Old Information about the Note 7 Recall

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Re: Am I The Only One Waiting For the Results of the Investigation?

Malicious code to only work on a small number of devices when all phones will be written with the same code?

How does that work then...?

And exactly who is working inside the factory that benefits from this inside job? And how does this benefit this person?

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: What would you replace your Note 7 with?

Ideally, yes, but at the end of the day, Samsung just took a multi-billion dollar loss. They could not care less about customer satisfaction right now.

My point was not customer satisfaction. It was Samsung should try making a small (and smart) effort to try to retain future business instead of just letting 2.5 million N7 owners just go off in many directions on different phones.

Mdm23

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Re: Rage quit Samsung anyone?

When I think of rage quitting I picture a child throwing a tantrum. Adults handle things differently.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Official Samsung statement regarding the Galaxy Note 7

One has nothing to do with the other. Not sure of the point of consistently bringing iPhone up when the thread isn't about iPhone.

I will say this: if there were this many news stories about ANY manufacturers phone, and I had personally seen more than one of that manufacturers phone over the past couple of years that had caught fire for no apparent reason, I wouldn't buy their products. I don't care if it says HTC, LG, BB or yes Apple on the front of it. The constant "but Apple, but Apple, but Apple" going on doesn't detract from the fact that Samsung, right now, has a credibility problem. There's even been posts when this whole thing started of "so and so said it was a Note 7 but it was a Galaxy Core, and then this report said a Note 7 but it was a GS6, and then this story said Note 7 when the phone clearly was GS7 - the media are making mistakes"...which is all well and good until you realize that the phones all had one manufacturer in common.

Stop diverting the discussion to bash other manufacturers because clearly Samsung has seen something from their end that they feel is dangerous enough to issue a global discontinuation of their flagship less than 2 months after release.
Brought It up because a lot of people has had problems with lithium batteries fires.
It was 1st hoverboard fires.
Then fires fired on airplanes with their batteries catchingbon fires.
Apple has had some.
And now Samsung.
But if'n I say Apple on a Samsung forum.
I got to have somebody to correct , me
Like im distracting from their post.

I don't think they got a lid on lithium batteries real solid yet.

PeakyBlinder

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site

Malicious coding placed in a only a number of phones that went by a specific point in Samsung's production cycle?

I think you've been watching too many movies.

The problem will lie with the USB-C connectors and/or the wiring within the phone in my opinion.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

There is no confirmation from Samsung that production has ceased permanently. There is no official confirmation from any carriers that they will never again be selling the Note 7. Now, those things may yet come to pass, but until that fat lady sings I'm not making any changes to my phone situation, and I'm most certainly not going to panic.

Yes there is official word on it being canceled. See below.

Samsung permanently cancels the Galaxy Note 7 | Android Central

dstrauss

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Re: A Possible Solution / A Compromise

This "size" thing is a freakin' joke! What do you think, 95% put a case on their phones anyway, so why not add a few mm to thickness and give you the room you really need for a decent battery and support electronics.

jn3wman

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site

Based on anandtech display test Note7 is good, but fary away from iPhone 7 in almost every test:
http:// Display - The iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus Review: Iterating on a Flagship

IPS is still just a better technology if utilized correct. Other than the deep dead black pixels and thus the energy efficiency (which is one of the main reasons phone makers go for OLED), IPS is better.
I don't care what that article says. Note 7 is the best looking display to the naked eye in my opinion. Period. If you prefer the iPhone then that is your choice.

Angus66

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

Note 7 was the perfect phone and this whole thing sucks if we're forced to return it - nothing really compares right now.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

I've been researching possible replacements for my N7 for a good portion of the last 24 hours and nothing available now (or within the next month or so) even comes close. Every possible alternative has too many compromises - no wireless charging, not waterproof, no microSD, no super AMOLED screen, etc, etc.

To top it off I have numerous N7 accessories - $60 worth of cases, several USB-C chargers, several wireless quick-charge chargers that are now useless to me...

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site

It doesn't cause me an issue. I just think malicious code on a very small number of phones is a little far fetched to say the least when it's fairly obvious it's a circuitry problem.

If it's a circuitry problem, it would have been replicated by now.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Where in that article does Samsung say the halt is permanent? I know it's implied, but I'm just saying.

They didn't say suspend (like during the recall which means they will return) -- they said "cancels the Note 7". It is the wording.

Syounger64

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site

Samsung's main money maker seems to be the s7 nor the Note. I would think there are many loyal Note fans like me who WILL come back to a new Note when all proven safe.

jn3wman

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: OK, so now what?

Even with your phone essentially bricked? Good luck with that.
Samsung has not given any statement so far saying they will be bricking this phone. Not sure where you guys are getting information from. As of right now this is just a rumor & I'm not at all concerned with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool