11-06-2016 05:26 AM
555 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    Not sure if anyone's mentioned it, but the forthcoming Xiaomi Note 2 looks interesting as well.

Attachment 242138
    Looks interesting, but we can't buy one directly in the US.

And there's no guarantee that it'll work on LTE bands here.
    hasasimo and jordans0nly like this.
    10-12-2016 11:39 PM
    A co worker and myself just took back our 2nd Note7s, and ordered iphone7+, Havent had a Apple since iPhone4s , We will see how the Note 8 goes and if i return back to Android...
    10-12-2016 11:46 PM
    It came down to S7E or Pixel XL

Pros:
    Nexus-ish (latest Android, fast updates).
    Better performance than N7 (newer chip, leaner software).

Cons:
    Ugly.
    Half assed multitasking.
    Lack of ultra precise input method (s pen).
    No SD.
    Less waterproofing.
    No Gear VR.
    No LED wallet case.
    No Samsung Pay.
    Display downgrade.

DANG, I'm going to miss the note 7! Supposedly the pixels will have a better camera and battery life. We will see.

Why didn't I go with the S7 Edge? The edges are too pronounced, lack of Grace UI and updated theme engine, will be leap frogged by the s8 soon enough to make buying new at this point a stretch in cognitive dissonance.

What I'm going to miss the most:
    Gorgeous screen.
    S pen.
    Samsung Pay.
    Hand-feel.
    Aesthetics.
    Gear Vr.
    Wireless charging.

Wish I had never traded the N5 in. But if I'm forced to spend more money again, I've got to move forward. Too much time spent futzing with the N7 at this point.

Hopefully the Google-centric experience, inclusion of assistant, Android pay, and daydream are enough to satisfy. Not getting my hopes up.

Extremely let down by the second N7 recall.

No clue what to do with gear vr, wireless chargers, and led wallet case. Don't know if I can find the receipts for that stuff anymore.

Bummer.

Did anyone else spend a crap load of time deliberating between the two options?

LG V20 didn't even factor in. Have you seen the battery life, or lack thereof?

Just, ugh. For the whole situation.
    10-12-2016 11:50 PM
    I feel the same way uhhh
    Have w pixel xl on order not excited

Almost thinking iPhone 7 plus and jailbreak it.
    I know I can sell the iPhone 7 plus for more money then a pixel xl

So I can buy a note 8
    crxx and Harlemknight like this.
    10-13-2016 12:00 AM
    People are writing off the lgv20's battery life and the phone isn't even out and people only have their hands on pre-production units...
    Jona005 and tadpoles like this.
    10-13-2016 12:12 AM
    You can still use the vr... just use it with the cardboard app... I been messing around with mine on the n7 since they disabled oculus. No, it's not as seamless as oculus, bit but its useable
    10-13-2016 12:17 AM
    Even if the V20 did have semi poor battery life, it would take seconds to swap to a spare battery. So those concerned about battery life and not around a charging source, you actually get longer batt life depending on how many spare v20 batts you have.
    tadpoles likes this.
    10-13-2016 12:39 AM
    I'm gonna go back to my Note 4. There is no flagship smartphone on the market right now that compares to the Note7 imho.

By going back to the Note 4 I still have an sPen and Gear VR. I installed a Note7 rom on it as well so now I have the best of both worlds, kinda.
    stmax likes this.
    10-13-2016 12:43 AM
    Going back to Note 4. New extended battery should be in tomorrow. The V20 at essentially the same price as the Note 7 to me is comparatively nuts. $650 and then maybe.

iPhone..... Not seeing how actual Android users could do this. Voluntary captivity
    10-13-2016 01:16 AM
    Sigh. All of these options are downgrades after having the Note 7.
    10-13-2016 01:16 AM
    Even if the V20 did have semi poor battery life, it would take seconds to swap to a spare battery. So those concerned about battery life and not around a charging source, you actually get longer batt life depending on how many spare v20 batts you have.
    Not to mention quick charge 3.0 to get you 80% in 30 mins which is faster then the note 7's quick charge 2.0....
    10-13-2016 01:21 AM
    I thought about it but then I threw up in my mouth a little bit and decided to get a V20
    10-13-2016 01:38 AM
    Not to mention quick charge 3.0 to get you 80% in 30 mins which is faster then the note 7's quick charge 2.0....
    You sure it's 80% in 30 mins? I know it's suppose to be fast, but that will be incredibly quick if true.
    10-13-2016 01:44 AM
    You sure it's 80% in 30 mins? I know it's suppose to be fast, but that will be incredibly quick if true.
    That's what's their advertising.....Heard the same numbers in multiple pre-reviews on YouTube..Quick charge 3.0 is 38% faster then Quick charge 2.0
    10-13-2016 01:48 AM
    Ok so I, like most of us, am really upset about having to give up my awesome and perfectly running replacement note 7 which I just got up and running 3 days ago. I waited for the replacement for almost 4 weeks and then 3 days after I get it this is the bs that happens. Which by the way why are we having to give up all our phones when the direct cause of the 4 or 5 replacement phones buring isn't known yet? I'd really like someone to make me understand that one.

Anyway, so again like alot of people here, I'm not happy with the choices available right now. I would get an S7edge if samsung would put a nice discount on it for us Note 7 owners and then use that until the s8edge/note 7 comes out and stay with samsung since I have been a loyal customer. If they don't I'm very seriously considering getting an Iphone 7plus. I have never wanted nor considered an Iphone for myself since my kids love em but my wife and I always stuck with the Note series. Thing is I'm pretty pissed off at samsung over this nonsense and time/money wasted. Not to mention I really really love my Note 7 and don't want to give it up but if I have to and samsung doesn't have my back in any way to keep my loyalty then I think I'm out.

I've been watching youtube reviews for the Iphone 7plus all day and it's a nice device as well. Not as nice as a Note 7 but still nice and dam fast and with long battery life and everything is smooth as silk and just works and works well. So ya I'm not happy and I wanted to get some opinions. You guys think it's wrong of me to expect samsung to offer us something toward a replacement samsung device. Hell I would even take a 200-300 discount off next years note 8 and pay full price for the s7 edge now but to pay full price and get nothing in return feels like a slap in the face for something I don't really want. Opinions?
    With you 100%.

I'm actually contemplating keeping my Note 7. A few phones out of millions burning...I like my chances.

I'm being honest here, my Note 7 doesn't even get hot, and I use it HEAVILY. I really want to know why the replacements are burning up.
    10-13-2016 01:52 AM
    Turns out even Samsung doesn't know what's going on.
    Samsung has no idea why the Note 7 keeps catching fire, NYT claims - The Verge
    Samsung has no idea why the Note 7 keeps catching fire, NYT claims - The Verge
    10-13-2016 01:57 AM
    Already on it! I am gonna win that V20 in the contest. Fixes all problems and I get my $$ back.
    10-13-2016 02:32 AM
    As a full grown man I can't picture myself using something named "Pixel"
    mscjr, Angus66, stmax and 4 others like this.
    10-13-2016 02:35 AM
    10-13-2016 03:27 AM
    It is no doubt a very good phone and the display, despite only fHD is stunning, easily matching an quad hd amoled. Performance probably best of any phone at present.

However, I thought it looked like a kid designed it with those thick bezels.
    10-13-2016 04:36 AM
    After much agonizing over the decision, I have an iPhone 7+ arriving today. So bummed but I can't go with the S7e. I need the screen real estate. Quite stressed about my decision but I do have 14 days to return it and if I do I suppose I'll go to the S7e.

I've been a mac user for decades but have never owned an iPhone. I figured I'd try it out. No matter what though, when the new Note comes out I will be running back faster than you can say Jack Robinson.
    fitcherama likes this.
    10-13-2016 04:38 AM
    It's down to the Pixel XL or the iPhone 7+ for me...
    Bartone likes this.
    10-13-2016 04:44 AM
    I went with a 64gb Note 5 on Jump on Demand/100 credit for Samsung. It's not as elegant or fun to look at as the N7 but the performance difference in my opinion isn't that noticeable. I wanted/needed a S Pen so the N5 is the best I can get until the "Memo" 8 or whatever they call it is hopefully released next year, maybe soon then later.
    debdroid1a and tadpoles like this.
    10-13-2016 04:53 AM
    After much agonizing over the decision, I have an iPhone 7+ arriving today. So bummed but I can't go with the S7e. I need the screen real estate. Quite stressed about my decision but I do have 14 days to return it and if I do I suppose I'll go to the S7e.

I've been a mac user for decades but have never owned an iPhone. I figured I'd try it out. No matter what though, when the new Note comes out I will be running back faster than you can say Jack Robinson.
    Screen real estate? The S7 edge has a 5.5 just like the iPhone 7+. You get better screen to body ratio on the S7 edge. Unless you need the gigantic bezels the iPhone has to use as a coffee table or something?
    10-13-2016 05:23 AM
    Screen real estate? The S7 edge has a 5.5 just like the iPhone 7+. You get better screen to body ratio on the S7 edge. Unless you need the gigantic bezels the iPhone has to use as a coffee table or something?
    Really? I thought the 7+ was bigger. It's those dang bezels that fooled me I guess. I will be honest this has been more of an emotional phone shopping experience vs a SMART one. I'm usually smarter than that. You've made my mind up. I'm going to get an Se.

I feel really stupid. I suppose I can take my 7+ that arrives today and head to VZW and make the swap?

Edited to add that I have always thought of this replacement phone as temporary. Still so dang mad/upset about the N7. Clouded my judgement and I really appreciate you setting me straight Zommbie. The 7+ purchase never set well with me.
    tadpoles likes this.
    10-13-2016 05:36 AM
555 ... 89101112 ...