Will Note 7 Accessories be reimbursed?

123spongebob123

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Now that only options are exchange or refund what about reimbursement of accessories what are the carriers or Samsung doing about reimbursing of the accessories investment made for Note 7?
First recall they were giving these options, are they going to be doing the same?
Also if so what are they doing and what is needed to get money back and how?
Thanks

AxiosENT

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: Exchange or Refund-What About Reimbursement of Accessories?????

I'm looking for a solution as well in either refund or store credit. I have two fast wireless chargers. The cases it's eh I don't care I scored them off Amazon for cheap

Kansatsusha

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site

my usb-c related stuff can be reused... but for anyone who bought accessories online... are sol they dont have to refund u. Accessories from local store are able to I think

piinkRainbowz

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I just got this nice wallet case from Amazon right after I got my replacement. ������������������������ And the glittery decal.

I decided to dress her up. Cause this was my baby.

But yes. Us on online bargain shoppers are screwed unless we keep our phones. Ugh..

Last edited by a moderator:

Kansatsusha

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site

256 samsung card 250$ > other miscellaneous was around 30 dollar "minus usb c related stuff" so I can eat up that lost it just feel like I paid around 30ish dollar for a large microsd card.

If I add my usb related stuff I guess add 20$ but I still win there. There are other who did some exchange stuff and what not and got extra stuff so they really cant argue losing for returning the phone and still have the extra.

steveh552

Trusted Member
Mar 6, 2010
Visit site

Check with your online retailer, some are accepting returns of items related to the N7. There was a couple who checked with Amazon and they agreed to take their items back after the return window.

crosshair

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Money back for Note 7 accessories purchased?

Next step is for Samsung to let me know how to get my money back for the Gear VR, Note 7 case, and screen protector that I can no longer return. Anyone heard of what they will do or offer?

GaffaAce

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Re: Money back for Note 7 accessories purchased?

Yeah, a good question.

I bought the LED Case from an eBay shop for the Note 7 three days before I was due to get the phone, at a cost of £40 GBP. And now, I'll never have the phone because it was never re-sold here in the UK. I'm thinking of emailing Samsung and asking them how I can be refunded.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I recently purchased and received the Samsung Screen protector from Amazon. I have been approved for a return & refund. I also got 2 Supcase Unicorn Beetle Pro cases when I first received the original note at the beginning of September. Was also approved for a refund on the 2 cases this morning, and I was told I didn't have to send the cases back in.

I also just purchased some USB-C specific accessories from samsung's official website, but I think I might keep them, as they can be used in the future on another compatible device.

bmonday

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
Yes! Amazon Refunding Accessory Purchases - Chat Log

Hola

I talked with Amazon today to see about a refund for my 2nd gen Gear VR, which I bought in late August (over 30 days ago). After conferring with their manager, the customer service agent I chatted with agreed to take it back.

Here's the chat log:

You are now connected to Darell from Amazon.com
Me: Hi Darell
Darell: Hello, my name is Darell.
Thank you for being a Prime member.
Me: You're welcome
Are you aware of the Samsung Note 7 recall
Darell: No Beau, but I'll be more than happy to check that for you.
Do you have the order number?
Me: [REDACTED]
Darell: Thank you!
Me: The phone that this headset attaches to is currently being recalled worldwide, due to it exploding and/or bursting into flames
Samsung is issuing full refunds
they say that accessory purchases are also going to be refunded
so can I send this back to you for a refund
Darell: What is the name of the item that you'd like to return?
Me: Samsung Gear VR - Virtual Reality Headset - Latest Edition
Darell: Thank you!
I'm still researching to make sure I get this right. Please give me a couple more minutes.
Me: ok
Darell: Thanks.
Hello Beau?
Me: yes hi
Darell: I have talked with my lead regarding your clocern.
*concern
We will give you an exception since the samsung note was recalled.
we will give you a return label sol you can return the item for a refund.
Me: great, thank you
Darell: You're most welcome please stay connected.
Here is the link for the label: [REDACTED]
Me: what condition does it need to be in? I'm not sure I have all the original bits it came with, or the box
Darell: Just re pack the item, print out the label and attached it on the outside packaging of the item that you will return.
Me: OK, so if I don't have the original box, it's OK?
Darell: Yes it's okay you can use a different box.
Me: ok great.
I think that's all I needed - thanks!
Darell: You're most welcome.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: Yes! Amazon Refunding Accessory Purchases - Chat Log

I would read that last bit as, "It's okay if you don't have the original Amazon shipping container; just use any box."

But, given the circumstances, I think you will get away with not having the original product packaging, so don't worry about it.

Berwolf

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site

I would think if they are recalling the phone and ceasing production there would be no need for the packaging, not like they are going to resell it.

alexeisch

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site

I have about $150 worth of accessories I ordered on Amazon and they sent me return labels for all of them. Thankfully Amazon is stepping up a bit here and giving money back for items that a) we can't use anymore and b) we can't sell as no one will have this phone anymore! Bravo Amazon!

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

I would think if they are recalling the phone and ceasing production there would be no need for the packaging, not like they are going to resell it.
The 2016 VR works with more phones than just the Note 7.

suitebliss

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site

Thinking maybe I should not buy too many accessories for whatever phone I choose, as I believe Samsung will provide us prior N7 users a sweet deal when the next Note hits the market.

Halloweenoreo

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Reimbursements... do we get any

So does anyone truly know if we will be reimbursed for the N7 and the things we bought ?

Sales taxes we had to pay when we first got the phone..

Accessories.. like screen protectors for both the original and the replacement and cases

Wireless charger (I know it works with the S7 and S7E) but if someone does a full flip to a different brand

Are we just out this money or anywayto get reimbursement?

Never got my 25 bucks from the first recall..

Sucks as I loved this phone RIP N7

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Reimbursements... do we get any

So does anyone truly know if we will be reimbursed for the N7 and the things we bought ?

Sales taxes we had to pay when we first got the phone..

Accessories.. like screen protectors for both the original and the replacement and cases

Wireless charger (I know it works with the S7 and S7E) but if someone does a full flip to a different brand

Are we just out this money or anywayto get reimbursement?

Never got my 25 bucks from the first recall..

Sucks as I loved this phone RIP N7
You should be fully reimbursed for the device from the retailer you purchased the device from. So that would include tax. However, accessories are something different and I don't think that's been discussed. I'd check with the retailer if they will take it back or refund you.

Halloweenoreo

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site

You should be fully reimbursed for the device from the retailer you purchased the device from. So that would include tax. However, accessories are something different and I don't think that's been discussed. I'd check with the retailer if they will take it back or refund you.

I'm with verizon do you think they would just do it as a bill credit?

Went in there just to ask about the phone but money never came up as i was just wanting info on the recall

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site

Went in there just to ask about the phone but money never came up as i was just wanting info on the recall

if you bought them from verizon, i think they will refund on the note 7 specific items.

Booboo48

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site

I messaged vzw customer service and was told they would reimburse for Note 7 specific accessories. I'm going this weekend so hopefully it holds true