11-06-2016 05:26 AM
555 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    The iBezel 7 plus has no fast wireless charging or fast charging no expandable storage no MST/NFC for payment no 1440p display no customization at all no Nova prime no headphone jack. Not worth 800$ at all. I like my phone to look and run how I like it not how Tim crook likes it.
    And let's not forget iPhones share feature isn't as good.
    10-13-2016 07:19 AM
    You mean the one where you don't have to get up off your chair and bump phones together to send someone a picture? I don't consider that worse.
    10-13-2016 07:20 AM
    Screen real estate? The S7 edge has a 5.5 just like the iPhone 7+. You get better screen to body ratio on the S7 edge. Unless you need the gigantic bezels the iPhone has to use as a coffee table or something?
    If you consider the sharp curve, the actual flat surface of the Plus is bigger. I barely tolerated the curve on my N7 and dislike the 7E curve. Too much distortion with games, videos and web content. Half as bad with Note 7.
    10-13-2016 07:27 AM
    I went with the Note5 and couldn't be happier , I'll keep it until the Note8 is released next year ☺
    The Note5 is a great phone. If I hadn't run out of storage I would have kept mine

How do you feel about having to pay full price for an old phone? I just can't bring myself to do it.
    10-13-2016 07:30 AM
    No Way in Hel* am I going back to a Iphone.
    Hate the operating system.
    And They don't have O.K. Google or worst of all.
    They don't have a Back Key.
    "OK, Google" works if you download the Google app from the App Store.
    10-13-2016 07:33 AM
    Interesting. Read...

"There have been several leaks on the Mi Note 2 smartphone already making it to the Internet in recent weeks. If Xiaomi CEO Lei Jun is to be believed, the Mi Note 2 will "have a surprise." The news was first reported by a Chinese publication. Some of the purported specifications tipped for the Mi Note 2 include Qualcomm Snapdragon 835; 6GB of RAM; 128GB of inbuilt storage, and a 21-megapixel dual rear camera."

Not sure if anyone's mentioned it, but the forthcoming Xiaomi Mi Note 2 looks interesting as well.

Attachment 242138
    hasasimo likes this.
    10-13-2016 07:41 AM
    I also got a note 5, went back, my daughter cried when I joked with her I was taking my old phone back from her... best buy is doing a $250 gift card with a next plan. Thought that was a great deal. B&H photo, which I get much of my camera gear from has the note 5 unlocked and international from $430-$499.
    10-13-2016 07:45 AM
    Always good to put your phone/wants before your families safety, I commend you
    Don't forget to commend me also. Statistically, I believe it is astronomically improbable that something will ever happen to my phone. But that's just me.
    sandra_17 likes this.
    10-13-2016 07:53 AM
    This whole process is kinda like me going from my Audi to being forced to get a Kia (no disrespect to Kia owners, but there is no comparison - it'll get you where you want to go, but in nowhere near the style or power). Anything I look at - S7E, V20, Pixel, iPhone 7, are all downgrades IMO and lacking something key the N7 has - screen, camera quality, water proofing, size, etc.
    Rant over...
    10-13-2016 07:56 AM
    The LG would have been a no brainer for me, but I'm not spending that much money on a phone that isn't even water resistant. I need that with my work and I also cycle in the rain. I'm waiting for the s8, then will get the N8 if it comes out next year.
    10-13-2016 07:56 AM
    The thing with this logic is.... The folks that did have burners were just as statistically likely to burn as you.

I get it trust me. I'm just entering the acceptance phase of my grief. I'm reactivating my Note 5 today and shutting off.... but not yet returning... the GN7 for a few weeks until the V20 and Pixel are out, and I can compare to the S7E. Or I can keep the GN5 as a temp until a future device. This way I can preserve the $100 credit just in case as well as my eligibility reset.
    10-13-2016 07:59 AM
    LG V20 specs are intriguing (particularly the DAC audio) but I've seen some early tests/reviewd on YouTube, and they are saying color accuracy is off, and not as nice as the N7 at all, and the camera pictures head to head with the N7 don't compare, especially in low light - that could be the dealbreaker for me for considering that phone.
    I'm gonna hold on to my N7 at least till the end of the month (my old Note 4 is already gone so no backup) till the V20 comes out so I can see it in person and try to decide what to do. I'm gonna look at the Pixel XL as well, but man, those huge bezels...
    10-13-2016 08:07 AM
    no back button would drive me insane

Really !

And it ain't just back one time.
    It keeps backing up one step after another till yer back to the start.

I keep forgetting about the charging pad too.

There are so many small things you don't realize till you loose them.
    10-13-2016 08:08 AM
    I wouldn't mind going back to the Note 5 but I have to have a phone with SD card. Other than that I would probably get that one. I'll probably end up getting the S7 edge again...sigh!!!
    wheresmy600 likes this.
    10-13-2016 08:09 AM
    I Still have mine N7 on. I already ordered a N5 but don't plan on unboxing it until Verizon sends out the kill signal. This phone has been great, charges great and doesn't overheat ever. I love this phone and am getting anxiety thinking about having to go to a lesser phone. I bought the N5 to ease my wife's mind, also plan to buy a fire-proof pad to put on the nightstand. I got this......maybe need to get some fire-proof pants too? Hmm...
    10-13-2016 08:13 AM
    Here are the Major Note 7 Alternatives (sorry, none of them are exactly like the Note 7)-1476364326939.jpg

I will box mine up for exchange tonight. Knowing this is my last day with the phone is kinda sad. Knowing there is no alternative worthy of excitement makes it even worse.

Keeping it though due to safety and liability (and the ability to make people scatter whenever you take it out on a plane) is not an option.

I decided to keep a momento from one of my two Note 7's as a reminder of the best phone that never was.
    zoomis, AdamHLG and wheresmy600 like this.
    10-13-2016 08:14 AM
    I have never owned an iPhone. Thinking about giving it a try. I figure after 2 recalls on this phone maybe the universe is speaking to me and saying give ios a try. If I hate it, it'll only have to hold me over until the new note comes out.
    10-13-2016 08:19 AM
    Think of the S7 or S7E as a 4 month loaner device.
    This is my dilemma with this whole situation - that's an awfully expensive loaner!!

If I get a S7E and after 4 months if the S8, S8plus comes out, I'd be required to pay the difference in what I've paid for 4 months on the lease plan ($33/mo (or whatever the actual monthly is) x 4 months = ~$130 and 50% of the phone cost ($792) = over $600 to get out of the S7 and into the new phone. That sucks! And I won't blow $400+ on a used phone on Ebay to hold me over til the S8/N8 comes out
    10-13-2016 08:23 AM
    People seem to say good things about the op3, so I'd wait until you actually use it.

And make sure to report back on how you find it.
    10-13-2016 08:33 AM
    I went to an iPhone 7 but I did not pick the 7+ because it was just too huge with those bezels. This phone is lightning fast and I chose to go to this because nothing else was available that I wanted at T-Mobile. I'll probably be back for the note 8 or whatever they call it. This phone is definitely not anywhere close to the note 7 but it's a good phone nonetheless.
    10-13-2016 08:37 AM
    Whatever it is, probably no more Notes branded. Called something else.
    10-13-2016 08:42 AM
    I'll miss the s pen, waterproof and all the options the most.

But I won't miss the curved screen. Hate it. Nightmare for screen protectors. Also I don't like the glass back. Phone is too fragile imo and it scares me. So s7 edge is out, also only 32gb mem.

My fiance just got an s7... It's ok but not enough extras for me.

I don't like the iPhone. Not a lot of customization and no expandable memory.

Had a v10 before the note and loved it until the update which traded the battery life, so I'm going to go with the v20. Love the 2nd screen too.

Was going to got to note 5 but no expandable memory killed that idea for me. I did like the flat screen.

Man I'm going to miss that s pen
    wheresmy600 likes this.
    10-13-2016 08:46 AM
    Whatever it is, probably no more Notes branded. Called something else.
    Maybe They will call it thr Note Pro!
    10-13-2016 08:49 AM
    You can still use the vr... just use it with the cardboard app... I been messing around with mine on the n7 since they disabled oculus. No, it's not as seamless as oculus, bit but its useable
    Couldn't get it to work, anytime I put the phone in it gives me the n7 oculus garbage
    10-13-2016 08:50 AM
    There is a specific issue with Bluetooth connectivity between Android wear and iPhone 7. Plenty of articles around about it. Perhaps there is a work around now?

Either way, it's not a good experience without Google now. Still better than Apple watch, sure, but pretty gimped.

Android wear is actually what prompted me to switch from a 6+ to the note 5. Along with twilight (time based blue filter), sleep as android (useful sleep tracking with heart rate and rem status), pujie black, Google now, weather timeline, better integration with Gmail, Google photos, and inbox.

Also, ACR is great for when you need something like that.

No WAY could I go back to iOS, even though that iMessage is killer (wtf with Allo Google? make it handle SMS as well).
    10-13-2016 08:58 AM
555 ... 1011121314 ...