10-11-2016 09:32 AM
90 1234
tools
    I am looking at V20 so far (but I have nightmares from an old LG phone I had....lol), the Axon 7 or the Moto Z play. I need something with a large screen, supports SD card and greater than 32 gb......no iphone please.
    By the way can we pre-order the LG V20? I know right, shouldn't even be talking about "pre-order" right now...lol.
    I had a v10 and loved it until the update which destroyed the battery life and started giving me call issues
    10-11-2016 08:04 AM
    Havent been in the NOTE Club as long as some of ya'll. The Note 5 was my first and it sure made an impact. Im addicted to Notes. lol. Shoot im officially a samsung sheep. Walked out with my Note 5 and a Tab A w/spen. Within the year of Note 5 release i have purchased 7 other samsung products and received 2 free.

Been watching some comparison videos. The v20 look enticing but how well will it work with my samsung watches? It definitely wont be compatible with my Tab Pro S and samsung flow. Then stuck with a VR because im sure most edge7 users got one free already. cant forget SAMSUNG PAY!

Wouldnt even mind samsung replacing my note 7 with a note 5 as long as its a note im good.
    It all depends on your needs. Note5 does not have expandable storage and only 32gb. I was running out of space with barely anything on it. The S7E has the same camera and expandable storage. The V20 I read has pretty bad battery life. I don't care about flipping batteries in and out of my phone. The Pixels has huge bezels and on screen controls that reduces the usable screen size.
    I want to keep my Note7 as well, but know that I can't now. There is no other phone out there that I would be excited to get right now.
    10-11-2016 08:06 AM
    I had a v10 and loved it until the update which destroyed the battery life and started giving me call issues
    See nightmarish....lol
    10-11-2016 08:06 AM
    Keeping mine, the only way i will stop using it is if they somehow disable it. So come on people spill the beans this is my first Android phone how do i disable the auto updates.
    Wrap it in aluminum foil, put it in the freezer over night, let it sit out for a few hours then you should be good to go. The freezing will disable the chip that receives the updates, but the phone should continue to work just fine.
    From A Buick 8 likes this.
    10-11-2016 08:12 AM
    My issue is that there is literally no other phone that I want. I am pretty much married to the Note line and the SPen. I didn't go for the Note 5 because it didn't have an SD card but I had the 2, 3 and 4. I guess I could live without my SPen for a few months but I don't want to get stuck paying for a device that I don't really want for two years.
    French likes this.
    10-11-2016 08:12 AM
    Ok good just saw on CNN that we have starting October 13th until December 31st to return or exchange the Note 7. Hopefully, carriers will oblige by this.
    lanenubia likes this.
    10-11-2016 08:13 AM
    Wrap it in aluminum foil, put it in the freezer over night, let it sit out for a few hours then you should be good to go. The freezing will disable the chip that receives the updates, but the phone should continue to work just fine.
    No wonder you have a monkey as your avatar....lmao. Too funny.
    warlocks_x likes this.
    10-11-2016 08:14 AM
    I am looking at V20 so far (but I have nightmares from an old LG phone I had....lol), the Axon 7 or the Moto Z play. I need something with a large screen, supports SD card and greater than 32 gb......no iphone please.
    The Pixel XL has 128GB models, but no SD card. Do you need more space than that? That is the phone I am moving to. I pre-ordered one.
    10-11-2016 08:15 AM
    Wow can you imagine if this thing caught fire while you were doing VR? Now that is some scary stuff.
    But those people are "not afraid".
    10-11-2016 08:17 AM
    Keeping mine, the only way i will stop using it is if they somehow disable it. So come on people spill the beans this is my first Android phone how do i disable the auto updates.
    Again, should you do something like that, then you're placing yourself at liability should anything happen and cause harm to you and/or anybody or anything around you. You will not be able to make any claims against Samsung.

Who will you blame at that point?
    10-11-2016 08:19 AM
    When mine is completely disabled, then I will search for a new phone. And yes I'm aware of the recall and no I won't blame Sammy if something happens.
    10-11-2016 08:20 AM
    Ok good just saw on CNN that we have starting October 13th until December 31st to return or exchange the Note 7. Hopefully, carriers will oblige by this.
    I find this whole fiasco fascinating (and BEYOND infuriating). There is no recall in the truest sense of the word (YET!). I have received no communication from Samsung nor Verizon this go around as I did last time. Both reached out to me via email and text message after the first recall. What if I weren't a techie that reads tech blogs, trade journals, boards, subreddits, etc.? How would I know?

BTW, before you select few that seem to love to bounce from thread to thread shaming people that are reluctant to give up their phone, give it a rest. I'm not flying, not sleeping over at your house and live way out in the country.

If last night's statement from Samsung (populated via www ONLY) is their only communication to the consumer until they brick the device I will be even more angry at them than I am now.
    10-11-2016 08:22 AM
    When mine is completely disabled, then I will search for a new phone. And yes I'm aware of the recall and no I won't blame Sammy if something happens.
    Good to know....be safe out there.
    10-11-2016 08:23 AM
    Now that there is documentation of you knowing :-) , you might not be able to blame them (legally), if something does happen. I hope nothing does. Stay safe ..
    10-11-2016 08:25 AM
    Though I agree 100% with the sentiment and think the Note 7 is truly the greatest device ever, I think we might not be able to keep it. This might be the first device for safety reasons the IMEI could be killed. I expect phases, depending on the CPSC as example for the US.

1. A public announcement of a deadline
    2. Emails to current active owners
    3. A firmware update cutting charge to a very low amount
    4. The IMEI numbers killed

I would normally be the person saying BS to this, but within the next few weeks not surprised if this happens. At a bare minimum, there will be zero support for any problems and no updates. Gear VR support is already killed.
    dsignori likes this.
    10-11-2016 08:25 AM
    I find this whole fiasco fascinating (and BEYOND infuriating). There is no recall in the truest sense of the word (YET!). I have received no communication from Samsung nor Verizon this go around as I did last time. Both reached out to me via email and text message after the first recall. What if I weren't a techie that reads tech blogs, trade journals, boards, subreddits, etc.? How would I know?

BTW, before you select few that seem to love to bounce from thread to thread shaming people that are reluctant to give up their phone, give it a rest. I'm not flying, not sleeping over at your house and live way out in the country.

If last night's statement from Samsung (populated via www ONLY) is their only communication to the consumer until they brick the device I will be even more angry at them than I am now.
    Honestly, Samsung never said it will not bring the phone back to life. I could see them waiting until after the 1st of the year and brining it back as the S7E Pro...but it will look just like the Note7. My guess is the Note line "as a name" is probably dead.

I actually like that better...3 lines:
    S 5.1
    SE 5.5
    SE Pro 5.7+ with pen
    WalkingHorse and my1december like this.
    10-11-2016 08:27 AM
    Now that there is documentation of you knowing :-) , you might not be able to blame them (legally), if something does happen. I hope nothing does. Stay safe ..
    I am aware of the risk (extremely small) and yes it is documented. I would even go as far as to willingly sign a waiver to continue to use the phone.
    10-11-2016 08:29 AM
    Done, thanks
    10-11-2016 08:31 AM
    OK.. first, Samsung will work to disable the phone remotely, and yes, you can choose to turn off updates if you choose. But carriers can easily block the phone from working on their network... I suspect that it might come to that if they see any sort of significant number of models still in use. They know you have a Note 7, and they've all pretty much already abandoned it.

I fully expect the phone to get blacklisted at some point in the not-so distant future.
    10-11-2016 08:35 AM
    I'm going to keep mine as long as possible. The axe coming down on VR sucks and gets me closer jumping ship. Not sure if it will work, but I'm using this battery temp alarm app that might give me a heads up if something does start to go south with the battery.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rytempalarmpro
    10-11-2016 08:37 AM
    Getting rid of a phone that will not receive updates or security patches means you're a quitter? If I had a N7 I most certainly would return it. I know chances are slim that your N7 will catch on fire but if it does at this point the fault is on you. They are giving people the option to return the phone for something different and new so you should take it.
    10-11-2016 08:37 AM
    It shocks me to read those who want to sign waivers, assume liability, etc just to use this phone.

Do you REALLY want to be 100% liable for when your phone explodes? What if it happens in a: restaurant, mall, cab, your car, your home, your apartment complex (where others live!), your school, work, etc, etc etc. Your insurance (renters, homeowners, auto) is NOT going to cover losses that occur when the you were TOLD to return the device because it is dangerous. You got deep pockets to pay for those potential lawsuits? What if it explodes while you are driving and you cause a major accident and kill someone? What if it explodes and burns down your apartment complex and kills someone? What if it explodes at 30,000 feet while you're flying (even IF you shut it off, we've seen they self-destruct)? What if you burn down your place of employment? Coworkers will love you won't they?

Think about what you are saying. Be smart. It SUCKS. I wanted this phone so bad.
    10-11-2016 08:40 AM
    I hate to be the harbinger of bad news.

But the Note 7 is done. Finished. Dead. Zero. Nada.

No carrier is selling the phone or providing exchanges, and Samsung has not even mentioned anything about future replacement units (which seems consistent with the reports that Samsung has killed off the Note 7 for good).

Because it's done and that Samsung is asking everyone with a Note 7 to power down their phone and to return it, they won't be obligated to push any update for it. No Nougat, no security patches, no Android O, not even Action Memo. The only update you'll probably see is an update that cripples the entire phone to the point where it's almost unusable.

Seriously, folks. Do the right thing. Reset it, shut it down and go return it. It's not worth keeping anymore since its resale value will pretty much be zero and it will likely never be supported.

I know very few phones match this one in terms of capabilities and features, but that is no excuse to keep a phone that already has such a bad reputation tied to it, to the point where it's prohibited in some places.
    Law2138, mscjr and Jona005 like this.
    10-11-2016 08:43 AM
    It shocks me to read those who want to sign waivers, assume liability, etc just to use this phone.

Do you REALLY want to be 100% liable for when your phone explodes? What if it happens in a: restaurant, mall, cab, your car, your home, your apartment complex (where others live!), your school, work, etc, etc etc. Your insurance (renters, homeowners, auto) is NOT going to cover losses that occur when the you were TOLD to return the device because it is dangerous. You got deep pockets to pay for those potential lawsuits? What if it explodes while you are driving and you cause a major accident and kill someone? What if it explodes and burns down your apartment complex and kills someone? What if it explodes at 30,000 feet while you're flying (even IF you shut it off, we've seen they self-destruct)? What if you burn down your place of employment? Coworkers will love you won't they?
    Imagine if something happened and it ended up injuring a friend or loved one. Would these people be comfortable saying "Blame me. It was my fault" and "I knew this could happen, but I was not afraid" directly to the face of their injured child or significant other?

I'm sure we know the answer to that.
    Jona005 likes this.
    10-11-2016 08:44 AM
    I am starting to think that some of you do not want us to keep our Note 7. i mean i may be wrong but that is what i am inferring.
    james702283 likes this.
    10-11-2016 08:45 AM
90 1234