11-06-2016 05:26 AM
555 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    Really? I thought the 7+ was bigger. It's those dang bezels that fooled me I guess. I will be honest this has been more of an emotional phone shopping experience vs a SMART one. I'm usually smarter than that. You've made my mind up. I'm going to get an Se.

I feel really stupid. I suppose I can take my 7+ that arrives today and head to VZW and make the swap?

Edited to add that I have always thought of this replacement phone as temporary. Still so dang mad/upset about the N7. Clouded my judgement and I really appreciate you setting me straight Zommbie. The 7+ purchase never set well with me.
    You can - should only need to pay the restock fee.

I've used all platforms - Android, Win, IOS, WebOS, BB - they all have their strengths. With the death of the Note 7 I ended up going 7+ (256) with no reservations, but I'm also perfectly comfortable using any of the platforms. If a new Note comes out next year, I'll get it - I tend to switch it up every 6mos or so.
    WalkingHorse likes this.
    10-13-2016 05:42 AM
    The 7+ is bigger then the Note 7. Has any of you guys Considered the Pixel XL with 128GB. I am looking at the Pixel XL and LG-V20!
    10-13-2016 05:46 AM
    I just can't believe they aren't offering a discount on a current or future Samsung device to us. It really surprises me. They have to know they are going to lose alot of loyal customers to other android oems not to mention a ton to Apple which is happening as we speak. Yet they do nothing. Ok Samsung so be it.
    kabeeo and Harlemknight like this.
    10-13-2016 05:47 AM
    Really? I thought the 7+ was bigger. It's those dang bezels that fooled me I guess. I will be honest this has been more of an emotional phone shopping experience vs a SMART one. I'm usually smarter than that. You've made my mind up. I'm going to get an Se.

I feel really stupid. I suppose I can take my 7+ that arrives today and head to VZW and make the swap?

Edited to add that I have always thought of this replacement phone as temporary. Still so dang mad/upset about the N7. Clouded my judgement and I really appreciate you setting me straight Zommbie. The 7+ purchase never set well with me.
    Yes the iPhone 7+ is ridiculously huge especially with a case. I feel you I'm not happy about this situation at all. My replacements arrive today for both N7's I have. I had the S7 edge before the N7 and it is the closest replacement out there. It's really only missing the iris scanner and s pen. Hopefully an update will bring the UI from the N7 to it soon.
    WalkingHorse likes this.
    10-13-2016 05:49 AM
    I feel the same way uhhh
    Have w pixel xl on order not excited
    Lol, this cracks me up. Spend a crap load of money on a flagship phone, haven't even got it yet and already say " not excited".

Can't you just keep going with your old phone till the S8? I can't imagine buying a new phone and not liking it even before you have it.
    badMojo69, Jona005 and AXEL314 like this.
    10-13-2016 05:51 AM
    I got me the iTurd 7 Plus 256GB in matte Black. Many things better then the Note 7.
    Such as? I'm interested to hear.
    treedabl likes this.
    10-13-2016 05:53 AM
    I got me the iTurd 7 Plus 256GB in matte Black. Many things better then the Note 7.
    Truly one of the most puzzling posts I have ever read. If the iPhone 7 does many things better than the Note 7, why do you call it an iTurd?
    tadpoles likes this.
    10-13-2016 05:59 AM
    I was seriously considering the s7 edge but I've seen a few people here complaining that the screen doesn't look the same as the note 7. They were saying it was dimer and nut as sharp. Mostly it just feels like a downgrade which is what's hard for me to go with that.
    10-13-2016 06:04 AM
    Yes the iPhone 7+ is ridiculously huge especially with a case. I feel you I'm not happy about this situation at all. My replacements arrive today for both N7's I have. I had the S7 edge before the N7 and it is the closest replacement out there. It's really only missing the iris scanner and s pen. Hopefully an update will bring the UI from the N7 to it soon.
    I feel like such a dummy. I usually make really smart, measured decisions. This one was based purely on emotions. I've been agonizing over it (wrecking my sleep actually lol!) ever since I pounced on the 7+. Never sat right with me. Something made me log in here this morning and I'm glad I did. It was kismet! I feel better already.

Adding up the price difference (I selected the 7+ 256GB) plus the $100 back from Sammy if I stay with them. Also all the new Apple accessories I would have to buy vs already having what I need. All the new apps I would have to buy. HUGE $$ savings. Most importantly I stay with android. Love my mac but android phones is where it's at for me. I always looked at iOS as the equivalent of Easy Mode on Samsung. Not for me!

Thanks again.
    kabeeo and tadpoles like this.
    10-13-2016 06:04 AM
    I was seriously considering the s7 edge but I've seen a few people here complaining that the screen doesn't look the same as the note 7. They were saying it was dimer and nut as sharp. Mostly it just feels like a downgrade which is what's hard for me to go with that.
    It isn't. More ppi than the note 7.
    tadpoles likes this.
    10-13-2016 06:08 AM
    You should have gotten the Asus Zenfone 3 Deluxe at that point!
    10-13-2016 06:14 AM
    First, let me say that my last 3 phones have been Samsungs and the Note 7 is hands-down, the best of all of them. I am not looking forward to returning it.

Like the rest of you, I struggled with this decision and after going to the Verizon store and looking at various phones I finally went with the iPhone 7 plus w/256GB which arrives tomorrow. I just wanted the drama with Samsung to be over . . . Regardless, my second choice was the S7E and honestly, if the iPhone disappoints, I'll just pay the restocking fee and switch again now that I've mastered the art of setting up a new phone! I have never been an iOS fan but I do love my iPod so I'm hoping that iOS 10 along with the features of the 7+ will be enough to keep me happy.
    10-13-2016 06:16 AM
    Just downgraded my device to the oneplus3, haven't had the chance to look at it yet but feel like I've been shafted, seems to have nice specs but that 1080p screen is going to bug the hell out of me
    10-13-2016 06:23 AM
    Dat IPhone screen doh. It's 1080p IPS screen is nothing to laugh at. I'm a phone junkie and there really isn't anything out on Android right now.
    Gen 1 Pixel is a no go and I have a LGV10.
    jlczl likes this.
    10-13-2016 06:26 AM
    I went with a 7 plus. There really wasn't anything else on Android that I liked. I usually switch between iOS and Android every other upgrade, so Ill switch now and next year Ill come back again.
    Cmikos likes this.
    10-13-2016 06:30 AM
    If you can see the difference
    And I think you should've gotten the Asus Zenfone 3 Deluxe (look it up if you don't know that phone! It's worth it).
    kadinldg likes this.
    10-13-2016 06:35 AM
    I went with the Note5 and couldn't be happier , I'll keep it until the Note8 is released next year ☺
    10-13-2016 06:37 AM
    I just can't believe they aren't offering a discount on a current or future Samsung device to us. It really surprises me. They have to know they are going to lose alot of loyal customers to other android oems not to mention a ton to Apple which is happening as we speak. Yet they do nothing. Ok Samsung so be it.
    Samsung website says they'll give you 100 bucks credit if you choose to pick up another Samsung device.
    jordans0nly likes this.
    10-13-2016 06:41 AM
    For me, for one millisecond contemplated getting the IPhone 7plus but I really need the spen so I went back to the Note5, and couldn't be happier, got my Spen back and the phone looks nice 😚

10-13-2016 06:41 AM
    Even if the V20 did have semi poor battery life, it would take seconds to swap to a spare battery. So those concerned about battery life and not around a charging source, you actually get longer batt life depending on how many spare v20 batts you have.
    Don't forget part of the reason for the bad battery life...the LCD screen. I can't go back to that after having OLED for years.
    10-13-2016 06:42 AM
    I'm in the UK and don't think the Zen phone is available here or on my network o2, was considering the note4 with the note5 not being released here but oneplus looked decent apart from screen lol so opted for that
    10-13-2016 06:45 AM
    Even my buddy Marcus says so. Its either edge or of the 5 etc. Hopefully this will help some of you guys bc I'm still debating as well. The struggle is real.
    He is the best tech reviewer
    tadpoles likes this.
    10-13-2016 07:13 AM
    People are writing off the lgv20's battery life and the phone isn't even out and people only have their hands on pre-production units...
    This is what gets me at pre-release of pretty much every phone. People trashing it based on some blog with supposed real life evidence of how a phone looks or performs. I recall a heavy amount of trashing the Note 7 due to it "only having a 3250 battery". Now from reading, you would think the Note 7 is more important than someone's first born child and was the greatest piece of tech ever released.
    tadpoles likes this.
    10-13-2016 07:14 AM
    Dat IPhone screen doh. It's 1080p IPS screen is nothing to laugh at. I'm a phone junkie and there really isn't anything out on Android right now.
    Gen 1 Pixel is a no go and I have a LGV10.
    Like DisplayMate said, the iPhone display is the best LCD on any smart phone. It also is very close to the Note 7.

So you telling people it's nothing to laugh at makes me laugh when I look at it side by side to my S7 Edge, (if I had my note still I would have), it is a really nice screen and to the regular eye, it isn't that much different in clarity other than Samsungs overly saturated colors.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/brookecr.../#129a8d3a7f9e
    10-13-2016 07:16 AM
    I ordered the 128gb black version from Verizon. Arriving Oct. 20th. Not excited about the looks but I like the performance and battery life that it should have. I use Google maps everyday while driving, Google assistant sounds intriguing.
    10-13-2016 07:18 AM
555 ... 910111213 ...