10-14-2016 08:50 AM
188 ... 678
tools
    as they told me today, "It shows as paid off. Its yours. However, you assume liability if anything happens."
    This should be reposted again and again and again.
    jordankreationz likes this.
    10-13-2016 09:24 PM
    This should be reposted again and again and again.
    You do realize that if they refuse to take it and give a refund he is not liable in any way? The recall is because of the 2nd round fires. The cpsc nor Samsung can replicate nor explain why this happened so they recalled. Cramming that statement down someone's throat over and over does nothing to help him replace his phone.
    athenatp, sandra_17 and Joachimi like this.
    10-13-2016 09:53 PM
    You do realize that if they refuse to take it and give a refund he is not liable in any way? The recall is because of the 2nd round fires. The cpsc nor Samsung can replicate nor explain why this happened so they recalled. Cramming that statement down someone's throat over and over does nothing to help him replace his phone.
    Thank You !
    Joachimi and jordankreationz like this.
    10-13-2016 09:58 PM
    You do realize that if they refuse to take it
    They did not refuse to take it.
    10-13-2016 09:59 PM
    They do refuse to provide an option for customers who cannot just float a giant corporation $70+ for 6 weeks. They do insult customers by charging an upgrade fee for a downgrade with a promise of, "Oh, it's fine. You'll get a bill credit on your next statement."

It's not acceptable and forces some customers to keep this device they're saying is so dangerous because they can't afford to exchange. That's wrong.
    Joachimi likes this.
    10-13-2016 10:18 PM
    They do refuse to provide an option for customers who cannot just float a giant corporation $70+ for 6 weeks. They do insult customers by charging an upgrade fee for a downgrade with a promise of, "Oh, it's fine. You'll get a bill credit on your next statement."

It's not acceptable and forces some customers to keep this device they're saying is so dangerous because they can't afford to exchange. That's wrong.
    You should fight it. If it doesn't work the only way you can fight it is by swapping carriers.
    10-13-2016 11:49 PM
    You should fight it. If it doesn't work the only way you can fight it is by swapping carriers.
    Fight it like in the aforementioned three separate conversations with customer service? Been there, done that.

Switching carriers? Not much of an option when the cost of exchange is the issue at hand. The costs of setting up a new account elsewhere and paying early termination fees would be prohibitive in such a case.
    10-14-2016 04:15 AM
    So many cases of Exploding Note 7.
    Then came the Recall and now there are no cases
    BUT THERE ARE STILL PEOPLE USING THE NOTE 7
    SO HOW COME ALL THE NOTE 7 WORKING FINE NOW ???
    Think about it
    jgraves1107 and sandra_17 like this.
    10-14-2016 05:12 AM
    So many cases of Exploding Note 7.
    Then came the Recall and now there are no cases
    BUT THERE ARE STILL PEOPLE USING THE NOTE 7
    SO HOW COME ALL THE NOTE 7 WORKING FINE NOW ???
    Think about it
    It does beg the question doesn't it.
    Joachimi likes this.
    10-14-2016 07:11 AM
    I've been thinking about this question for days. Why all of a sudden are there no phones exploding?
    10-14-2016 07:15 AM
    I am not a statistics person, but the probability of the phones exploding was very minute to begin with. Coupled with the fact that people have been turning their phones in and there is no more to gain if there is a massive recall, we probably won't hear about any more phones exploding. Also, most people who are keeping their phones know full well that it might explode so they won't really come forward. We have to see in the coming weeks how many of these phones Samsung has recovered. IMHO.
    10-14-2016 07:35 AM
    I have watched, read and listened to everything regarding this recall and what aggravates me the most is the lack of communication between Samsung and the carriers on how to do this to make the hassle for THEIR customers as painless as possible. I called my local AT&T corporate store and they have no clue as to what to do and do correctly. Every question I asked I was put on hold to get an answer. I was told that the $100 credit is not offered through AT&T and I have to go through Samsung and their customer service. Is this correct?
    They said they would take back the Otterbox cover and screen protector I purchased so at least that is a plus. I have been a Samsung customer since the original Note and this nonsense has me really thinking about switching brands. I love the Note and Samsung's phones, but they have so royally botched this phone and how its been handled that its making me re-think which direction to go.
    The logical choice is the S7 edge, but my wife has the phone and it doesn't impress me. The LG V20 looks like a good phone, but without them being in stock to look at and a "new" phone that is untested with the public who knows. The Pixell isnt even offered by AT&T, so I am left with 2 phones to chose from and neither impress me. I like the LG but without it having the wireless charging capability I'll lose that. Iphone isn't even an option.
    Such aggravation over a cell phone. Going tonight to do the switch and its a flip of the coin on which way to go.
    So what did you get?

Every time I think I've made a decision I think of 10 reasons why it's not a good decision, or mostly, why I'm just screwed whichever option I decide to take.
    jgraves1107 and Joachimi like this.
    10-14-2016 08:26 AM
    Mod Note: Ladies and gentlemen, please keep discussion productive and on topic. Personal attacks, insults, taking threads off topic and other disruptive posting behaviors are not acceptable. If you do not like a post, please behave like an adult and move on, or if you feel it violates the forum rules, please report it. At no point should members be calling each other out in posts. Thanks.
    wcourtois likes this.
    10-14-2016 08:50 AM
188 ... 678