Old Information about the Note 7 Recall

Status
Not open for further replies.

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: Am I The Only One Waiting For the Results of the Investigation?

They didn't say suspend (like during the recall which means they will return) -- they said "cancels the Note 7". It is the wording.

Only official statement in that article says "...halt sales and production..." it doesn't say if it's permanent or not. It likely is, but making that claim without official wording is a stretch.

PeakyBlinder

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Re: OK, so now what?

Samsung has not given any statement so far saying they will be bricking this phone. Not sure where you guys are getting information from. As of right now this is just a rumor & I'm not at all concerned with it.

The fact they done it with the first batch of phones to reduce the battery to 60%. They will do it again.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Only official statement in that article says "...halt sales and production..." it doesn't say if it's permanent or not. It likely is, but making that claim without official wording is a stretch.

We can agree to disagree :).

Monte J

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Anybody get a message like this on their Note 7?

Turned my phone on this morning and after about an hour got the below message:

Safety Recall Notice
"Your Galaxy Note 7 is not an affected device
You can continue using your device normally."

It also had my IMEI number attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161012-06224011111.jpg
    Screenshot_20161012-06224011111.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 34

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

Why Samsung Abandoned Its Galaxy Note 7 Flagship Phone
Why Samsung Abandoned Its Galaxy Note 7 Flagship Phone

"The problem seems to be far more complex," Mr. Park said in a phone interview. "The Note 7 had more features and was more complex than any other phone manufactured. In a race to surpass iPhone, Samsung seems to have packed it with so much innovation it became uncontrollable."

Kind of like how their TouchWiz has worked in past :-\

tnick84

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: Anybody get a message like this on their Note 7?

Turned my phone on this morning and after about an hour got the below message:

Safety Recall Notice
"Your Galaxy Note 7 is not an affected device
You can continue using your device normally."

It also had my IMEI number attached.

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: What would you replace your Note 7 with?

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

I've been researching possible replacements for my N7 for a good portion of the last 24 hours and nothing available now (or within the next month or so) even comes close. Every possible alternative has too many compromises - no wireless charging, not waterproof, no microSD, no super AMOLED screen, etc, etc.
To top it off I have numerous N7 accessories - $60 worth of cases, several USB-C chargers, several wireless quick-charge chargers that are now useless to me...

Yep. I bought a ton of stuff for my Note 7 too that I won't be able to return. I've started a spread sheet of some possible replacements, but none tick all the boxes.
Top alternatives IMO are V20 (uses USB-C so we can use our Note 7 charges and cables, 64gb internal like N7, sd card, supposed good camera and the DAC audio, 5.7screen and removable battery). But no wireless charge, smaller battery, not waterproof, and bigger (taller phone).
2nd for me to look at is S7Edge, but it's only 1/2 the internal memory (and I had issues with my Note 4 with 32gb internal with apps clogging it up)

So I'm gonna wait til the V20 comes out and check it out then decide.(I don't have a backup now as I gave my Note 4 to the wife). Or just keep the N7 and hope it doesn't blow up (kidding).

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: Official Samsung statement regarding the Galaxy Note 7

Mod Note: Thread has been cleaned.

Please refrain from posting things that may come off as trolling or hurtful. Instead, let us all take a deep breath and try to discuss in a friendly and helpful manner in a way that allows everyone to learn something. ;)

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

"The problem seems to be far more complex," Mr. Park said in a phone interview. "The Note 7 had more features and was more complex than any other phone manufactured. In a race to surpass iPhone, Samsung seems to have packed it with so much innovation it became uncontrollable."

Kind of like how their TouchWiz has worked in past :-\

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
Another article assigning reasons for the failure (so much innovation!) when even within the same article, they say no one knows how or why it is happening.

"[FONT=&quot]Mr. Park said he had talked with some Samsung engineers but none seemed to know what happened, nor were they able to replicate the problem."[/FONT]

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: note 5 vs note 7

I had one and it was a good phone, problem is the Note 7 was better so going from the 7 down to the 5 I think you'll notice it. You can always try it out and just keep track of your return period to see if it works for you. I went with the S7 Edge because of the expandable memory and later tech since it was just released in March. I'll be keeping my eye on the S8 variations when they come out. I've been setting up the S7 Edge for the last 2 hours and it does feel like a downgrade but I think most phones will compared to the Note 7 (I'm speaking specifically to android phones). I didn't feel like waiting for the Pixel or V20, just wanted to be done with the mess.

Agreed...during the first recall, I went back to the Note 5 and while I loved that phone when it was a daily driver, it sure felt like a downgrade when I had to use it for a while.

Dubss

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
It's really funny that as soon as Samsung Pulls the plug on the Note 7 all the fires stop. This hole thing is so shady

Sorry for the bad spelling on the title lol

jordankreationz

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: All the fires stopped shaddy

Well I'm sure that it's because the entire world has followed directions and powered down. (This typed from my a note 7 as I cheat death one more time...)

Dubss

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
Re: All the fires stopped shaddy

I don't know man form what I'm readimg Samsung doesn't even know why there note 7 doing this they cant replicate it this all seems shady that's all

comestim

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Anybody get a message like this on their Note 7?

That is form the Samsung+. It has not been not been updated with the new recall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21