but it is anew excellent phone and can keep up with all the stuff I was doing on the Note 7. Got mine new just the other day and it received a software update. Running well.
How's the battery after the update. Mine is horrible and so ate a lot of others if you read the note 5 forum

1213 1213

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site

Sometimes i think are people like you really sane? What's the OVERLY BIG desire to keep this smartphone? People like you think Note 7 is a Holy Grail that you just have to keep their hands on. Grow up of this juvenile attitude. It is potentially dangerous product, return it like Samsung has said, and wait for the next flagship product from them and/or buy something else meanwhile.

Gosh whata jokers.

I bet there's coming other such topics popping up her asking the same thing, as if maybe there's a chance the support continues and nothing happens, and Samsung does a complete 180 LOL.

And i bet LG V20 IPS panel produces more color accuracy, like the iPhone 7 is the new king of displaymate.com

LG displays have always been poor in terms of accuracy and efficiency. Not sure why you expect a 180 on that.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

Mine seems okay
I had to charge mine 3 times yesterday. I wiped the cache, some say that fixed it, will see. I ordered the s7 edge, figure can try that for a week and send it back if I can't stand it. It's a $35 gamble

Edit...Nothing is out of the ordinary when looking at the battery usage

Halloweenoreo

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site

I had the S5 in the past quite a while ago it wasn't a bad device by any means. My concern for you is it is significantly smaller screenwise

Oh ya I know that's a huge downgrade but I want to save my Upgrade til next year so making the sacrifice :/

1213 1213

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site

Agreed. I am also waiting to hear from the investigation. Supposedly we have until December 31st to decide on exchanging. I want to see if something comparable comes out between now and then. Otherwise I will choose between the Note 5 or S7E. Both are as close as you can get to a Note 7, but Note 7 is better.
The main substitutes to the note 7 are the s7 edge or the note 5 if you want a stylus. You could also consider the lg v20 or the iPhone 7 plus. One phone that nobody is mentioning is the Huawei mate 9 which should be out around December, and will have a next gen chipset with a73 cores that will only otherwise be seen in 2017.

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
Re: Rage quit Samsung anyone?

Samsung still is years ahead of apples ancient tech. Your only paying that high cost for iPhone's cause it has a shiny apple emblem on it. Other than that its just a good mid range device. Have fun going back to 2012...

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

It seems that everyone is falling all over themselves to jump off the Note 7 ship. Speculation is rampant: production on the phone has been ceased permanently, there will be an OTA update in 30 days that will brick all remaining Note 7s, "Game Over Man!" etc. etc. etc. And yet there is no official confirmation of any of that. All Samsung has actually said is :

1. Stop selling and exchanging Note 7s while the investigation is still taking place.
2. For your safety, power your Note 7 off while we figure out what's going on.
3. Customers can return their phones for a refund or exchange if they want.

As far as I know, as of this writing, there is no official second recall from the CPSC. There is no confirmation from Samsung that production has ceased permanently. There is no official confirmation from any carriers that they will never again be selling the Note 7. Now, those things may yet come to pass, but until that fat lady sings I'm not making any changes to my phone situation, and I'm most certainly not going to panic.

Am I the only one?

How each person deals with this is up to them, but remember since it is a safety issue you may not just be affecting you, but others if you keep it. It's up to you of course. What I see is:

• Samsung is recalling all the phones
  • Samsung will not be supporting the phone any more (except for updates to kill it)
  • It is a safety hazard

You'll have to replace it anyway. It seems like you are saying the benefit of having this phone for a few extra weeks outweighs above. I can't possibly imagine how it does, but again that is for you to decide. I'm sure you'll get a good phone (just not quite as good as the one you have now in your opinion, I surmise )

Jona005

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site

I wouldn't say I'm quitting Samsung entirely (I have a UHD Samsung TV which I love). However, I'm holding off on their mobile products til my upgrade next October. Will be giving the V20 a shot.

mscjr

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site

Samsung halted production and put together a replacement program - they no longer need to offer an explanation.

The decision to halt production was an internal initiative, I suspect the investigation is concluded and the smoking gun found; I can speculate it's not an easily resolved issue. Now they're working on preventing similar issues in the future.

I don't think a full report is going to be forthcoming to the public - I think they've said all they're going to say about.

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site

Oh ya I know that's a huge downgrade but I want to save my Upgrade til next year so making the sacrifice :/

I still have the S5. It is an excellent phone! Just Google all the reviews. And it can video in 4K. One advantage you will have is superior outdoor photography. You can crop an outdoor photo quite a bit and retain very good detail. Better than S6/7 and Note 7. That's because of a combination of factors 16MP, f2.4 and small pixel size. All that makes brilliant outdoor shots. Where later models are better are indoor shots.

But yeah, the S5 is a fantastic temporary phone and even in late 2016, holds up well with current phones.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

I love Samsung products. This one has a serious safety issue (yet it was an incredible, awesome phone outside of that). I have no intention of abandoning Samsung. I LOVE their TVs and I have a few other Samsung phones in my household. Pixel XL for me now ...

doodleholic

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Re: What would you replace your Note 7 with?

I've been looking around, but honestly, nothing seems appealing from any of the companies at the moment. I think I'll just return it for a refund, as I've tried the closest replacement in the S7 Edge and really didn't like it.

I might switch to my brother's old Note 4, if I can barter it from him, and use it until next year's Samsung phones come out. :-\

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63